XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Bentley GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,150 Likes on 3,085 Posts

Sukhoi T-50, being Russian, sort of IS baby-ish.
They call it "baby blue" for a reason.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country

What year is it? I want a 'girly-blue' Corniche when I get my first social security check.

btw, the skirts are definitely eyeing the driver not the camera.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,607 Posts

You devil you.
No wonder the blue pill is that color.

Its a color that has been around for donkey's years...its a good show of masculinity, and not being dependent on social handouts.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 631 Likes on 409 Posts

That Corniche is a good looking car. Not sure what is going on with the low-rider look, must have some gold in the trunk.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I am sucker for light blue metallic... Also a sucker for any Bentley or Rolls... Those cars got me hook, line, and sinker....

Old 06-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I am sucker for light blue metallic... Also a sucker for any Bentley or Rolls... Those cars got me hook, line, and sinker....
Its hard for folks to believe, but it actually takes monumental effort to escape the brainwashing of society and make sensible decisions intended to impresses yourself. Its that thing that the opposite sex is ultimately attracted to.

It amazes me how much of what men do is intended to please other men. I see folks spending a fortune on their pickup trucks adding stuff like a diesel smoker stack and various power robbing accoutrements that only a fellow cowboy would like.

Those of you who dont know what a diesel smoker stack is- its the opposite of the image above.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

I did not mean to turn you on...

Old 06-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

I did not mean to turn you on...
Dually... All hat no cattle.

The following users liked this post:
LoudHogRider (06-04-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

It is as nature and the universe intended.
Nature gives you plumage, Rolls Royce gives you the ability to purchase it.
I am not ashamed to say I have used cars to pick up women. Have you use the angles available to you...

Old 06-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member

I am not ashamed to say I have used cars to pick up women. Have you use the angles available to you...
Regardless, its crucial to avoiding male menopause and the retirement home, to remain attractive and relevant, by all means necessary.

I have instructed my spouse to have me put down if I ever appear to be giving up.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Dually... All hat no cattle.
Mine is all cattle. Has stacks and it's even blue.

80 mile round trip for some cheap paver's. Blew two trailer tires in the 2nd trip home because I didn't want to do a third trip. Purdy sparks in the dark

6500 lb truck, 8500 lb boat and 2500 lb trailer went 120 miles to the bay for my dad. I built the hardtop a couple years ago for it.

I guess the machismo thing works both ways. I only try to impress myself. If girls or guys are impressed as well then that's OK too. I've never had someone say something I built looks dumb although the XKR has garnered some comments by both sexes that I may be compensating for something.

I don't care. It makes me happy.

mosesbotbol (06-02-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,150 Likes on 3,085 Posts

Ranchero, yours is a Ford. Those are cool no matter what color they are, and tougher than most other anythings.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
Datsports (06-10-2017), Ranchero50 (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Ranchero, yours is a Ford. Those are cool no matter what color they are, and tougher than most other anythings.
Thanks. Don't tell anyone but it has one of these powering it, not a choking-stroke.

Cee Jay (06-01-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
Mine is all cattle. Has stacks and it's even blue.
Well done! Digging your pick up!

Old 06-02-2017, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Cool truck! Also, a great color for the Bentley.

As to the "impressing the women" thought, I find that amusing. I had a buddy that bought a BMW back in 1993 after we got out of College and had our first job. Back then, before secretaries and high school kids starting having 3 series cars, it was a bit of a special deal. We asked if it improved his love life, the answer was NO, they didn't know what he drove when he was in the bar. It wasn't until he actually reeled one in and got outside that they knew, which he was not so good at pulling off.

He was and still is one of my best friends, I busted his chops that me with my company car, a Ford Taurus Station Wagon of all things, got more and better looking girls than he got with his "high end at the time" import. Ahhhh, the good ole' days. Now that I am married impressing the girls is not my goal. My Wife knows that am a bit of a flirt when dealing with the ladies in general, I can't help but be extra nice to a pretty waitress or bartender...however I am not the douche who will set his key on the counter or wear Jaguar swag. But then I never had to rely on crutches to have a lively conversation with a woman.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tampamark
however I am not the douche who will set his key on the counter or wear Jaguar swag.
That's a riot... Parking the Ferrari somewhere where they'll ask who the owner of the Ferrari is so you can raise your hand. Some brands of cars are like a lifestyle... If I leave my key on a table, there's a good chance it will stay there and I forget about it... Been looking for our 2nd set (my set) of Volvo keys for like 3 weeks now. I know they must be in the house, but we can't figure out where...

Old 06-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member

That's a riot... Parking the Ferrari somewhere where they'll ask who the owner of the Ferrari is so you can raise your hand. Some brands of cars are like a lifestyle... If I leave my key on a table, there's a good chance it will stay there and I forget about it... Been looking for our 2nd set (my set) of Volvo keys for like 3 weeks now. I know they must be in the house, but we can't figure out where...
Too funny! A remote key finder should be built-in for frequent mis-placers such as myself.

I see it all the time at the gym, the cardio is lined up in the huge front window all facing the parking lot. Guys with (in their minds) decent cars will drive slow past that area with their windows down to be seen. I can see someone walk out to their car, back it up, then drive out of their way to go by the cardio window when the way out of the parking lot is by pulling the car out and going the opposite way. It was 3 years before anyone knew I had bought a Porsche back in 2000 and only because they happened to park beside me or walk out at the same time. Never once did I execute the parade maneuver.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts

Cool truck! Also, a great color for the Bentley.

As to the "impressing the women" thought, I find that amusing. I had a buddy that bought a BMW back in 1993 after we got out of College and had our first job. Back then, before secretaries and high school kids starting having 3 series cars, it was a bit of a special deal. We asked if it improved his love life, the answer was NO, they didn't know what he drove when he was in the bar. It wasn't until he actually reeled one in and got outside that they knew, which he was not so good at pulling off.

He was and still is one of my best friends, I busted his chops that me with my company car, a Ford Taurus Station Wagon of all things, got more and better looking girls than he got with his "high end at the time" import. Ahhhh, the good ole' days. Now that I am married impressing the girls is not my goal. My Wife knows that am a bit of a flirt when dealing with the ladies in general, I can't help but be extra nice to a pretty waitress or bartender...however I am not the douche who will set his key on the counter or wear Jaguar swag. But then I never had to rely on crutches to have a lively conversation with a woman.
yea, the hookers just charge you more when you pull up in an expensive car

No Jag swag, but I do wear a shirt that says "My other car is a Pinto".

Old 06-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by shemp
yea, the hookers just charge you more when you pull up in an expensive car

No Jag swag, but I do wear a shirt that says "My other car is a Pinto".
Now that there is just funny...and true.

This also applied to when I had guys coming out to quote my new air conditioner for the house. The air handler is in the garage, I moved the Jag down the street before the sales guy showed up to spec out a system and give me a quote. I don't need them adding a nice car surcharge. I like to play poor and beat down when negotiating price.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member

I like to play poor and beat down when negotiating price.
I work from home and generally look like am shipwrecked unless I need dress for something. Can look at odds getting out of the Jag...