XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help needed regarding Audio Connectivity Module (ACM)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed regarding Audio Connectivity Module (ACM)

Hi,

After resisting it, I finally gave in and decided to install the ACM module in my 2007 XK.

I bought the part on-line (the package looked fine with all the parts neatly included, looked like it was straight from the factory), and installed it myself. No problem so far.

I brought the car to the dealer to get the required software upgrade for my head unit. I just got the car back, but I nothing is working.

There are two things I need some help with (much thanks in advance).

After the stereo upgrade from the dealer, I was expecting to see an "Aux" button in the Audio menu. I am not seeing it. Should I see this button no matter what (even if ACM unit is not connected)?

Second, I see no power going to the iPod connector. Does this mean that my ACM unit is DOA? Or does it require proper head unit software upgrade to see power?

How do I check to see if the software is upgraded?

I was so excited to get this upgrade finally, but now I feel like I just wasted time/money...

Old 04-20-2016, 06:28 PM
Received 442 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Gameboy
Hi,

After resisting it, I finally gave in and decided to install the ACM module in my 2007 XK.

I bought the part on-line (the package looked fine with all the parts neatly included, looked like it was straight from the factory), and installed it myself. No problem so far.

I brought the car to the dealer to get the required software upgrade for my head unit. I just got the car back, but I nothing is working.

There are two things I need some help with (much thanks in advance).

After the stereo upgrade from the dealer, I was expecting to see an "Aux" button in the Audio menu. I am not seeing it. Should I see this button no matter what (even if ACM unit is not connected)?

Second, I see no power going to the iPod connector. Does this mean that my ACM unit is DOA? Or does it require proper head unit software upgrade to see power?

How do I check to see if the software is upgraded?

I was so excited to get this upgrade finally, but now I feel like I just wasted time/money...
Sounds like they didn't flash the head unit correctly. I saw your post and disconnected my ACM and still had the "AUX" on the screen.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:14 PM

THANK YOU!!!

That was what I was suspecting as well, but I had no way to check since there is no way to check the version number of the stereo software. I think they updated the firmware of the control unit instead of the stereo. I will go back and try to work this out.

Does anyone know exactly what I should tell them to upgrade?

Thanks again!

Old 04-20-2016, 11:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

I fitted an ACM on my '07 XKR myself and got it working using my Mangoose. All I had to do was choose the menu option is SDD to add it (something like Auxiliary Audio Input). Once I did that the Aux option appeared.

I was actually disappointed with the ACM so removed it again although I still have the Aux option available.

My main issue was that it compromised my already poor FM reception and the station I listen to the most was already on the edge so it became quite crackly.

I also noticed that it would constantly play the music on my USB stick even when I have a different source selected. I don't hear the music but I can see the light on the USB stick flashing and the track I left it on isn't the one that plays when I go back to the ACM.

It also doesn't seem to integrate as well with the head unit as the one that became available on the later XK's.

My favourite radio station recently blew their transmitter up and have replaced it with a lower power one so now that I am back to crackling again I may refit the ACM and get a bluetooth streaming adapter and just use something like Spotify instead.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:29 AM

Dension - Jaguar

Check this out. Don't know if it'll help.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:21 PM

It took a couple of weeks to reschedule an appointment with my dealer and some hair-raising minutes as iPod connection was not working (turned out the connection was loose), I am very happy to report that everything is working now.

Thank you to everyone here who helped. Without it I could not have done this.

The lesson is not to assume that your dealer knows what to do on old electronics stuff.

At least I know I can dis-assemble my dash without breaking wood panels. Again, thanks to everyone here with your knowledge and assistance.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:03 PM

Send check or money order to.....

Old 02-14-2017, 11:32 PM

I have the same car. I can't find a way to get an aux option. I watched a few utube videos that show the aux button (my phone is synced and works fine). Source only shows radio , satellite radio, and cd as option

" All I had to do was choose the menu option is SDD to add it (something like Auxiliary Audio Input" what is sdd please?

Last edited by Goodryke1959; 02-14-2017 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,893 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Originally Posted by Goodryke1959
I have the same car. I can't find a way to get an aux option. I watched a few utube videos that show the aux button (my phone is synced and works fine). Source only shows radio , satellite radio, and cd as option

" All I had to do was choose the menu option is SDD to add it (something like Auxiliary Audio Input" what is sdd please?
Before getting to SDD (a software tool that lets you view and modify parameters used by your car), do you have an ACM installed?

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 07:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,140 Likes on 3,383 Posts

Goodryke1959,

The 2007 and 2008 XK/XKR models did not come from the factory with iPod/USB connectivity integrated with the touchscreen. To add this feature, you have to buy the genuine Jaguar accessory Audio Connectivity Module. You can install it yourself or have the dealer do it, but it must be configured using the Jaguar SDD software to enable it to be recognized by the Infotainment System to work properly.

iPod connectivity became standard equipment beginning with the 2009 models.

Stuart

P.S. I was typing (slowly on my phone) and didn't see kj07xk's reply.

Last edited by Stuart S; 02-15-2017 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Added P. S.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart S:
kj07xk (02-15-2017), Sean W (02-15-2017)