XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Does anyone live in Naples Fl.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I paid $75,000 for my 2012 XKR and it listed $104,000+ new. You can get them down on the price. It's a beautiful car and a head turner!

Old 01-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,192 Likes on 902 Posts

Although I don't live in Naples, I used to winter down there and always found the dealer to be very reliable and accommodating when they were called upon to srvice both my 2000 and 2004 xkrs. I think the color combination that you are looking at is knockout. Whether the vert is an r or an rs, in my opinion, doesn't bear much on its rareness. It is the color combination.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Jagtoes- I live in the area and I have to say i had a bad experience there once which has prompted me to never return. There is jag dealer several miles north in Ft Myers. I will say that color and interior is superb. Knowing the market here you should be able to haggle them down on the price with the CPO. Food for thought the dealer runs around here for about a 10k to 12k profit.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:51 AM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
Actually I was referring to a non-supercharged vs supercharged engine....XK vs XKR, or XKR-S that's all.

You can only drive so fast on US roads and highways.

Although I have the XKR myself, because that is the way I found the Jaguar for sale, but I never really get to use the extra power that a supercharged engine delivers.

That was my point.

There are allot of very nice XK convertibles for sale in 2011, and 2012, and 2013 models, and are priced lower than an XKR or XKR-S. The cars are essentially the same expect for the engine under the bonnet/hood.

Considering the low number of overall XK sales, it is still an elusive vehicle compared to so many other brands.

Either way the XK, XKR, XKR-S are all beautiful cars.
I understand now. The XKRS is excessive in power but no more than the R - really. I can remember when 300 hp was supercar status! The 4.2XK I think would even really be more than enough is were weren't so jaded by what has become a standard. Hell, a V6 mustang has 300 hp nowadays!

The other problem with cars now days that people rarely talk about is the weight. The weight is also a factor to the more needed electronic nannies. You can control inertia on a 2000 lb car much easier that the 4000+ lb XK's. You also need more power to get the weight up to speed - and the electronics are eliminating the need for people to realize that we do not all have the ability of an F1 driver; let alone on public roads.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

P.S. I made my dad really upset because he has driven a lot of miles in his time with many cross country trips and towed a lot of trailers with big trucks. He wants to drive my XKR and I won't let him... Every fun car I have let him drive he takes out like he is on a track and gets his feeling hurt when I tell him to slow down and it is unsafe... 510 hp and 4000+ pounds will kill someone in an instant. The chasis is eerily well balances which make sthe driver more confident than they should be.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
P.S. I made my dad really upset because he has driven a lot of miles in his time with many cross country trips and towed a lot of trailers with big trucks. He wants to drive my XKR and I won't let him... Every fun car I have let him drive he takes out like he is on a track and gets his feeling hurt when I tell him to slow down and it is unsafe... 510 hp and 4000+ pounds will kill someone in an instant. The chasis is eerily well balances which make sthe driver more confident than they should be.
Aw let him drive it. Some day he won't be around and he will have never had the thrill of taking his son's car for a ride. You'll find that being in the red zone of life every day is precious. Just put a tennis ball under the go peddle. LOL and enjoy life.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

The ivory interior is a plus in warmer climates. Looks beautiful and stays cool. Mine just turned 16 years old and the interior still looks really nice. I clean and feed the hides monthly during the summer. And of course the grandchildren must remove their shoes!

Old 01-13-2014, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Aw let him drive it. Some day he won't be around and he will have never had the thrill of taking his son's car for a ride. You'll find that being in the red zone of life every day is precious. Just put a tennis ball under the go peddle. LOL and enjoy life.
My dad is 86 years old and still plays golf! I asked him if he wanted to take it for a spin and he practically knocked me to the ground to get to the drivers side. He was like a kid in the candy store! I did have to give him a little nudge to get out because the car is so low........

Old 01-13-2014, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Guille
Jagtoes- I live in the area and I have to say i had a bad experience there once which has prompted me to never return. There is jag dealer several miles north in Ft Myers. I will say that color and interior is superb. Knowing the market here you should be able to haggle them down on the price with the CPO. Food for thought the dealer runs around here for about a 10k to 12k profit.
I was on vacation (Captiva) and ran over a screw. Rather than drive back 150 miles with a slow leak I took the car into the Fort Myers Jaguar dealer. They were very professional. Took the car in right away and changed the tire. In and out in 30 minutes! And nobody asked if I had bought the car there.....

Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by Jffcurt
My dad is 86 years old and still plays golf! I asked him if he wanted to take it for a spin and he practically knocked me to the ground to get to the drivers side. He was like a kid in the candy store! I did have to give him a little nudge to get out because the car is so low........

Great day and he sounds like my kind of guy. And you did a super thing so thanks from us old guys.