XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Buyer Beware! 2010 XKR on eBay! SAJWA4DC4AMB35287

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Buyer Beware! 2010 XKR on eBay! SAJWA4DC4AMB35287

This thing has been damaged and lots of paint work done. I informed the seller and showed him with a paint meter. He is still not telling prospective buyers about the repaired damage. Buyer BEWARE!!

Old 03-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,166 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Bet you he knows all about it already.

You could try flagging the listing with ebay motors as being deceptive.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts

This was my old car. I just checked the vin and confirmed. What type of damage was there? The car had the speed pack added to it so the body kit was painted afterwards.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi
This thing has been damaged and lots of paint work done. I informed the seller and showed him with a paint meter. He is still not telling prospective buyers about the repaired damage. Buyer BEWARE!!
What evidence do you have?

Old 03-25-2014, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by russduka
This was my old car. I just checked the vin and confirmed. What type of damage was there? The car had the speed pack added to it so the body kit was painted afterwards.
Small world! This car is right by me.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Reference above 2010 XKR on eBay:

From eBay website:

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

2010 Jaguar XKR Supercharged Beast 510HP Triple Black 27K Miles | eBay

Then new ad on eBay...same car...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-XKR-S...US_Cars_Trucks

Here's another very questionable sale....seller on eBay says "Clear Title" research says it was a "Salvage Vehicle" .....Buyer Beware....
Previously SALVAGED TITLE....and sold at CoParts auto auction:

Jaguar XKR XKR | eBay

Salvage 2009 Jaguar Xkr with VIN SAJWA44C099B28786 on ...
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...IFIC...‎
Salvaged titled 2009 Jaguar Xkr with VIN SAJWA44C099B28786 is on sale in Somerville, NJ at Autobidmaster.com, a Copart Auto Auctions registered broker.

August 15 at 11:31am - Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/erepairable...9491154‎
erepairables.com. Salvage Jaguar Xk Cars for Sale And Auction | 4787715 | SAJWA44C099B28786. View damaged repairables cars, trucks, and motorcycles.

Jaguar for sale at wrecking yards - Salvage cars for sale
Jaguar for sale at wrecking yards
10+ items - Jaguar salvage for sale. Repairable Jaguar vehicles to work on.
2003 JAGUAR - S TYPE Year: 2003. Vehicle title ... SAJEA01T53FM80065
2009 JAGUAR - XKR Year: 2009. Vehicle title ... SAJWA44C099B28786

Nice dealership?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pr...424a17!6m1!1e1

So important to investigate and conduct due diligence when you see a car being sold at a ridiculous low price. Even on eBay. Buyer beware.

Last edited by richzak; 03-25-2014 at 06:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by richzak:
Hailers (05-16-2014), SoCal Babe (03-25-2014)
Old 03-25-2014, 09:30 PM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

Richard, great job. You're a regular Dick Tracy. With respect to the XKR identified by SIN SAJWA44C099B28786, I think the ad may be accurate in that it was a theft recovery, the damage was minor ($1,000) and as far as I can see, it never had a salvage title.

I agree with you, however, that you can never be too careful as lots of people make a living from dishonestly representing cars. As you aptly say, buyer beware.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

russduka, did somebody own this car after you? I would assume so!

Old 03-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ndy.boyd
Richard, great job. You're a regular Dick Tracy. With respect to the XKR identified by SIN SAJWA44C099B28786, I think the ad may be accurate in that it was a theft recovery, the damage was minor ($1,000) and as far as I can see, it never had a salvage title.

I agree with you, however, that you can never be too careful as lots of people make a living from dishonestly representing cars. As you aptly say, buyer beware.
If the title is clear, and the only problem was the bumper, which was replaced and color matched, then the price is a very good and attractive deal for someone.

If someone can pick it up for under $30,000 to $32,000 that would be a great deal.

Naturally the car needs to be inspected carefully and would suggest any potential buyer take it to a local Jaguar dealer if possible.

I was not impressed however with the image of the sellers shop. I am sure that this is just another "car flip" for them.

I am watching the ad to see what the final selling price is, and how high it gets bid up.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:21 AM
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
If the title is clear, and the only problem was the bumper, which was replaced and color matched, then the price is a very good and attractive deal for someone.

If someone can pick it up for under $30,000 to $32,000 that would be a great deal.

Naturally the car needs to be inspected carefully and would suggest any potential buyer take it to a local Jaguar dealer if possible.

I was not impressed however with the image of the sellers shop. I am sure that this is just another "car flip" for them.

I am watching the ad to see what the final selling price is, and how high it gets bid up.
There is a mileage discrepancy on this one..

Old 03-26-2014, 07:13 AM
Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
russduka, did somebody own this car after you? I would assume so!

Im going to assume so.... I traded it in when I picked up my 2012 xkr-s about 2 years ago. It was a great car... I had done a ecu tune, pulley, quicksilver supersport exhaust, and milltek high flow cats.. also had painted the wheels black and added a 75 center stripe on it

Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Donzi
There is a mileage discrepancy on this one..
Donzi:

I did not notice the mileage difference. I will look into it just for curiosity.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

The 2009 XKR VIN #SAJWA44C099B28786 which was the theft recovery offered on Ebay, sold last night for $33,600. A great deal, but I still think its a big risk for the purchaser. I wish them well. It would be nice if whoever bought it, found this site and kept us abreast of how they made out.

2009 Jaguar XKR Convertible No Reserve Portfolio Luxury Package Supercharged | eBay

Old 05-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2009 Jaguar XKR

Hello ndy.boyd and others, I did find this forum and it had me completely freaked out, but I'm thrilled to report, I received the car, and it was and is amazing. I took it to our local Jaguar dealer to get check over and they said "the last owner took real good care of it". I guess the thief liked the car? The seller was very helpful.
Cheers, Jeff

The following 2 users liked this post by sharihills:
Muddydog (05-18-2014), ndy.boyd (05-18-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts

Originally Posted by ndy.boyd
The 2009 XKR VIN #SAJWA44C099B28786 which was the theft recovery offered on Ebay, sold last night for $33,600. A great deal, but I still think its a big risk for the purchaser. I wish them well. It would be nice if whoever bought it, found this site and kept us abreast of how they made out.

2009 Jaguar XKR Convertible No Reserve Portfolio Luxury Package Supercharged | eBay
I just looked at the link and photos. It appears that the seller misrepresented the car as a Portfolio model, which it is not. The wheels are Sentas; Portfolio models had Selenas. Door sills embossed "JAGUAR", not "PORTFOLIO". Other discrepancies. Nevertheless, it looks good and the price was right.

Last edited by Stuart S; 05-16-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

sharihills, if the car is in good condition, then you got a good deal - well done! Even if it isn't a Portfolio, it's still a nice car.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sharihills
Hello ndy.boyd and others, I did find this forum and it had me completely freaked out, but I'm thrilled to report, I received the car, and it was and is amazing. I took it to our local Jaguar dealer to get check over and they said "the last owner took real good care of it". I guess the thief liked the car? The seller was very helpful.
Cheers, Jeff
Jeff:

Your car is essentially a Portfolio Edition, just lacking the PORTFOLIO sill plates on the door interior and the Selena wheels. Otherwise the car is identical and you got a GREAT price. I have the same car in the Portfolio Edition, with the Alcon brake system, which I see your car does not have. You have the ACC, I do not. It is a great looking car. Are your wheels 19" or 20"? On my car, I changed out the Selena OEM wheels for a design of my own choice, which I get rave reviews on the wheels.

If you desire to add a Jaguar Leaper badge on the rear, I have them available. The Leaper enhances the look from the rear, and brings out the Jaguar brand. See my photos in my address line below.

Enjoy the car, it's one awesome ride, and thanks for letting us know that you got the car, and your now a member of the forums. We were hoping that whoever got this car, would be joining us here.

Last edited by richzak; 05-17-2014 at 09:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sharihills (05-18-2014)
Old 05-17-2014, 11:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts

Richard,
I think your conclusion depends on how you define "essentially". Does lacking the Selena wheels and Portfolio script tread plates make his car essentially a Portfolio? Here's what the 2009 Portfolio option included:

Exterior sporting cues
- Exclusive Shadow Grey metallic paint color
- 20-inch Selena alloy wheels with a unique shadow finish and red Jaguar 'Heritage' center badge
- A choice of dark gray or black hood colors for the convertible
- Milled aluminum power vents
- Portfolio trunk lid signature badge
- Optional Alcon® R Performance braking system with red calipers - 400mm six-pot front/350mm four-pot rear-the largest ever fitted to a production Jaguar

Unique interior specifications
- Soft-grain, contrast stitched leather to the 16-way seats, instrument panel, center console, door inners, rear side panels and steering – in a choice of either Charcoal with Cranberry twin needle stitching or Ivory with Slate twin needle stitching
- A choice of new Rich Oak veneer or Engine Spin Aluminum fascia finish, the latter with Piano Black instrument panel
- Alloy and leather gear selector and alloy gate surround
- Unique tread plates with Portfolio script
- Leather edged carpet mats
- Alston luxury headlining
- Bowers & Wilkins surround sound system, with 525W Premium audio, featuring low distortion Kevlar mid-range speakers and aluminum dome speakers, designed and tuned specifically for XKR

Some, but not all, of the above were included with the Luxury Package. But only the Portfolio was Shadow Grey.

Stuart

The following users liked this post:
bobdr1 (05-18-2014)
Old 05-18-2014, 12:32 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Richard,
I think your conclusion depends on how you define "essentially". Does lacking the Selena wheels and Portfolio script tread plates make his car essentially a Portfolio? Here's what the 2009 Portfolio option included:

Exterior sporting cues
- Exclusive Shadow Grey metallic paint color
- 20-inch Selena alloy wheels with a unique shadow finish and red Jaguar 'Heritage' center badge
- A choice of dark gray or black hood colors for the convertible
- Milled aluminum power vents
- Portfolio trunk lid signature badge
- Optional Alcon® R Performance braking system with red calipers - 400mm six-pot front/350mm four-pot rear-the largest ever fitted to a production Jaguar

Unique interior specifications
- Soft-grain, contrast stitched leather to the 16-way seats, instrument panel, center console, door inners, rear side panels and steering – in a choice of either Charcoal with Cranberry twin needle stitching or Ivory with Slate twin needle stitching
- A choice of new Rich Oak veneer or Engine Spin Aluminum fascia finish, the latter with Piano Black instrument panel
- Alloy and leather gear selector and alloy gate surround
- Unique tread plates with Portfolio script
- Leather edged carpet mats
- Alston luxury headlining
- Bowers & Wilkins surround sound system, with 525W Premium audio, featuring low distortion Kevlar mid-range speakers and aluminum dome speakers, designed and tuned specifically for XKR

Some, but not all, of the above were included with the Luxury Package. But only the Portfolio was Shadow Grey.

Stuart
Stuart:

I am fully aware of what the 2009 Portfolio Edition is and was, as I personally own one.

The young mans car that he bought is "essentially" the Portfolio only without a few enhancements. No, he doesn't have the OEM Selena wheels, but does that really make a difference? I have Braelin BR02 aftermarket wheels on my Portfolio Edition currently, and does that mean it is no longer a Portfolio Edition? Does that mean that I can't ever sell the car as a Portfolio Edition?

His car has the spun aluminum interior rather wood, same as mine, and actually quite rare to find in the Jaguar XKR cars. His 2009 Jag XKR has the Adaptive Cruise Control, mine does not. His car is a Gray color, and I am not sure what exact shade of Gray. He has the same center console with piano black trim, he appears to have the same headliner and suede trim inside the winshield as the Portfolio Edition. He does lack the double stitching Cranberry on the Charcoal seats. Yes, technically he does not have a "Portfolio Edition". But his car is very close to it.

He could easy buy the Portfolio sillplates, he could easily acquire the Portfolio badge and clone the Portfolio Edition. Just because your car and my car has the optionable Alcon brakes, not all 2009 Jag XKR Portfolio Edition's even came with the Alcon package.

I have the Jaguar leaper badge not normally found on the 2009 and only until 2012 did they appear. Does that alter my car from a Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition?

I think your trying to split hairs and trying to perhaps define the so-called "rarity" of our 2009 Jag XKR Portfolio Edition.

You have missed my point with the word "essentially". His car is so close to ours except for a minor sill plate name, a badge on the back. Lift the hood, he has the same power plant. I bet even the same engine cover.

Bottom line, he got a great deal on a beautiful car that he felt it was in great condition and it is almost a clone to our own cars.

I understand that you may have added the puddle lights to your XKR? Pehaps since you have modified the car, and the 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition never came with the custom puddle lights, your's is no longer a PE.

I understand your response, but keep an open mind. Many of these "so-called" Limited Editions have such minor add ons and minor enchancements, that one could buy a model so close to the LE's that are offerred and they are "essentially" the same. Your being too "****" on the comparisons between the two.

For $33,600 this young man got great DEAL. I know that even with your enhancements (different from his, different from mine) on your 2009 Jag XKR PE, you would not ever sell it for that price, and neither would I.

Our PE's are nice, even beautiful driving machines, but when it comes to sell or trade, having the word Portfolio Edition may not make much of a difference on what we might get for these models. Many brands have Limited Editions and other fancy names, but when it comes time to sell, they don't make much of a difference in values.

Keep the faith Stuart, don't sweat the small stuff, life is too short to worry about stuff like this. Enjoy your beautiful 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition. We own an awesome model Jaguar, but so does Jeff the young man who picked up his ride for the $33,600.

The following 2 users liked this post by richzak:
bobdr1 (05-18-2014), Ngarara (05-18-2014)
Old 05-18-2014, 05:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

Past experience is that limited editions that are primarily cosmetic do sell at a slight premium, but mostly to the extent that they come with a load of options as standard fit. Even limited editions and aftermarket specials that have performance enhancements don't command a large premium unless the car is very rare and the enhancements are significant - think Lister XJS Le Mans or XKR-S GT.

While I expect that my 75 will hold its value a little better than an equivalent MY11 XKR Dynamic Pack with Performance Active Exhaust, which is essentially what it is (plus a few horsepower), I don't expect miracles. Particularly as its capabilities were then eclipsed by the R-S and R-S GT.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware! 2010 XKR on eBay! SAJWA4DC4AMB35287