XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

JEPC '13 or '18

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JEPC '13 or '18

Does anyone know where I can get an offline copy of the above? I have 2009, but I have seen screenshots of the '18 version and the drawings are much easier to understand and click on part to get part numbers.

Thanks
Henry

Old 09-12-2023, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,284 Likes on 1,797 Posts

Henry I have done this multiple times and with the free file upload sites it only stays good for a week or so? Note I have both versions and this is the 18 version. Which is the latest version Jaguar released. If you or anybody else needs this please get it now. It's a 1.2GB RAR archive so be ready for that. I will assume you are familiar with compressed archives?

JEPC 18

Next do you know how to run it? Do you know about JPART?
If not search and install JPART. It's on this forum and is free to use.

We have a mess because JEPC depended on Flash and that is now dead and automatically removed from your computer via MS updates. JPART allows us to use the old JEPC without flash. It works good and we are VERY lucky that some smart software guy took this project on! Otherwise we would have JEPC but no pictures/diagrams! Yea not very useful I agree!

The following users liked this post:
jahummer (09-12-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 10:41 AM
Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

I assume there's no viable way of getting this to work on a Mac (without installing Parallels or similar obviously) is there?

Old 09-12-2023, 12:33 PM

I tried downloading and just as it started I got a Malware attack that locked my computer. Can you please check the source to see if it is clean? I know you are a veteran member, but someone may have hacked the site JEPC 18 was posted on. My anti-bad guy software stopped it and I regained control...

I am familiar with RAR files and have a decompress app. I'm already using JPart.
Thanks
Henry

Old 09-12-2023, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 497 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Henry Schmitt
I tried downloading and just as it started I got a Malware attack that locked my computer. Can you please check the source to see if it is clean? I know you are a veteran member, but someone may have hacked the site JEPC 18 was posted on. My anti-bad guy software stopped it and I regained control...

I am familiar with RAR files and have a decompress app. I'm already using JPart.
Thanks
Henry
I just tried to download, it just shows up as failed, but no notification of issues - could be because I'm using a VPN.

Old 09-12-2023, 12:53 PM

Your VPN firewall may have stopped it and recognized malware

Old 09-12-2023, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member

Your VPN firewall may have stopped it and recognized malware
I turned off the VPN - it finished downloading - I checked the file with Avast - said no malware found.

Old 09-12-2023, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by McJag222
I turned off the VPN - it finished downloading - I checked the file with Avast - said no malware found.
Thanks, I'll try again. Another sphincter-tightening adventure!
Henry

I downloaded again. Got a pop up to a **** site... closed that and the download seemed to work, on a OneDrive folder... now it will not sync, blocked by MS OneDrive. Seems to be infected. Very frustrating

Last edited by Henry Schmitt; 09-12-2023 at 03:30 PM. Reason: update on action
Old 09-12-2023, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,908 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Dunno, something funky with that download or the download site. Went to try to download and started getting lots of pop up about virus infections, damaged computer, etc. From virus section software I don’t have on my machine, and in the fine print is the website allsidesonline .com (IIRC). Ran the malware and virus scanners I have, nothing detected, so rebooted and the pop ups are gone. Never did actually download anything other than trouble.

EDIT: Need to change that statement about the pop ups being gone. Started my browser, and they’re back, so my browser (chrome) was infected.

Last edited by kj07xk; 09-12-2023 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member

I did not getting any pop ups or notifications when I opened the page to the download site - usually Avast jumps right in if a site has malware.

Old 09-12-2023, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by McJag222
I did not getting any pop ups or notifications when I opened the page to the download site - usually Avast jumps right in if a site has malware.
I had pop ups again on the second try. The 1.17Gb RAR file downloaded to OneDrive but would not sync to my laptop. MS blocked it from sync due to suspicious file. You must have a really good security setup.

Old 09-12-2023, 04:09 PM
Received 71 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks, I'll try again. Another sphincter-tightening adventure!
Henry

I downloaded again. Got a pop up to a **** site... closed that and the download seemed to work, on a OneDrive folder... now it will not sync, blocked by MS OneDrive. Seems to be infected. Very frustrating

yeah yeah yeah...sure.

Old 09-12-2023, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member

I extracted the files - logged in, of course like the older catalogs it needs flash player to display the drawings.

Old 09-12-2023, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member

There was a post to a working copy of the older JEPC catalog that was modified to work without the flash player. Can't find the post.

Edit - the program itself gave a link to the posters site - follow the install instructions carefully and it will work:

https://jpart.org/index.html

Last edited by McJag222; 09-12-2023 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 06:51 AM
Veteran Member

Yes that's JPART and it does fix the lack of flash player. Note a quick search on this forum will also find JPART.
Yes no pictures if using just JEPC now.
The file is the one I have used for several years so can't answer about virus or malware warnings? If anyone has a better site to upload to I could try that.
But I have used that RAR archive multiple times to install JEPC.

Just clicked the link and it downloaded with no problems at around 5MB/sec? Seems OK?

Old 09-13-2023, 07:33 AM
Received 196 Likes on 125 Posts

flash is highly exploitable, that's why it trips malware scanners. you don't want it installed at all if you can avoid it.

there are online conversion tools which can do SWF to PDF, MP4, GIF, probably others. i may look into converting these later, if possible. no i won't -- missed this part! it's been done already:

Originally Posted by clubairth1
JPART allows us to use the old JEPC without flash. It works good and we are VERY lucky that some smart software guy took this project on!

Last edited by jons; 09-13-2023 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-13-2023, 07:41 AM
Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Have not tried Parallels but do use JPart and SDD on an older Intel-based iMac (and previously on a MacBook Air) running VirtualBox. Unfortunately, VirtualBox doesn't work on the newer Apple processors. So if you have an older Mac, you can put it to good use with a bit of effort.
Let use know if you have any luck with Parallels.

Old 09-14-2023, 10:27 AM
Smile Mission completed

Yes that's JPART and it does fix the lack of flash player. Note a quick search on this forum will also find JPART.
Yes no pictures if using just JEPC now.
The file is the one I have used for several years so can't answer about virus or malware warnings? If anyone has a better site to upload to I could try that.
But I have used that RAR archive multiple times to install JEPC.

Just clicked the link and it downloaded with no problems at around 5MB/sec? Seems OK?
Clubairth1-- Thanks for the extra effort. I did manage to download the file, in a reasonable amount of time. Then I used WinRAR to extract the files and folders. It took over 10 hours to do that... I don't have the latest laptop but it made me nervous! It did finally work to completion overnight, and JPart reads it and displays parts and allows easy selection and P/N lookup, much better than the '09 JEPC version. Many thanks for uploading the file! I used CCleaner to get rid of cookies, pop ups, and malware that came from the file upload site. All good now!

Thanks again
Henry

Old 09-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member

Good job Henry! Yes it takes a bit of effort and Jaguar for sure does not make it easy for a car owner to get this stuff and have if work!

Old 04-29-2024, 02:15 AM
Received 96 Likes on 39 Posts
Default JEPC Download

Henry I have done this multiple times and with the free file upload sites it only stays good for a week or so? Note I have both versions and this is the 18 version. Which is the latest version Jaguar released. If you or anybody else needs this please get it now. It's a 1.2GB RAR archive so be ready for that. I will assume you are familiar with compressed archives?

JEPC 18

Next do you know how to run it? Do you know about JPART?
If not search and install JPART. It's on this forum and is free to use.

We have a mess because JEPC depended on Flash and that is now dead and automatically removed from your computer via MS updates. JPART allows us to use the old JEPC without flash. It works good and we are VERY lucky that some smart software guy took this project on! Otherwise we would have JEPC but no pictures/diagrams! Yea not very useful I agree!
Any chance of posting this again? I'd like to get the '18 version, which is no longer available through the link.

The following users liked this post:
XJ8Germany (04-29-2024)

Quick Reply: JEPC '13 or '18