XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Love the Adama wind screen

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Love the Adama wind screen

Ordered it online, significantly cheaper than jag brand. Arrived in 5 days. Install took 5 minutes. Matches interior tan color on my XK 2011 perfectly. Could not be happier!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:20 PM
RJC
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Excellent, what if any are the differences to the one from Jag?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking for one of those where did you find it?
Does it make a difference in the amount of wind hitting you?

Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Default Wind Screen Outstanding

Well - 1) It is significantly cheaper (the Jag version was double the cost and required an hour of installation by the dealer). 2) Jag didn't offer the tan color, the black would have looked awful. The only down side is the Jag version allows the back that lays flat blocking access to the back seat to flip up. Honestly, I try not to get into the habit of lifting stuff over the side of the car to put it back there anyway so it wasn't a big deal. I took it in and out this weekend and it took a minute max. It's on springs with round "deals"..a texas term...that fit into the 2 holes that are behind the headrests (1 on each side) and these 2 5" long pencil thick small rods that just slide into the seat belt slots. From a wind standpoint - there is NONE! I have an old classic Mercedes that had the wind screen (much harder to put in and out) and I could at least get to work with the top down and not look like Medusa. The Jag was awful. With this small screen up it was amazing. I could talk on the speaker phone easily with no wind noise. I'm still too new to be allowed to post a picture here of it but it works and looks great!

Old 03-12-2012, 08:04 PM
RJC

Sounds great, is it sturdy?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:51 PM

Adamesh is the brand. It's very sturdy and solid.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:28 PM
RJC

Great thanks

Old 03-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the web site?

Old 03-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 03-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Default Adamesh Wind Screen for XK Convertible

Wooo hoooo - figured out how to put a picture up. LOL
I love this wind screen. In some ways, it is better than the mercedes version I had with my SL600. Here are a couple pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Love the Adama wind screen-img_3658.jpg   Love the Adama wind screen-img_3660.jpg  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,145 Likes on 3,385 Posts

This topic - Adamesh wind screen - has been extensively discussed with lots of pictures. See these old posts:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...flector-56960/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...flector-62273/

Because the X150 is now 6 model years old, many issues have already been addressed. Before posting a new thread, try using the advanced search function to see if your question has already been answered.

p.s. I'm very pleased with mine, and it has held up very well.

Last edited by Stuart S; 03-17-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Beach, I have one and love it also.

PS don't worry about the know-it-alls telling you what you should post

Old 03-19-2012, 08:12 PM

Thanks for saying that. Thought it was a bit harsh.
Wasn't planning on participating much after getting the note.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,145 Likes on 3,385 Posts

Jimi and Beach - what are you talking about? That I'm a know-it-all and that my post was harsh? Where did you read that? I didn't tell anyone what they should post. Both of you failed to understand the point of my post.

I noticed that this thread was started by a newbie (Beach, March 2012) and I was simply trying to help by pointing out that the Advanced Search function is a useful tool. You can learn a lot on this forum and very often don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Lighten up! And enjoy the ride...

Old 03-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Well you did suggest that they were beating a dead horse.

Maybe that wasn't really what you wanted to express?

Anyway the screen looks good and TBN is obviously happy with his so no harm in letting us all know.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Adamesh wind screen. I'm still shocked that the dealer part and install is so expensive.

Looking forward to seeing the quality and effectiveness of this accessory.

Sandy

Old 05-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Thebeachatnight
Well - 1) It is significantly cheaper (the Jag version was double the cost and required an hour of installation by the dealer). 2) Jag didn't offer the tan color, the black would have looked awful. The only down side is the Jag version allows the back that lays flat blocking access to the back seat to flip up. Honestly, I try not to get into the habit of lifting stuff over the side of the car to put it back there anyway so it wasn't a big deal. I took it in and out this weekend and it took a minute max. It's on springs with round "deals"..a texas term...that fit into the 2 holes that are behind the headrests (1 on each side) and these 2 5" long pencil thick small rods that just slide into the seat belt slots. From a wind standpoint - there is NONE! I have an old classic Mercedes that had the wind screen (much harder to put in and out) and I could at least get to work with the top down and not look like Medusa. The Jag was awful. With this small screen up it was amazing. I could talk on the speaker phone easily with no wind noise. I'm still too new to be allowed to post a picture here of it but it works and looks great!
I purchased the "Jag version" because I wanted the brushed aluminum finish on the frame. It was purchased from Nalley Jaguar for $556.75 and installed the backet kit myself. Functionally it is the same as offered in the aftermarket version by Adamesh. The Jag version for MY2007+ does not "allow the back that lays flat blocking access to the back seat to flip up". IMO if you don't want the brushed aluminum finish go with the Adamesh and save yourself a few Benjamins. I can post pics if anyone is really interested.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:13 PM

Just got my Adamesh windscreen yesterday. It's raining today in Seattle (don't say it!!) so I'll probably test it out this weekend. Looks good - hope it performs as well as it looks.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sandydlc
Just got my Adamesh windscreen yesterday. It's raining today in Seattle (don't say it!!) so I'll probably test it out this weekend. Looks good - hope it performs as well as it looks.
You and Rahtok should plan a drive together. He's out your way. Just remember to bring your brollies and wellies...

Old 05-10-2012, 05:29 PM

I keep forgetting to post but I wanted to concur that the Adamesh wind screen is an incredible bargain AND it works flawlessly!!! I paid just a little over $300 (US) with free shipping from the UK and it arrived very quickly - less than a week from when I ordered it.

It works so well in fact that my husband was almost too warm when we put the windows up with the wind screen installed.

The sun was out the first day I used it and it was only 58 degrees but even without a jacket in the car - I was very comfortable and there was NO WIND!!! I have hair that's just past my shoulders and it wasn't disturbed at all, even at freeway speeds.

The XKR is my third convertible and the wind screens I had for both of the other two cars (BMW 3-series, Audi RS4) were both OEM and neither of them worked as well as this one and both were really a pain to install. I was able to get the Adamesh wind screen installed by myself in about 30 seconds and that included getting it out of my trunk.

Sandy

Quick Reply: Love the Adama wind screen