XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Battery Brands and sizes for XK/XKR/XKR-S

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 10:03 AM
Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts

Ken,
Some thing not right! $65!! you sure it was new? $165 maybe!

Cheers, Adrian

Old 10-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

In my research over the past few days about batteries and who makes what brands I found the following on the internet. Bottom line, despite what brand you buy most all batteries are made by Johnson Controls.

Here's the info I found based on a question I asked....

Could you tell me who makes Duralast batteries from Autozone.

Duralast batteries are a line of batteries sold by Autozone, which by the way is on every street corner it seems anymore. Autozone is one of the biggest auto parts store chains in the country, known for their great customer service and exceptional products. They can thank Johnson Controls for their dependable Duralast batteries. Duralast is Autozone’s private label made by Johnson Controls. Autozone offers a diverse selection of Duralast batteries, ranging from small to large. They even offer the Optima Gel Batteries in Auto and Marine, by the way which Johnson Controls also owns.

Below is a look at Autozone’s Duralast Battery Line, and the Optima Battery line made by Johnson Controls.

Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within are the property of their respective trademark holders.

Duralast Battery Duralast Battery 750 cold cranking Amps 935 cranking Amps 2 year free replacement 7 Year Warranty

Duralast Gold BatteryDuralast Gold Battery 850 cold cranking Amps 1000 cranking Amps 3 year free replacement 8 year Warranty

Optima Duralast BatteryOptima/12 Volts, 720 CCA (910 CA) Red Top Automotive Starting Battery with Post and Side Terminals. 36 Month Free Replacement

Yellow Optima Duralast Dual TerminalOptima/12 Volts, 750 CCA (870 CA) Yellow Top Automotive Dual Purpose Battery with Post and Side Terminals. 12 Month Free Replacement

Yellow Optima Duralast Battery
Optima/12 Volts, 450 CCA (575 CA) Yellow Top Automotive Dual Purpose Battery with Post Terminals. 12 Month Free Replacement

Optima Blue Marine BatteryOptima/12 Volts, 750 CCA (870 CA) Blue Top Marine Dual Purpose Battery with Post and 3/8 in. Stainless Steel Stud Terminals. 18 Month Free Replacement

Optima Red BatteryOptima/12 Volts, 800 CCA (1000 CA) Red Top Automotive Starting Battery with Post Terminals. 36 Month Free Replacement

Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls entered the battery business in 1978 upon acquiring Globe-Union Incorporated. Globe-Union was a Wisconsin based manufacture of Automotive batteries for both the replacement and OEM markets. Today, Johnson Controls is the largest producer of private label lead acid batteries in North America, and is becoming a leader in Asia and South America. In 2000 Johnson Controls acquired Gylling Optima Batteries AB of Sweden. The Optima Gel Battery is well known for its quality and longevity. Johnson Controls completed the acquisition of German automotive battery maker HOPPECKE Automotive GmbH & Co. The company has a excellent customer base that includes many of Europe’s leading auto manufacturers. Johnson Controls also produce batteries for other applications such as marine, lawn and garden, commercial, motorcycle, wheelchair, and golf cart use. Most consumers have no idea of the size of the battery giant. When people think of Johnson Controls, they think of thermostats for HVAC purposes not batteries. Johnson Controls is not only the largest North American battery manufacture, but they literally control the North American battery market.
Johnson Controls manufactures batteries for the following private labels:

Interstate Battery (Interstate)
Interstate Battery (Interstate)

Die Hard Battery (Sears)
Die Hard Battery (Sears)

Duralast Battery (Autozone)
Duralast Battery (Autozone)

Kirkland Logo (Costco)
Kirkland Battery (Costco)

Everstart Battery (Walmart)
Everstart Battery (Walmart)

Prostart Battery (Pepboys)
Prostart Battery (Pepboys)

Hope this info helps other Jaguar vehicle owners.

The following 3 users liked this post by richzak:
Qwikkitty (01-01-2016), ralphwg (10-10-2015), tommyd (10-14-2015)
Old 02-18-2024, 04:01 PM
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Same manufacturer

Originally Posted by richzak
in my research over the past few days about batteries and who makes what brands i found the following on the internet. Bottom line, despite what brand you buy most all batteries are made by johnson controls.

Here's the info i found based on a question i asked....

Could you tell me who makes duralast batteries from autozone.

Duralast batteries are a line of batteries sold by autozone, which by the way is on every street corner it seems anymore. Autozone is one of the biggest auto parts store chains in the country, known for their great customer service and exceptional products. They can thank johnson controls for their dependable duralast batteries. duralast is autozone’s private label made by johnson controls. autozone offers a diverse selection of duralast batteries, ranging from small to large. They even offer the optima gel batteries in auto and marine, by the way which johnson controls also owns.

Below is a look at autozone’s duralast battery line, and the optima battery line made by johnson controls.

Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within are the property of their respective trademark holders.

Duralast battery duralast battery 750 cold cranking amps 935 cranking amps 2 year free replacement 7 year warranty

duralast gold batteryduralast gold battery 850 cold cranking amps 1000 cranking amps 3 year free replacement 8 year warranty

optima duralast batteryoptima/12 volts, 720 cca (910 ca) red top automotive starting battery with post and side terminals. 36 month free replacement

yellow optima duralast dual terminaloptima/12 volts, 750 cca (870 ca) yellow top automotive dual purpose battery with post and side terminals. 12 month free replacement

yellow optima duralast battery
optima/12 volts, 450 cca (575 ca) yellow top automotive dual purpose battery with post terminals. 12 month free replacement

optima blue marine batteryoptima/12 volts, 750 cca (870 ca) blue top marine dual purpose battery with post and 3/8 in. Stainless steel stud terminals. 18 month free replacement

optima red batteryoptima/12 volts, 800 cca (1000 ca) red top automotive starting battery with post terminals. 36 month free replacement

johnson controls

johnson controls entered the battery business in 1978 upon acquiring globe-union incorporated. Globe-union was a wisconsin based manufacture of automotive batteries for both the replacement and oem markets. Today, johnson controls is the largest producer of private label lead acid batteries in north america, and is becoming a leader in asia and south america. In 2000 johnson controls acquired gylling optima batteries ab of sweden. The optima gel battery is well known for its quality and longevity. Johnson controls completed the acquisition of german automotive battery maker hoppecke automotive gmbh & co. The company has a excellent customer base that includes many of europe’s leading auto manufacturers. Johnson controls also produce batteries for other applications such as marine, lawn and garden, commercial, motorcycle, wheelchair, and golf cart use. Most consumers have no idea of the size of the battery giant. When people think of johnson controls, they think of thermostats for hvac purposes not batteries. Johnson controls is not only the largest north american battery manufacture, but they literally control the north american battery market.
Johnson controls manufactures batteries for the following private labels:

Interstate battery (interstate)
interstate battery (interstate)

die hard battery (sears)
die hard battery (sears)

duralast battery (autozone)
duralast battery (autozone)

kirkland logo (costco)
kirkland battery (costco)

everstart battery (walmart)
everstart battery (walmart)

prostart battery (pepboys)
prostart battery (pepboys)

hope this info helps other jaguar vehicle owners.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​I Realize this is old. But it's still here and people are reading it.
JUst because something is made by the same company, doesn't mean they are the same. They are often made to the specifications of the company ordering them. For example, a Dana 60 axle. All manufacturers use them in their trucks. However they are not the same. Parts don't interchange. They are good and durable. Some more so than others. Dodge version had a lot of problems.

Last edited by BLKLSTD; 02-18-2024 at 04:08 PM. Reason: it posted before I wrote anything
Old 02-18-2024, 08:45 PM
Received 102 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Duralast Gold

I recently replaced a faulty Jag battery with an AZ Duralast Gold with 3 year warranty. With core exchange, it was $110 out the door and it was an exact fit as the Jag battery with the breather hose attachment. Haven’t had any problems since the day the installed Jag battery betrayed the XK. Plus I bought a Duralast battery maintainer to keep it at 100% during its hibernation periods. Hope this helps.

Old 02-20-2024, 09:00 AM
Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by indyx358
I recently replaced a faulty Jag battery with an AZ Duralast Gold with 3 year warranty. With core exchange, it was $110 out the door and it was an exact fit as the Jag battery with the breather hose attachment. Haven’t had any problems since the day the installed Jag battery betrayed the XK. Plus I bought a Duralast battery maintainer to keep it at 100% during its hibernation periods. Hope this helps.

That is a real bargain. I contacted my local Auto Zone, and was quoted $209. + core charge
for T8-DLG Duralast Gold Battery

How did you get that price?
John