XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Eurotoys tune, pulleys and heat exchanger install/review.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I WILL get ACC to stop again, as I have last week, and I WILL either get it on video or with a witness. IT DOES STOP!
DAMMMMITTT!!!!!
What's far worse is you will eventually realize the one time it did 'work', it really didn't work correctly. Mind BLOWN...

I'm going to wash my car this morning, what diaper do you guys use on yours?

Old 04-22-2018, 09:03 AM
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
It Depends.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mandrake:
Panthro (04-22-2018), Ranchero50 (04-23-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
What's far worse is you will eventually realize the one time it did 'work', it really didn't work correctly. Mind BLOWN...

That's an easy one. I first start off with a 12 bucket cleaning system and a foam cannon. I use 12 disposable microfiber mitts so each mitt never touches the water twice.

Then I dry it with towels spun from the finest microfiber caterpillars on the planet. Their location is a secret but she sure shines purdy.

Then I finish it off with 9 coats of the finest Super Carnub-aramic. There's none better. Only an idiot would use 8 coats. Of course I outsource this as it should only be left to the professionals.

Once done. I don't have to wash my car again until next week.

Now don't get me started on wheel cleaning.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sean W:
Panthro (04-22-2018), Ranchero50 (04-23-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

I took it to the touchless car wash and dry then a 60 mph run to dry what is left. Sometimes the run lasts for a few hours.

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (04-22-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 10:04 AM
Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Great videos showing the difference the mods make. There are zero videos on YouTube like this. Nice work!

How much power is the lower pulley claimed to make?

Thanks,
Joe

Old 04-22-2018, 09:58 PM

I couldn't tell you how much just the lower alone would make. Given the far greater ease of access to the upper and the $600ish price difference between the upper and lower pulleys, I wouldn't even consider doing the lower by itself, if that what you're asking.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:10 AM
Received 141 Likes on 95 Posts

Upper pulley makes 15hp max. and a bit more torque lower down. Not worth the effort. Bottom pulley and a tune is the way to go.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by Mufc
Upper pulley makes 15hp max. and a bit more torque lower down. Not worth the effort. Bottom pulley and a tune is the way to go.
On which motor?

Old 04-23-2018, 01:25 PM
Received 141 Likes on 95 Posts

jahummer (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Mufc
I will hopefully be getting a smaller upper pulley put on my '10 XKR in the next few weeks and will get another dyno run done afterwards to compare to the one I took stock and the one I took after the XKR-S tune was applied so I should be able to confirm that.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by u102768
I will hopefully be getting a smaller upper pulley put on my '10 XKR in the next few weeks and will get another dyno run done afterwards to compare to the one I took stock and the one I took after the XKR-S tune was applied so I should be able to confirm that.
This will be great info! Keep us posted!

Joe

Old 04-26-2018, 04:32 PM
Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Mandrake
I couldn't tell you how much just the lower alone would make. Given the far greater ease of access to the upper and the $600ish price difference between the upper and lower pulleys, I wouldn't even consider doing the lower by itself, if that what you're asking.
Hello Mandrake,

I have been a member on Jaguar Forums for quite some time...
I am mainly active in the XF/ XFR forum, but a search online led me to this thread.

I have been on the fence for quite sometime about some of the modifications that you have done...

I will provide some context. I used to have a 2012 XFR, that I did an upper pulley from Mina, an exhaust (cat back) from Mina, and a Tune from Rica. Loved the car, but couldn't resist the opportunity to trade up to a 2015 XFR-S, which I did in October of 2015. Which I left stock till sometime last year, where I installed again the upper SC pulley from Velocity, and a Tune from Rica, I also installed K&N filters, along with Mina's intake system. Love the car as is, but you always want more.

I started talking with Stuart at Velocity when I bought the upper pulley from him, and he mentioned the lower pulley... I did a lot of research, and ended up pulling the trigger on a Eurotoys lower pulley from Mike, I bought in October or November of last year (2017), and since the car was in winter hibernation I didn't think much of it... Till this week, where I started searching again, and sure enough I came across this thread where you have pretty much done everything I am planning on doing, with exception to some minor stuff, mainly the heat exchanger... I have my reasons but it's mainly the climate (Calgary, AB, Canada) I live in where ambient temps are typically mid 20's (Celsius) in the summer, so that is closer to 75 to 79F, hence I do not think the heavy duty exchanger will be needed, and I can always add it later if deemed necessary.

I have done before and after dynos on the 2012 XFR, and the 2015 XFR-S. So far for the 2015 XFR-S the tune (Rica) and pulley (upper) have probably pushed the 550HP (at the crank, was 500WHP stock), to ~600HP at the crank (I'm at 540WP with tune and pulley now). I am hopeful the lower pulley puts me at 580WHP or ~645 crank HP.

I absolutely love the way this car drives right now, but you always want more, having done it before where you push the car too far (too many modifications), where it is no longer a reliable daily driver (not that the XFR-S, is a daily, but weather permitting, I can get it in it without even thinking twice, regardless of the occasion) or the power exceeds the frame of the vehicle, where it is no longer balanced, I don't think 40WHP or 7.5% increase in power will upset the balance, but in my research I have seen where a combination of both pulleys yielded having to use different spark plugs (one step colder), issues with spark blow out, and so on... have you experienced any of this?

Sorry for rambling and crowding your thread, but no one on the XF/ XFR forum has experienced with the lower pulley swap...

Old 04-26-2018, 05:38 PM

Mike suggested one step colder plugs and since I already had them, it was a non- issue for me. Spark blow out? Nope, and I wouldn't worry about it at all; it's not like we're doubling the output here...

Old 04-26-2018, 06:14 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

We have some customers with colder plugs and a lot without. The only problem with the colder plug is that their is no exact spark plug that is 1 step colder while meeting Jaguars specs.

Jaguar wants a "non-projected" plug The colder plugs people are using are all "projected". That means the electrode is sticking farther in the cylinder than what Jaguar wants (about 1.5mm).

Mike

Old 04-26-2018, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by Eurotoys
We have some customers with colder plugs and a lot without. The only problem with the colder plug is that their is no exact spark plug that is 1 step colder while meeting Jaguars specs.

Jaguar wants a "non-projected" plug The colder plugs people are using are all "projected". That means the electrode is sticking farther in the cylinder than what Jaguar wants (about 1.5mm).

Mike
Mmmm, not quite, I have 2 steps colder fitted exact replacement specs, in fact Jaguar sells them, in other markets.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...-aj-v8-176996/

Old 04-26-2018, 09:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm talking 5.0, not 4.2.

jahummer (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by H.Jones
Hello Mandrake,

I have been a member on Jaguar Forums for quite some time...
I am mainly active in the XF/ XFR forum, but a search online led me to this thread.

I have been on the fence for quite sometime about some of the modifications that you have done...

I will provide some context. I used to have a 2012 XFR, that I did an upper pulley from Mina, an exhaust (cat back) from Mina, and a Tune from Rica. Loved the car, but couldn't resist the opportunity to trade up to a 2015 XFR-S, which I did in October of 2015. Which I left stock till sometime last year, where I installed again the upper SC pulley from Velocity, and a Tune from Rica, I also installed K&N filters, along with Mina's intake system. Love the car as is, but you always want more.

I started talking with Stuart at Velocity when I bought the upper pulley from him, and he mentioned the lower pulley... I did a lot of research, and ended up pulling the trigger on a Eurotoys lower pulley from Mike, I bought in October or November of last year (2017), and since the car was in winter hibernation I didn't think much of it... Till this week, where I started searching again, and sure enough I came across this thread where you have pretty much done everything I am planning on doing, with exception to some minor stuff, mainly the heat exchanger... I have my reasons but it's mainly the climate (Calgary, AB, Canada) I live in where ambient temps are typically mid 20's (Celsius) in the summer, so that is closer to 75 to 79F, hence I do not think the heavy duty exchanger will be needed, and I can always add it later if deemed necessary.

I have done before and after dynos on the 2012 XFR, and the 2015 XFR-S. So far for the 2015 XFR-S the tune (Rica) and pulley (upper) have probably pushed the 550HP (at the crank, was 500WHP stock), to ~600HP at the crank (I'm at 540WP with tune and pulley now). I am hopeful the lower pulley puts me at 580WHP or ~645 crank HP.

I absolutely love the way this car drives right now, but you always want more, having done it before where you push the car too far (too many modifications), where it is no longer a reliable daily driver (not that the XFR-S, is a daily, but weather permitting, I can get it in it without even thinking twice, regardless of the occasion) or the power exceeds the frame of the vehicle, where it is no longer balanced, I don't think 40WHP or 7.5% increase in power will upset the balance, but in my research I have seen where a combination of both pulleys yielded having to use different spark plugs (one step colder), issues with spark blow out, and so on... have you experienced any of this?

Sorry for rambling and crowding your thread, but no one on the XF/ XFR forum has experienced with the lower pulley swap...
Curious if the XFR has the Denso or Bosch PCM? I think all Jags after ‘13 have the newer more tunable Bosch PCM? I’m told the Bosch can make a lot more power??

I have a 2012 XKR and want over 600 crank
HP. I live in south Florida and it’s very hot .. all the time! 😑 I would absolutely need the heat exchanger. With the temps you mentioned, it sounds like you would be fine without it.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by S-Typer

Curious if the XFR has the Denso or Bosch PCM? I think all Jags after ‘13 have the newer more tunable Bosch PCM? I’m told the Bosch can make a lot more power??

I have a 2012 XKR and want over 600 crank
HP. I live in south Florida and it’s very hot .. all the time! 😑 I would absolutely need the heat exchanger. With the temps you mentioned, it sounds like you would be fine without it.
I believe on the XF's they switched from Denso to Bosche around 2012/ 2013... so for my 2015 XFR-S its a Bosche ECU.

The car is due to be put on a dyno later this afternoon... So in about 4 or 5 hours I should have a better idea of how XFR-S handles the lower crank pulley in conjunction with the current mods on the car. I am also having my stock Pirelli's replaced with Michelin Super Sport 4S all around.

Will post updates or a link to my updates.... Update is a delay till tomorrow morning .

Thanks again for all the input. I have decided to keep the stock spark plugs for now, I'll see how it runs and adjust accordingly

Last edited by H.Jones; 05-03-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Per plugs, my experience if it blew them out was to close the gap @ .010" until getting a hotter coil.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by H.Jones
I believe on the XF's they switched from Denso to Bosche around 2012/ 2013... so for my 2015 XFR-S its a Bosche ECU.

The car is due to be put on a dyno later this afternoon... So in about 4 or 5 hours I should have a better idea of how XFR-S handles the lower crank pulley in conjunction with the current mods on the car. I am also having my stock Pirelli's replaced with Michelin Super Sport 4S all around.

Will post updates or a link to my updates.... Update is a delay till tomorrow morning .

Thanks again for all the input. I have decided to keep the stock spark plugs for now, I'll see how it runs and adjust accordingly
Keep us Posted! Also.. would love to
hear how those tires hold up to the P Zeros. I’ve heard they can hold some power.

Joe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Eurotoys tune, pulleys and heat exchanger install/review.