Iphone Not Connecting

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Iphone Not Connecting

Huge issue for me as music is essential

Car: XK 2011
Phones: Iphone 6s, Iphone 7

Both phones will not connect to the car via the iPhone connection or the USB connection. I have no issue with the bluetooth just with the music connection. Started after one of the more recent updates, been unable to connect for months now.

Any ideas?

Old 03-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

There are at least 2-3 threads on this subject already on the forum type no music connection with iphone bluetooth in the search box at the top right hand side of this thread and see what you get.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

Possibilities:
  • If it used to work, it's probably the Apple & USB adapter in the centre console box - mine went south a while back.
  • If it's never worked, are you using a genuine Apple 32-pin-to-Lighting adapter? Third-party ones don't always work.
Oh, and the USB connector will not work with Apple devices - it's for USB sticks & similar mass-storage devices.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for responses.

2011 does not have bluetooth streaming. Have search various threads on the boards, looking for a better solution than to put my music on a USB stick. Seems like many others are having this issue....

I'm currently using the Jaguar Audio AUX cable which is a 30 pin. It's from the dealership/came with the car. Then I have an apple adapter (jaguar part is for old APPL port) that converts it from the old port to the new port. It's always worked until an update or two ago with iPhone. (Did disconnect randomly at times but worked)

Tried connecting a USB drive to the USB connector with music files on it and it worked seamlessly, so I don't believe it's the port in the actual car.

Perhaps I will get a new AUX cable to see if that helps as it's one potential variable although I have my doubts because it stopped working immediately after the update.

Last edited by XKOwner; 03-29-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by XKOwner
Thanks for responses.

2011 does not have bluetooth streaming. Have search various threads on the boards, looking for a better solution than to put my music on a USB stick. Seems like many others are having this issue....
I use this device for Bluetooth music streaming. It works great.

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-30-2017, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by XKOwner
Thanks for responses.

I'm currently using the Jaguar Audio AUX cable which is a 30 pin. It's from the dealership/came with the car. Then I have an apple adapter (jaguar part is for old APPL port) that converts it from the old port to the new port. It's always worked until an update or two ago with iPhone. (Did disconnect randomly at times but worked)

Tried connecting a USB drive to the USB connector with music files on it and it worked seamlessly, so I don't believe it's the port in the actual car.

Perhaps I will get a new AUX cable to see if that helps as it's one potential variable although I have my doubts because it stopped working immediately after the update.
Doubtful it's the Aux input on the car as you mention it was working fine until you updated your phone. But it could be the 30 pin to lightning adapter failed. I'd suspect it's something in your phone requiring configuration since the update. If you have an iPod or a friend has an iPhone, you can test the lighting adapter.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:55 AM
Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

if you download one song from iTunes into the music folder, play that song, then everything else works fine. don't know why this is the case but it worked for me.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Received 141 Likes on 95 Posts

Your car wont stream music even though the phone is connected. Buy an old Ipod for $40 from E bay and download your songs to it. Leave the ipod plugged in to the 30 pin connector permanently. No need to touch it again. Ipod will shut down after a few minutes of non use so no car battery worries and the Ipod is always fully charged.
This is what I did and it works great.