XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

French Racing Blue XKR-S Production Numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 12:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default French Racing Blue XKR-S Production Numbers?

Hi all,

Does anyone know any way of finding production numbers on French Racing Blue XKR-S coupes?

I'm looking at buying one from a private party, and his asking price is quite higher than a comparable XKR-S coupe in any other color. Does the French Racing Blue command a premium over other colors?

The car is a 2012 XKR-S Coupe with just under 25,000 miles.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,132 Likes on 3,379 Posts

You can get XKR-S production numbers from Jaguar Customer Service, but I doubt that they know how many were FRB. See: www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/how-rare-my-2009-xkr-portfolio-convertible-45154/

With under 25K miles, it's low mileage - 5K/year is not your typical daily driver. Maybe it was driven by a little old lady only on Sunday... a quarter mile at a time!

Regardless of color, the XKR-S is rare. The seller knows that and is trying to get as much as possible. I'd be more concerned about the condition than the color. You're in the driver's seat because you have what he wants - $$$. Only you can determine what it's worth after doing your due diligence, and that should be your maximum offer. If you let your emotions overrule your rational valuation, you'll overpay. Hagerty Valuation Tools is a good plsce to start. Google "what's my car worth?" How many owners? Service records? Accident history? Paint/body work? Pre-Purchase Inspection by a Jaguar dealer? Never, ever rely on CarFax.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Last edited by Stuart S; 11-08-2017 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
You can get XKR-S production numbers from Jaguar Customer Service, but I doubt that they know how many were FRB. See: www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/how-rare-my-2009-xkr-portfolio-convertible-45154/

With under 25K miles, it's low mileage - 5K/year is not your typical daily driver. Maybe it was driven by a little old lady only on Sunday... a quarter mile at a time!

Regardless of color, the XKR-S is rare. The seller knows that and is trying to get as much as possible. I'd be more concerned about the condition than the color. You're in the driver's seat because you have what he wants - $$$. Only you can determine what it's worth after doing your due diligence, and that should be your maximum offer. If you let your emotions overrule your rational valuation, you'll overpay. Hagerty Valuation Tools is a good plsce to start. Google "what's my car worth?" How many owners? Service records? Accident history? Paint/body work? Pre-Purchase Inspection by a Jaguar dealer? Never, ever rely on CarFax.

Good luck and keep us informed.
Agree on all counts, and thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, Hagerty's Valuation Tool didn't have this car listed in their database. KBB shows just under $50k however.

It's a two-owner with just under 25k miles with an extended Jaguar factory warranty good through 12/18, no paintwork or accidents, all maintenance up to date, always serviced at the local Jag dealer.

She's a pretty puppy for sure! I've got him down from $55,900 to $53,000 which is his absolute bottom number. I'd really like to be closer to $50k.

As of now I guess nothing's happening, and I highly doubt a buyer will pick that car up as we approach the slow season. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky...

Old 11-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I believe the French Blue is worth a premium, how much I am not sure. Maybe 2-3K?

I wouldn't let a 3K difference deter you from that car. You'll regret seeing that one go to someone else. Especially with a warranty.

The following users liked this post:
AyyVlogs (04-30-2018)
Old 11-13-2017, 05:43 PM
Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
Default do it

Originally Posted by PC210
Hi all,

Does anyone know any way of finding production numbers on French Racing Blue XKR-S coupes?

I'm looking at buying one from a private party, and his asking price is quite higher than a comparable XKR-S coupe in any other color. Does the French Racing Blue command a premium over other colors?

The car is a 2012 XKR-S Coupe with just under 25,000 miles.
the color is worth it...

Old 12-16-2017, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

The most reliable info I have to date shows 178 Blue XKR-S coupes.

Tervuren (12-17-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member

What is your "reliable" source and do you know how many by model year and country?

It would be nice to know your location - at least your country. That might lend some credibility to your source.

Last edited by Stuart S; 12-16-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by JagRag
The most reliable info I have to date shows 178 Blue XKR-S coupes.
Originally Posted by Stuart S
What is your "reliable" source and do you know how many by model year and country?
It would be nice to know your location - at least your country. That might lend some credibility to your source.
Note I did not say "reliable source", I stated "reliable info". There is a difference. And my location has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not it is credible. You seem to jump to conclusions quite quickly, as well as giving very little thanks for anything I post. An example would be in this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...n-menu-193739/ where another poster was asking how to access the "engineering test mode". Your reply is somewhat ignorant to say the least. Even after I subsequently posted the instruction on the "how to" you haven't even done so much as given that post a "thanks".

As for the info I posted above, it is derived from multiple sources including many emails to JLR GCR, TOPIx, numerous car sales websites such as cars.com, autotrader.com, carugus.com, carsoup.com, etc. As I clearly stated above (as well as numerous times in other similar posts in the past), it is only the most reliable data I have to date, and is not the end-all gospel. JLR does not supply any info regarding breakdown by colour by "country of sale", but there is some info on that in TOPIx. The issue with how reliable all the info is, is one related mostly to TOPIx. Unfortunately, TOPIx has many errors in all the data they accrue for every vehicle. In fact many cars they list by VIN do not even include the colour info. On top of that, some of the info they provide is outright incorrect. I know this because my own cars' VIN does not show the exterior colour, and some of the detailed breakdown info is in fact incorrect.

I have put a great deal of effort into researching the XKR-S, but by no means would I consider myself an expert on the topic. If you do not like what I post, I suggest that you do your own research and then enlighten everyone with your findings. Otherwise I suggest that you simply ignore all of my posts and refrain from commenting on them.

I have simply tried to assist other posters when they have a question which I may be able to answer.

Tervuren (12-17-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

Since you crave my thanks, I will make your day and say "Thanks" for a good example of violating one of the Forum rules: "... please do not use this forum as a base to abuse other members ..."

Info does not come out of thin air; it comes from a source. The reliabiliy of sources of information vary. I was curious how you got that specifc, exact number and if it came out of thin air. Without substantiation, it's just a lot of hot air.

Last edited by Stuart S; 12-17-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:52 AM
GGG
Received 16,763 Likes on 12,152 Posts

This thread is getting rather fractious which is both unfortunate and unexpected.

I say unfortunate because it contains useful information and unexpected because it has contributions from long standing members.

Two observations from me:

1. it is never acceptable to be rude to other members
2. all members are requested as part of the sign up process give a Location (City or State and Country).

As part of the 'welcome', I always ask for Vehicle details (Model & Year) to be added to forum signatures. The simple reason for wanting this information on Location and Vehicle is so that everyone reading posts can easily assess the relevance to them. Jaguar specifications do vary considerable around the World and what may be true in Europe is often different in the US or Australia. This thread is about production numbers where such detail is not so important but I would still ask members to observe the forum conventions.

The subject of giving 'thanks' is a personal preference and depends on the individual. At times I've written very detailed replies in a thread and received no 'thanks'; on other occasions a single line reply has received several 'thanks'. Nice to receive but not a cause for regret or worse if not forthcoming.

I spend time on the forum to learn what I can and to help where I can. The vast majority of threads don't require any intervention. Please make sure this one stays on track.

Graham

The following 5 users liked this post by GGG:
110reef (12-18-2017), AllblueACR (12-23-2017), ralphwg (12-19-2017), sharx8 (12-18-2017), Stuart S (12-18-2017)