XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar XKR ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeeter
But I got a clear taste of the inflexibility of the service department last week and an unequivocal "by the book"/"take it up with your salesman" response to a defect with the car (bought Select Edition three weeks and 400 miles prior).

Wish I could grab the easy gains, but not 'till 6/100k miles are up, or I find a dealership close by willing to give the the 'ok'...

Skeeter
Hang on...you're back in a Jaguar??? That's awesome! Time to update your thread and tell us all about it!

Bruce

The following users liked this post:
Skeeter (07-10-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

DGL - pm me and maybe we can arrange something. Ralph

Old 03-23-2013, 09:15 PM
drc
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default pulley, intake, exhaust

Originally Posted by tommyd
Has anyone installed this pulley kit and ECU upgrade on the 4.2 SC? Did you experience noticeable performance gains?
I did the pulley, intake and exhaust on my S type R and I noticed the difference. It felt faster and more responsive. I had warranty work done with no problems but I don't remember if I got it smogged before I traded it in for my XKR. Smog might be a problem.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Exploring tuining options for a potential XF-SC soon, thanks for all the posts...

Old 01-04-2014, 03:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jamjax
ETC;

Have you already done the 4.2 SC engines, ie 2004 XKR, etc?

Do you trade ECU's or do I have to park my car while I wait by the mailbox for my ECU to come back?

cheers,

jj
Hello!
One of my customers (XKR 2004) had a remapping done and also pulley change. It was done in Stockholm by someone (don´t remember the name). I drove this car 5000km and I was very surpriced! Fuel economy was so good that I thought there was something wrong with the fuel gage.... Performance specially when driving above 100kmh was very improved.

I put in full tank and drove the car at night and very fast. When I arrived at my destination I had 17liters of petrol left. This was 3 years ago and this car still works perfect!

Old 04-26-2018, 05:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So I just had my entire supercharger replaced (under extended warranty) and that included the pulley! So now I have a stock pulley again and have to buy a new one from ECU, as the old one was sent back as a core charge. Evidently the front gears and pulley come as a single unit form Jaguar. From the throttle response doesn't feel like they did any updates to the ECU thankfully, so the tune is still in there. Essentially the supercharger lasted 80K miles, 77K of which were using the ECU pulley.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:24 PM
Received 228 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightman7
So I just had my entire supercharger replaced (under extended warranty) and that included the pulley! So now I have a stock pulley again and have to buy a new one from ECU, as the old one was sent back as a core charge. Evidently the front gears and pulley come as a single unit form Jaguar. From the throttle response doesn't feel like they did any updates to the ECU thankfully, so the tune is still in there. Essentially the supercharger lasted 80K miles, 77K of which were using the ECU pulley.
If you don't mind sharing, what were the symptoms that led to the SC replacement?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Old 04-26-2018, 11:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't notice anything, but I had the car in to the dealer to fix the brakes (I had no power assist whatsoever - brought back memories of vehicles I have driven without power brakes! Kinda fun actually), and they "heard a noise". They said the gears in the snout had worn down and needed to be replaced, which involved the actual supercharger too. It is entirely possible that the wear was earlier than normal due to the increased number of revolutions due to the ECUTG pulley ratio. The cost for the repair, had it not been covered under warranty, would have been about $1,700.

I've actually had to replace most rubber/plastic hoses/parts in the last 6 months or so, which is understandable, as it rolled off the assembly line almost nine years ago!

Old 04-27-2018, 06:53 AM

I didn't notice anything, but I had the car in to the dealer to fix the brakes (I had no power assist whatsoever - brought back memories of vehicles I have driven without power brakes! Kinda fun actually), and they "heard a noise". They said the gears in the snout had worn down and needed to be replaced, which involved the actual supercharger too. It is entirely possible that the wear was earlier than normal due to the increased number of revolutions due to the ECUTG pulley ratio. The cost for the repair, had it not been covered under warranty, would have been about $1,700.
Thank you sir! Too bad one of us couldn't have gotten our hands on your old unit to dissect it to see exactly what was failing, and more importantly if there is a DIY solution for us guys without such a great extended warranty. I agree that the increased RPM could have caused a premature failure, but there is no way to validate(by mere mortals) what percentage of duty cycle that is/was. Regardless Congrats to you for getting a new S/C!! That has to be a great peace of mind going forward.

I've actually had to replace most rubber/plastic hoses/parts in the last 6 months or so, which is understandable, as it rolled off the assembly line almost nine years ago!
Yeah, I am gearing up to do the same on my recently acquired 2010.

Cheers,

Dave

Old 04-27-2018, 07:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Per the blower, in all honesty I think they should have plumbed an oil feed and drain from the engine instead of force that gear train to pound the couple ounces of oil in the housing to death.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
Per the blower, in all honesty I think they should have plumbed an oil feed and drain from the engine instead of force that gear train to pound the couple ounces of oil in the housing to death.
Good point, which brings up another question. I haven't had the chance yet to really look at the S/C system yet, do that have service ports somewhere to change the fluid? Or, is it another one of those "lubed for life" devices?

On the Autorotor Twin Screws I used in my systems they had drain and fill ports so you could change the fluid.

Happy Friday,

Dave