XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Bluetooth problem

Old 10-27-2017, 06:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth problem

I have a 2012 XKR. The bluetooth does not automatically connect to my phone 25% of the time. When it does not connect I go to the phone on my screen and a screen comes up asking If you want it to search for the phone but when you press the button nothing happens. Any ideas how to fix this?

Old 10-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Received 214 Likes on 149 Posts

Is the button the screen grated out?

Old 10-28-2017, 05:27 AM
Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts

Based on my experience with my '07, sounds like you are about to lose your phone module. Mine worked off and on for about a year before it quite completely. Might want to start looking for a replacement module.

Lots of help here.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...riment-152498/

Old 10-28-2017, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by caryshaw
I have a 2012 XKR. The bluetooth does not automatically connect to my phone 25% of the time. When it does not connect I go to the phone on my screen and a screen comes up asking If you want it to search for the phone but when you press the button nothing happens. Any ideas how to fix this?

I had a drop out problem with my 2012. It would just drop the phone connection and I would need to reconnect . Not all of the time but it would do it every time I started up the car. Finally had the module replaced by the dealer. It was under CPO at the time.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No it is not grated out. you can press it and it beeps but never changes screens.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by caryshaw

try changing the time out on the screen. I don't recall what menu it is off the top of my head but your phone appears to need more time to pair. Give that a try and get back to us. I have mine set to not time out but if you do that, you have to hit the home button, but I think you can set it for a few minutes.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

What kind of phone do you have? My XKs did not like I-phones and vice versa. I switched over to Samsung Galaxies and have had no issues. Just got a Galaxy Note 8 the other day and it has paired with no problems. As a side note when I changed my apps and other data to the Note 8 using Smart Switch it even put the icons in the same positions that they were in on my Galaxy 6E.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:17 AM
Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts

GaryShaw, Again based on what happened to me, I'm guessing that if you drive for a while the system will reboot itself until if finally comes up paired to your phone. What other members who have not seen this are missing is that everything looks normal until you push the button and absolutely nothing happens...It's not trying to pair. Remember the phone has already been paired with the car.
Mine finally quit working completely so I took it to the dealer. They tested and said there was no communication with the phone module and they would be happy to order a new one for me, only $1400 installed. I got one on EBay for $100 and installed it myself, everything working fine.
The one I got was exactly the same as the bad one as I was not able to find a newer model(as suggested) for a reasonable price.
Good luck