Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Inoperative Puddle Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb Inoperative Puddle Lights

Question for those who may know:

I found the TSB for the inoperative puddle lights that correctes the car's computer to allow the lights to work again after a prior TSB is performed in the series.

I just went to my local Jaguar dealer here in San Jose with the TSB and they tried to correct the problem. I was told after 30 minutes of trying, that the new Jaguar computer interface does not work that same way as the older IDS system that mechanics used. The TSB was released when the IDS was the computer interface used by all dealers. I guess this new system cannot perform some of the past TSBs.

My query is - have any of you had the same problem with the puddle lights not working and have you been able to get them corrected by a dealer with the newer system? I would like these to work, but I do not want to pay my dealer by the hour to figure it out if there is no definitive correction.

Thanks for all your help!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ironfreak7
Question for those who may know:

I found the TSB for the inoperative puddle lights that correctes the car's computer to allow the lights to work again after a prior TSB is performed in the series.

I just went to my local Jaguar dealer here in San Jose with the TSB and they tried to correct the problem. I was told after 30 minutes of trying, that the new Jaguar computer interface does not work that same way as the older IDS system that mechanics used. The TSB was released when the IDS was the computer interface used by all dealers. I guess this new system cannot perform some of the past TSBs.

My query is - have any of you had the same problem with the puddle lights not working and have you been able to get them corrected by a dealer with the newer system? I would like these to work, but I do not want to pay my dealer by the hour to figure it out if there is no definitive correction.

Thanks for all your help!
It appears that you're not alone. I would ask about this:

Hope this helps, brother! I dropped this and a few other manuals/TSBs/guides in your Dropbox.

Cheers!

e

Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by emxnyc
It appears that you're not alone. I would ask about this:
Ah, just read your prior... there is an updated file in your DB. I should read completely first.

e