XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just Took Delivery 2013 Jaguar XK Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Just Took Delivery 2013 Jaguar XK Coupe

Traded in my XKR convertible for a 2013 XK Coupe. Now that I have the F-Type, I don't need the XKR but would feel a hole in my heart if I didn't have an XK so I got the coupe. I think it is one of the most beautiful cars on the road today. Drives as smoothly as a luxury sedan but has some heart. It's a great fit in my Jag family and gives me something to take on slightly longish trips when the F-Type might start to feel cramped and the XJL might be overkill. I know there is a new body style coming in 15 and that is actually the reason I decided to pop for an XK now. Whatever they do to it - they will never make it more beautiful than it is today. The silver shines and the car is nicer than I realized. 30 years from now people will talk about the XK the way they do the E-Type today. I feel very lucky to be able to fit it in my warehouse along with the F-Type and my Victory motorcycle. Have to find a bigger place because the XJL is outside (but at least under covered parking.)

Attached Thumbnails Just Took Delivery 2013 Jaguar XK Coupe-photo.jpg  

Last edited by Scott Bourne; 08-02-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Received 4,182 Likes on 3,645 Posts

nice!!!! great addition to your stable!

The following users liked this post:
Scott Bourne (08-02-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Love the coupe version of the XKs! Also felt that way about the previous XK8. I have the XK and was going to buy a XKR when I got rid of my XK8, but when they came out with the 5.0L, I drove it, and it had plenty of power for me, and I just could not tell a lot of difference in the 4.2L supercharged and the 5.0L normally aspirated. I haven't been disappointed. Since you have the F-Type, you've got all the bases covered anyway. I feel like you do that the XK/XKR coupes are a rolling piece of art.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Bourne
Traded in my XKR convertible for a 2013 XK Coupe. .. I feel very lucky to be able to fit it in my warehouse along with the F-Type and my Victory motorcycle. Have to find a bigger place because the XJL is outside (but at least under covered parking.)
Congrats on the delivery of the XK. So, does this count as the #7 Jaguar in the past 30 months?

I understand your problems with the lack of prime parking space for the toys. We got a wonderful house with incredible views BUT, only a two car garage. Been trying to convince my wife to turn the otherwise useless living room into a garage... hmmm... not sure why she opposes that idea...

Albert

Old 08-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Wowee! Congrats. Looks gorgeous!

I think the difference in the front fascia of the XK and XKR is much less noticeable in the 2012+ models than it was in earlier models (especially 4.2 models).

Old 08-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Congrats on another fine pick. I couldn't agree more on its beauty, and just can't imagine how Jaguar could possibly improve upon it with the next generation. Love the silver with charcoal interior...dark oak veneer?

Bruce

The following 2 users liked this post by Bruce H.:
amcdonal86 (08-02-2013), Scott Bourne (08-02-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts

Scott....I love you!!!

What color is that radiant silver?!?

If the XKRS had come in silver I'd have sprung for that likely!!

Old 08-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Man, you're one lucky dude to own all of these Jaguars.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

Congrats!

Old 08-02-2013, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Congrats! you're seriously hooked up.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

So speaking of your stable, how many horses do you keep in there? About 900?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by axr6
Congrats on the delivery of the XK. So, does this count as the #7 Jaguar in the past 30 months?

I understand your problems with the lack of prime parking space for the toys. We got a wonderful house with incredible views BUT, only a two car garage. Been trying to convince my wife to turn the otherwise useless living room into a garage... hmmm... not sure why she opposes that idea...

Albert
Thanks Albert this is #7 in 31 months I completely understand. My home is in a high end community with a country club and at 3700 square feet only comes with a two car garage! Vegas is famous for small garages and I don't know why.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lothar52
Scott....I love you!!!

What color is that radiant silver?!?

If the XKRS had come in silver I'd have sprung for that likely!!
LOL Rhodium Silver

Old 08-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet. Congratulations.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Traded in my XKR convertible for a 2013 XK Coupe. Now that I have the F-Type, I don't need the XKR but would feel a hole in my heart if I didn't have an XK so I got the coupe. I think it is one of the most beautiful cars on the road today. Drives as smoothly as a luxury sedan but has some heart. It's a great fit in my Jag family and gives me something to take on slightly longish trips when the F-Type might start to feel cramped and the XJL might be overkill. I know there is a new body style coming in 15 and that is actually the reason I decided to pop for an XK now. Whatever they do to it - they will never make it more beautiful than it is today. The silver shines and the car is nicer than I realized. 30 years from now people will talk about the XK the way they do the E-Type today. I feel very lucky to be able to fit it in my warehouse along with the F-Type and my Victory motorcycle. Have to find a bigger place because the XJL is outside (but at least under covered parking.)
i agree man! i'm also considering the silver color....can you share more pix please?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Hey Scott,
Regarding finding space for your collection, we received word, yesterday, that we will most likely be building one of our automated parking structures (Autoparkit.com) for a private collector in the heart of the Beverly Hills business district. It will have room for approximately 75 cars. He plans on renting out some of his spaces to others. We're willing to come to Vegas...
Great choices in your garage. I plan on picking up an XKR coupe sometime soon so I don't have to borrow my friend's S5 when we go to the track and the Pantera is just too hard to drive quickly on the more technical tracks. I also believe the XKR's silhouette is amongst the most beautiful shapes ever made. Of course, the F-type coupe is on the horizon, and if any of the rumors are accurate, 4-wheel drive and much higher horsepower are in the pipeline. I may have to wait.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by tberg
Hey Scott,
Regarding finding space for your collection, we received word, yesterday, that we will most likely be building one of our automated parking structures (Autoparkit.com) for a private collector in the heart of the Beverly Hills business district. It will have room for approximately 75 cars. He plans on renting out some of his spaces to others. We're willing to come to Vegas...
Great choices in your garage. I plan on picking up an XKR coupe sometime soon so I don't have to borrow my friend's S5 when we go to the track and the Pantera is just too hard to drive quickly on the more technical tracks. I also believe the XKR's silhouette is amongst the most beautiful shapes ever made. Of course, the F-type coupe is on the horizon, and if any of the rumors are accurate, 4-wheel drive and much higher horsepower are in the pipeline. I may have to wait.
Thanks I can tell you storage of car collections is a big problem in Vegas. There are tons of collectors here and then there's the rock stars, movie stars, sports stars from LA who keep a couple of cars here for when they fly in.

Since car registration costs are the highest in the nation here, developers have built million dollars homes with small 2-car garages thinking that people won't have lots of cars. That's led to a need for space - if your company comes to Vegas I'd love to know about it and help introduce it to my car club - with more than 450 members (some of whom have 150 cars or more) it would be great to have the option.

As far as cars go - I love having the first of anything and I love that I bought the first F-Type sold in Nevada and the 7th sold in the USA. I can always upgrade if they bring more HP

Best wishes,

Scott

Old 08-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

Since car registration costs are the highest in the nation here...
Are yours one-time or annual? I'm getting hit £490/year for mine, since the UK Road Fund Licence charge is based on the car's CO2 emissions.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ngarara
Are yours one-time or annual? I'm getting hit £490/year for mine, since the UK Road Fund Licence charge is based on the car's CO2 emissions.
Annual - I just paid $1900 for my 2013 XK coupe plates and I'll get to do that again this time next year. The three Jags I currently have licensed here cost me more than $6200 per year to license

Old 08-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

Annual - I just paid $1900 for my 2013 XK coupe plates and I'll get to do that again this time next year. The three Jags I currently have licensed here cost me more than $6200 per year to license
Erk! - I thought ours was bad enough. Thieving b'stards

Oh, well, I guess it's hard to claim we can't afford it...

How's insurance? Just got the first full-year renewal for the 75, and they want nearly 1,600 quid for it.

Quick Reply: Just Took Delivery 2013 Jaguar XK Coupe