Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

FRONT XKR badge

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FRONT XKR badge

Hi Guys

I've got a my2010 XKR and I noticed that newer models have a cool 'XKR' badge on the FRONT grille. I assumed that all they were the same as the badge on the rear - and they would easily stick to the grille.

Err, no! If I'd thought about it long enough, I would have realised that there's not much 'surface' for the badge to stick to on the front.

Anyone got a later model and can tell me how their front grille badge is fixed to the grille itself?

Sweet!

Old 07-18-2014, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 589 Likes on 317 Posts

I fitted one of the new 70 mm red badges to my 200 xkr. Got it on ebay

Genuine Jaguar new style grille badge red (70mm diameter) | eBay

Mine had the old green badge, just go round the old one with a small screwdriver and it will pop off. Take of the double sided tape off new badge and put some silicone on the rear of badge, get silicone such as "no more nails" sticks in about an hour. The old badge leaves a chrome ring behind on the grill so fill it with silicone to make up the gap. Then push on, as the new badge is slightly bigger it will just push a small bit into the chrome ring. Will sit out a bit, but looks ok and factory looking.
I changed my rear XK badge for the new one last week, have no pics yet, got on eBay too make it more modern and nicer badge i think item no; 231231717034

hope this helps here's a picture or 2

Attached Thumbnails FRONT XKR badge-dsc_0048.jpg   FRONT XKR badge-dsc_0061.jpg   FRONT XKR badge-dsc_0065.jpg   FRONT XKR badge-dsc_0060.jpg  

Last edited by powerhouse; 07-18-2014 at 08:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mcdutch (07-18-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Love the look of the badge on the "old" style Front of your XKR.
Prefer that front to the newer ones.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member

thanks, have to agree with you to, i'm not a great fan of the new bumpers, i suppose everyone to there own.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

Steve, you're talking about the "R" badge, right? I had a terrible time with that myself, the double sided stickytape is hopeless and it just falls off because the surface area where it is sticking is just a few bumps on the grill. I ended up peeling off the double sided sticky backing and trying different glues and got it stuck on with superglue of some kind. I didnt want anything that would look terrible if the badge fell off. It did come off once but I managed to get it back on. But really I think it needs something that a trim shop might have so if it gives me trouble again, I'll pop it into one and save myself the frustration.

powerhouse (07-18-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member

no need bruce, i used silicone called Teck3 ,when cured when you pull at badges the grill moves. I have the same R badge on the front as rear,as in pic, removed double sided tape then applied silicone, no problem.

BruceTheQuail (07-18-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts

I used a screw and large washer on the back side of the grille and screwed it carefully into the back of the badge.

BruceTheQuail (07-18-2014)
Old 07-19-2014, 12:22 AM
Default Front XKR Grille Badge

Thanks Guys

Sorry for the late reply, but I wasn't getting email notifications that I'd had replies.

Yes, some great suggestions (It IS the XR badge NOT the circular centre badge). I tried silicon, but maybe I did it wrong because it still wouldn't stick to the grill in a strong way - there just isn't enough surface area

I like the idea of the screw and washer, but I don't think it's easy to get behind the grille is it? I had a quick look and it does look tricky (I'm not the world's greatest DIYer.. but I love Jags!).

Back to the 'drawing board' - good to know there's like-minded XKR lovers out there! Sweet!

Old 07-19-2014, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by powerhouse
no need bruce, i used silicone called Teck3 ,when cured when you pull at badges the grill moves. I have the same R badge on the front as rear,as in pic, removed double sided tape then applied silicone, no problem.

Sorry.. missed your helpful comment. I'll try and track down some Teck3 here in the England!

Old 07-19-2014, 01:13 AM
Veteran Member

Bruce i got the name mixed up with product of similar name. Just looked and it's called Tek7. Just go to www.tek7.ie

Old 07-19-2014, 01:18 AM

Bruce i got the name mixed up with product of similar name. Just looked and it's called Tek7. Just go to www.tek7.ie
Thanks. I'm getting 'page not found' in my browser.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:25 AM
Veteran Member

ok, just google Tek7 and you should get it

Old 07-19-2014, 01:29 AM

Thanks. Found it!

Any advice when it comes to using it? Blob on the back of the badge... blob on the grill... position in place with tape to allow time to go off...?

Is that how you did it?

Cheers

Old 07-19-2014, 02:05 AM
Veteran Member

i looked at a few pics to get location, then outlined square of badge with masking tape, remove double sided tape, just heat with a hair drier and it rolls off. Blob in centre of outined tape and smear on back of badge, then push on and remove tape, any excess sillcone around edge of badge remove with a bit of petrol on a cotton bud and job done. Will be cured in about 1hr, and u can drive with it, hard in a day. My car was parked up for half a day when done, drove in the evening, badge now stuck solid.
When u open the tek7 and use put the top on straight away or it will go hard and seal hole in top of despencing nossle. I think i got my tek7 in B&Q. This stuff sticks anything so will do other items for you.

Last edited by powerhouse; 07-19-2014 at 02:07 AM.
StevePalmerUK (07-19-2014)
Old 07-19-2014, 02:13 AM

i looked at a few pics to get location, then outlined square of badge with masking tape, remove double sided tape, just heat with a hair drier and it rolls off. Blob in centre of outined tape and smear on back of badge, then push on and remove tape, any excess sillcone around edge of badge remove with a bit of petrol on a cotton bud and job done. Will be cured in about 1hr, and u can drive with it, hard in a day. My car was parked up for half a day when done, drove in the evening, badge now stuck solid.
When u open the tek7 and use put the top on straight away or it will go hard and seal hole in top of despencing nossle. I think i got my tek7 in B&Q. This stuff sticks anything so will do other items for you.
Thanks - great advice. Just one query about the application - when you say 'Blob in centre of outined tape' - that's the tricky bit because surely this space/area is just 'air' as it's the space between the mesh pattern on the grill. My whole problem is there is nothing to bond the badge to -only the thin metal of the grille pattern. Obviously, I'm mis-understanding where the blob goes Any further advice?

B and Q on the shopping list for today tho'

Old 07-19-2014, 02:24 AM
Veteran Member

you don't have to put a blob in the centre i did, squezzed a small bit out at a time very easy around mesh diamond shape, like whipping a 99 cone, just filling the holes needed till done. If you can't do this just put a big blob on the back of badge, when u push it on the excess behind will fill mesh holes behind, clean any off from sides that pushes out.

Last edited by powerhouse; 07-19-2014 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:38 AM

Ahh, I get it! Could I ask a favour? How far to the right/down does the badge sit? I looked at two XKRs recently and they were in slightly different positions. One was centred VERTICALLY and around five 'grid holes' to the left of the right hand side of the grille aperture, but another had the badge horizontaLly LOWER the centre line though the circular badge (does that make sense?). Looking at your pic, it certainly looks as if it should be 'in line' with the circular badge and around 'five grid holes' from the right hand side of the aperture. I hate to get it stuck on and find it's in the wrong place! Cheers

Old 07-19-2014, 02:51 AM
Veteran Member

yes steve the badge is on the same centre line as middle badge, and from edge of centre badge to slope on R badge is 10 full holes as in pic, looks good to me.

Last edited by powerhouse; 07-19-2014 at 02:53 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by powerhouse:
sherbercars (07-19-2014), StevePalmerUK (07-19-2014)
Old 07-19-2014, 02:57 AM

yes steve the badge is on the same centre line as middle badge, and from edge of centre badge to slope on R badge is 10 full holes as in pic, looks good to me.
Fab! Big thanks. Off to B and Q!!!

Old 07-19-2014, 03:07 AM
Veteran Member

ok, put up pics when done, and make sur yuu have a rag with a small soak of wd-40 or petrol to clean of hands and any on badge off silicone when done, petrol is bad for hands but has to be done somtimes.

Quick Reply: FRONT XKR badge