XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

At a loss to explain...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default At a loss to explain...

Drove the XKR today to run a couple errands then parked it in the driveway while I worked on Christmas lights. After about an hour had passed, I looked down the drive and noticed that the side marker lights and the parking lamps were illuminated. The car was off, locked, and the headlight stalk was in auto. I did have the sun shield in place. I know that the few times I had glanced out at it earlier, the lights were all off. When I opened the drivers door, the headlights on chime sounded and the headlights-on indicator lamp in the dash cluster was illuminated.

I’ve had it at the dealer complaining of the latter issue, where I would park the car and open the door and it would be chiming the headlights on warning, and the headlights-on indicator being illuminated, even though the headlights were in auto. But they could never duplicate or see any codes. So they suggested moving my toll pass away from the rear view mirror stalk, which I did.

This is the first time where I’ve had the lights come on a good time after turning off and locking the vehicle. Obviously my concern is that if it were to do this after being put away in the garage for an extended period...

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Allan

Old 12-04-2017, 07:00 PM
Received 442 Likes on 185 Posts

Battery. Mine did the same thing.

The following users liked this post:
CatScratchFever (12-04-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 04:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,538 Likes on 889 Posts

Originally Posted by flyc2c
Battery. Mine did the same thing.