XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Have you used Klasse?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Have you used Klasse?

A guy here at work swears by it. I've been using Zaino...

I looked it up on the interstate and it says it is an acrylic product.

Interested to see if anyone here has used it before...

Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

I have, though not on my XK. I liked their all-in-one product well enough, though I think it depends on what you're using it for. The last car I bought before the XK had very poorly applied wax on it... washing the car normally and then applying Klasse AIO (red bottle) really removed the haze that was there when I brought it home from the dealership (Edit: yes I did use the Klasse on my XK in fact... for the exact same purpose). As far as long-term protection and overall shine, I wasn't as sold on it though.

They also make a product that comes in a gray bottle... I forget what its called but its a sealant type product. That stuff I did not like very much at all. I didn't feel like it added much, if anything, and man was it a bear to work with. Anything more than just a whisper-thin coating and you'll be buffing until your shoulders scream. Even with a super thin coating it was far from easy to get off, IMO. Overall I don't think they were bad, but given the amount of hype they get, I have to admit I expected more.

The following users liked this post:
rscultho (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've used it for years now, find it works very well. There are two types, the red is the "All-in-one" which is a cleaner (chemical, not physical) and sealant and the grey bottle which is their "Glaze" for a top coat and sealant.

The All-in-one works very well as a cleaner and sealant, looks great and lasts well for months. Its also very easy to apply. The glaze is a bit harder to apply, you need to follow the directions (apply a very small amount, allow to dry, buff off) and it produces a very nice "wet" shine. The fact that its hard to get off if you use too much makes me feel positive about its longevity....

I have read in a few places that the All-in-one shouldn't be used too regularly (perhaps only a few times a year) as although it isn't a mechanical cleaner some folks feel it can affect the clear coat. If your paint is clean, you only need the glaze.

Last edited by ct6978; 01-20-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:33 AM
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Klasse

I have been using both All-In-One and Glaze (silver bottle) for ~10 years. AIO goes on easy and comes off easy, and is best used with machine polisher and very light cut or no-cut foam pad. Glaze is, as previous comment says, a real bear to remove. The trick to removing the glaze is that after you do first pass wiping it off, use a damp cloth to remove it (much like Rain-ex). That gets the haze out.

Alternately, I have used Liquid Glass for years (the original bronze can), and I have to admit it works very well. Good thing about Klasse is it does not stain black plastic and rubber bits - in fact, it makes them look better.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have used both as well (red)wax & (grey)glaze. Pleased with the results. Seems to last very well and after the glaze is removed with some light work, it really does shine!