XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Convertible top will not close in auto or manual

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Convertible top will not close in auto or manual

Convertible top will not close in auto or manual.
I have a 2007 Jag XK convertible and when I try closing it automaticaly it will come withing about 10 inches of the winshield and stop. It is also swinging the locking hooks at the end of this sequence to early and about a foot from it being within range of locking on the windshield. I have been able to successfuly manual close the top in past by using the allen wrench in trunk turinng it counterclockwise and pulling cable then wrenching down from inside on the top of convertible top, but this time it does the same thing as it does in auto mode and swings this hooks to early and freezing up about a foot away from the windshield. I can manual stow the top with no problem and have disconnected battery and resequenced the main windows then run the auto mode to bring up the bonnet to close position many times and I get the same result every time. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
-T

Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

My wife's 2007 XK had the same problem and had to had motors and servo's replaced thankfully under warranty! Sorry to say you need to take it to the dealer or a good independent service shop.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

I don't know about the 07s, but on the 10s, if the top gets confused you have to reset the cpu (yes, computer) that controls the top. You do this by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and then, after manually lowering the top (and relocking the pump) take it back up again. It's kinda convoluted to find how to do it, but is actually simple in operation once you know.

Step 1 -- lower top all the way.
Step 2 -- relock top pump with the allen wrench
Step 3 -- disconnect battery
Step 4 -- drink cocktail ( <-- important step. helps keep you calm in the event you have to redo the steps)
Step 5 -- reconnect battery
Step 6 -- enjoy top up motoring again.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:05 PM

RahtokI don't know about the 07s, but on the 10s, if the top gets confused you have to reset the cpu (yes, computer) that controls the top. You do this by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and then, after manually lowering the top (and relocking the pump) take it back up again. It's kinda convoluted to find how to do it, but is actually simple in operation once you know.

Step 4 -- drink cocktail ( <-- important step. helps keep you calm in the event you have to redo the steps)
Step 6 -- enjoy top up motoring again. RahtokI don't know about the 07s, but on the 10s, if the top gets confused you have to reset the cpu (yes, computer) that controls the top. You do this by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and then, after manually lowering the top (and relocking the pump) take it back up again. It's kinda convoluted to find how to do it, but is actually simple in operation once you know.

Step 6 -- enjoy top up motoring again. RahtokI don't know about the 07s, but on the 10s, if the top gets confused you have to reset the cpu (yes, computer) that controls the top. You do this by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and then, after manually lowering the top (and relocking the pump) take it back up again. It's kinda convoluted to find how to do it, but is actually simple in operation once you know.

Step 6 -- enjoy top up motoring again. Thanks Rahtok

Old 09-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Default Convertible top still freezing going to close position

Thank you Rahtok for the sequence, I tried this but it didnt work. Im noticing that once the button is pressed. It takes a full 13 seconds for the top to even move and once it does, it will still freeze at about a foot away.

Originally Posted by Rahtok
I don't know about the 07s, but on the 10s, if the top gets confused you have to reset the cpu (yes, computer) that controls the top. You do this by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and then, after manually lowering the top (and relocking the pump) take it back up again. It's kinda convoluted to find how to do it, but is actually simple in operation once you know.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:27 PM

I am having the same problem on my 07. The door was left open and the battery was drained. Now the top will not function properly. The top cover will open but the top will not come up. The pump is very hot at the top where it is black. Looks like an electric servo. I wonder if it is electrical?