XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does Jaguar USA read these forum posts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts
Default Does Jaguar USA read these forum posts?

I have been a member of the Jaguar Forum since June 2013. I have found excellent posts, excellent advice, excellent ideas, and excellent members who are very friendly and always willing to provide assistance. There are also great opinions on the Jaguar brand and many members have provided very positive ideas and suggestions to the Jaguar brand to make it better. We are all diehard Jaguar owners.

So, do they listen?

I really wonder if anyone from the Jaguar USA headquarters reads these posts.

Can anyone confirm?

Old 03-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Mike@Jaguar has posted several times here, indicating his attention to the Forums. He is, however, England based and has limited input into Jaguar of NA operations.

It would be foolish for Jaguar NOT to follow at least some of the major Jaguar forums.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

And I'm not sure "Mike" is one person - it's probably just a nom de plume for the customer relations department.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Jaguar should actually be engaging us, helping them make their product better, and their roadmap more secure. I could talk at length on product enhancements and branding. If only they'd listen, I'd have their showrooms full.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Has anyone ever emailed customer service in NJ and asked them? I know they do reply when one inquires about a tech issue or service issue. They have even called me and ref a suggestion I made to marketing. So maybe I will email them if no one has before.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by beh2010
Has anyone ever emailed customer service in NJ and asked them? I know they do reply when one inquires about a tech issue or service issue. They have even called me and ref a suggestion I made to marketing. So maybe I will email them if no one has before.
That would be great....let us know how and what they repsond.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:05 AM

Just sent them an email and got back reply that it was received. Will update this forum with results. Also I looked at Jaguar USA and they now have an add for the New XE to be released in 2016. We all may want to look at it . It is not that informational but a teaser. Maybe this is were they are going.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by beh2010
Just sent them an email and got back reply that it was received. Will update this forum with results. Also I looked at Jaguar USA and they now have an add for the New XE to be released in 2016. We all may want to look at it . It is not that informational but a teaser. Maybe this is were they are going.
Can you provide the link?

Old 03-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

The XE promo clip doesn't show or tell much - visually, it's a lot like the XF but with a short tail (slightly reminiscent of the sawn-off BMW 318 shape of a few years back). Will be powered by a range of high-output 4-cylinder engines, and is aimed at the 3-series luxury compact market.

Last edited by Ngarara; 03-09-2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Correct URL
The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (03-09-2014)
Old 03-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

They should read this forum as Socalbabe has pointed out all of there short comings.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Cheap shot?

Originally Posted by Fastlane'scat
They should read this forum as Socalbabe has pointed out all of there short comings.
If that is meant to be a cheap shot at me, then that is ok.

Reality shows that Jag spent scant marketing dollars towards individuals that are professional women or thrill seeking guys. Only this year did you see the F-type marketed towards young men, as evidenced by their Super Bowl commercial.

Quality is also important. Look at all the exposed wiring on the 2013xkr, Look at th shoddy craftsmantship on the lower radiator cover. Look at the caveman era electronics in the cabin. Dripping a/c water in the 2007, cheap fasteners that fall off, no rear camber adjustments. Blah, blah, blah. No one at Jag corp cared. and now the car is going away.

. Jaguar corporate apparently did not care that the geriatric crowd was the cars primary buyr. Morover, my fiance informed me if it wasnt geriatric buyers buying Jags, then it was "hoodrats" buying the car. And I am referring to drug dealing thugs.

I know of only 2 other young professional women who own xkr convertibles, and both are friends of mine. Mazda did a great job of making the Miata into a chick car and staged many events for women who owned this vehicle.

I had a Miata before the xkr, and Mazda corporate knew how to market their cars. Same thing with porsche and its boxster. I went to several differnt dealers with my fiance and they were more that happy to point out the different owner groups comprised of women who owned boxsters.

I would have bought the boxster, but didnt cause I couldnt make it into a 600 hp maniac, like I can do to the 2013 xkr.

Marketing is key to selling anything, and marketing for the xkr was determined in the UK, according to my bf and not in the U.S.

Marketing over here is totally different than in the U.K. and Jaguar corporate never realized that or didnt care. Quality of a product is universal

They reaped what they sowed

Last edited by SoCal Babe; 03-09-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Agreed; very well said.

I contacted Jaguar via email through their website 3x within the first couple months of ownership of my XKR. Each was robo-answered that my message was received but none were ever replied to.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal Babe
I know of only 2 other young professional women who own xkr convertibles, and both are friends of mine. Mazda did a great job of making the Miata into a chick car and staged many events for women who owned this vehicle.
Excuse me but what the heck are you talking about? Mazda staged women-focused events? I owned a Miata and I've been to several Mazda "Zoom-Zoom Live" events and they were set up almost exactly the same as Jaguar Alive events...

It was perceived as a chick car because it was small, low-powered and didn't have very muscular styling, despite being one of the most best to driver's cars of all time. In short, it is a "cute" car.

And, how do you explain THIS?

Amazon.com: Jaguar By Jaguar For Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 2.5-Ounces: Beauty Amazon.com: Jaguar By Jaguar For Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 2.5-Ounces: Beauty

Hahah!

Attached Thumbnails Does Jaguar USA read these forum posts?-41bjomnfedl.jpg   Does Jaguar USA read these forum posts?-41bjomnfedl.jpg   Does Jaguar USA read these forum posts?-41bjomnfedl.jpg  

Last edited by amcdonal86; 03-09-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

I believe that most car manufactuers, now to some degree observe and take note of the larger and specific forums realting to their vehicles.

This is confirmed as we have a Jaguar customer realtions manager ( Mike ) onboard, although he's predominately UK based and deals with issues within that locale.

I would imagine that the US may peruse the site, but cannot confirm.

I have asked Mike several times to see if we can get a US based advisor onboard, but that hasn't happened, so may tell its own story?

Old 03-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Marketing is key to selling anything, and marketing for the xkr was determined in the UK, according to my bf and not in the U.S.

Marketing is hugely important, yes.

But, do you remember how terrible Jaguar marketing/advertising used to be? I think present day Jaguar marketing is a vast improvement over 10-15-20 years ago!

Cheers
DD

Old 03-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
There's a men's one too. You don't keep a bottle in the glove box?

Old 03-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
There's a men's one too. You don't keep a bottle in the glove box?
I have to admit, I own the men's one. They regularly carry them at discount retailers like Marshall's or Ross...go figure!

Old 03-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Only this year did you see the F-type marketed towards young men, as evidenced by their Super Bowl commercial.
My 37 y/o male cousin looked at me after watching the jag commercial during the Super Bowl and said, "I didn't get it," So they blew it there, too. And the mini-movie they produced had a South American drug dealer as the main character purchasing the car. But it did get me started on listening to Lana del Rey. She's awesome.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Veteran Member

Ah yes, that mini-movie was awful. I love Lana Del Ray! It's funny--I heard that "Summertime Sadness" song all winter on the radio...

Old 03-10-2014, 11:12 AM

I think the Jaguar ads are fine. They do not saturate the area like others but you have to keep in mind that Jaguar buyers are different. Not impulse buyers. More educated I would say and know what they want and do not need ads to tell them. How often do you see ads for RR, Bently, Maserati, Austin Martins etc. even Porshe for that matter. I remember Jaguar ads with the blue xkr running through the warehouse, the F model with Colin Kapernick,the QB for the 49's driving it then another one where the driver power slides gets out throws the key fob and says now its your turn. These ads are teasers just enough to make a Jag owner buy another or get a new Jag owner. We have drive a fine automobile and there are not a lot of us and to me that's says something. Its a good thing.

The following 2 users liked this post by beh2010:
azureyes (03-13-2014), ralphwg (03-10-2014)

Quick Reply: Does Jaguar USA read these forum posts?