XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Back up Light '07 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 05:40 PM
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by H20boy
That's normal for the 07 and up XKs. One side is fogs, one side is the reverse lamp. There's another thread in this section somewhere specifically discussing this. See if you can find it by searching 'backup' or 'reverse'.

thank you for your marque / model wisdom. the tail light issue had me stumped

onward as I learn more about this lovely but in some ways very odd car

Last edited by ferraripete; 09-21-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts

4.2L have 1 backup light and 5.0L have 2 (LED).

Old 09-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed the light to see if the bulb could be replaced on my 2007 XKR. The tag shows LH Fog . The bulb does not appear to be replaceable, and I could not find a site that sells the complete light. Thanks to all for the info.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts

Hey guys, do a search on forum on this subject. I have two BU lights on my '07 XK, just replace the left fog light with a UK BU unit and rewired; very easy to do..............
no more comments "your BU light is out!!".

Of course I don't drive at night in XK! use the Honda!!! just in case I hit something!
Cheers, Adrian

Old 10-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Default bu light out

Originally Posted by britannia
Hey guys, do a search on forum on this subject. I have two BU lights on my '07 XK, just replace the left fog light with a UK BU unit and rewired; very easy to do..............
no more comments "your BU light is out!!".

Of course I don't drive at night in XK! use the Honda!!! just in case I hit something!
Cheers, Adrian
thanks but at $184. for the fog - I bet the UK -BU nearly the same.
I can make due with one. and put up with the shame. After-all .. it's a British thing. but thanks for the advice. great forum

Old 10-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts

I paid $25 for one on EBay UK; seller did not want to ship to USA! so had it shipped to my Grand-daughter (Raf Leighton Heath!) then she fwd it via US Military mail to me.
Got two GD's in UK, miss them both!!!

Cheers, Adrian

Old 10-06-2015, 09:06 PM
Default UK reverse light

Originally Posted by britannia
I paid $25 for one on EBay UK; seller did not want to ship to USA! so had it shipped to my Grand-daughter (Raf Leighton Heath!) then she fwd it via US Military mail to me.
Got two GD's in UK, miss them both!!!

Cheers, Adrian
thanks - I will give E-bay parts a try

Old 04-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Default Reverse Lights

I am so glad I read this thread, I just got dinged at inspection for 1 reverse light being out. I found it odd too that the manual listed every bulb except the reverse light! I think it is fine there is only one, I don't think I have ever benefited from a reverse light as a driver, I agree with someone here who said it really is to let others know you are backing up. I actually like the quirk that one is reverse and one is a fog, I will keep mine as they are. The car passed inspection once I explained it. Great forum, thank you!

Old 04-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Next time someone rides your *** end of the Jag up close, give em a few on-off's of the fog light. They will back off rather quickly.

They usually have no idea what is going on.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:14 AM
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
Next time someone rides your *** end of the Jag up close, give em a few on-off's of the fog light. They will back off rather quickly.

They usually have no idea what is going on.

You are bad!! I love it!

Old 12-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Thank you guys so much for this thread.
When my 2007 XK convertible was delivered recently, my neighbor pointed out as the car was being off loaded from the truck(from Houston to LA) that the one reverse light was out. When I later checked the rear fog lights I noticed one of those was out.
I was really upset and the thought of having to replace both units did not sit well with me.
Reading this forum has saved me alot of money and frustration and good to know nothing is wrong with my stunning white convertible.
Thank you ALL!

Old 11-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a cheap LED light made to replace a cars dome light. Came with a few types of wire plug ins. I took of the existing burned out reverse light lens assembly and removed the factory light out of the lens and replaced it with the inexpensive car led dome bulb. Just led's mounted to a plastic plate. Plugged in the factory wires and mounted the lens assembly back on the car. I spent $9 online for a pack of 4 led lights with connectors and my reverse light works perfectly now. I will explain more or show pictures if needed.

The following users liked this post:
MarkyUK (11-07-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by SFLA
I bought a cheap LED light made to replace a cars dome light. Came with a few types of wire plug ins. I took of the existing burned out reverse light lens assembly and removed the factory light out of the lens and replaced it with the inexpensive car led dome bulb. Just led's mounted to a plastic plate. Plugged in the factory wires and mounted the lens assembly back on the car. I spent $9 online for a pack of 4 led lights with connectors and my reverse light works perfectly now. I will explain more or show pictures if needed.
Yes please elaborate with Pics, details and bulb type.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 623 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by georgekale
Posted.2010 tail-lamp upgrade, is the way to go.
Expensive! But well worth the price.
There are two reverse lights and two fog lights.
Shame on Jaguar for being so cheap and not doing it right
the first time.
Ive decided that the original tails look better. Half lit led tails give me blue *****. Just reverse,and if someone says “hey! Ur light is out!” Give em a thumbs up and keep moving like a well sorted human being.

The following users liked this post:
MarkyUK (11-07-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 10:47 PM
Received 117 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by jantech
I am so glad I read this thread, I just got dinged at inspection for 1 reverse light being out. I found it odd too that the manual listed every bulb except the reverse light! I think it is fine there is only one, I don't think I have ever benefited from a reverse light as a driver, I agree with someone here who said it really is to let others know you are backing up. I actually like the quirk that one is reverse and one is a fog, I will keep mine as they are. The car passed inspection once I explained it. Great forum, thank you!
#####

For this reason, I copied parts of this thread to show to some overzealous Dudley Dooright who might be anxious to issue me a summons for a supposed defective B/U light. Like others in this thread, I'm fond of quirks like this and keeping this setup.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by PilotRPI
I've tried explaining to people that warn me that one is actually a fog light, but their response is usually, "no, one of your reverse lights is out."

So now I just thank them for their assistance and go on my way.
I tried explaining that to a cop at a traffic check but I got ticketed anyway