XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lovin' my "new to me" 2010 XK Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 02:38 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Lovin' my "new to me" 2010 XK Convertible

Picked it up Jan. 30. Just over 27,224 miles. Ultimate Black with Ivory interior, figured ebony veneer, 20" Kalimnos wheels and HD/Sat radio. Five months left on original warranty. Lived it's first 3-1/2 years in SoCal.

After driving it a couple weeks, I had a "punch list" of warranty items. Took it to the local dealer and they took care of everything plus a bonus fix:
• Fuel gauge shows ~1/2 of actual level => replaced fuel tank
• Sirius radio – Radio ID does not display => performed reflash and now works
• Windows Global Close option does not stay set to “On”, does not work => performed reflash and now works
• Right rear fog light is out => replaced assembly
• Left rear fog light has one LED bulb out => replaced assembly
• Creaking steering wheel => retightened upper steering fasteners
• Check Fuel Filler Cap message (intermittent) => no fault found, probably loose gas cap - I had checked this but it may taken time to reset (wife thought she may not have put it back on correctly)
• Humming/buzzing noise (Aspirator - found this one on the forum) => replaced aspirator motor, now quieter
• Bonus fix - washer bottle was leaking => replaced washer bottle seal

Planned mod: leaper badge on trunk (thanks richzak)

Attached Thumbnails Lovin' my "new to me" 2010 XK Convertible-003.jpg  
Old 02-23-2014, 04:06 AM
Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Great car!!

YOu will enjoy this car so much. You have to take it for a ride up and down the PCH and also go and sit in it at the overlook to the ocean south of the nuclear powerplant near Oceanside. Take it there at sunset, and the ride home is unforgettable. I-5 near John Basilone Rd. is a great place to "stretch its legs. " I m happy for you that u were able to get the dealer to fix the discrepancies. There are a great many vendors on ebay to buy aftermarket parts for it

Old 02-23-2014, 07:10 AM
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Congrats

Congrats, great car. Like the black with ivory interior. Lexol everything leather regularly! Leaper rear badging a must. Suprised you had so many things wrong with the car when you got it. Keep an eye on the battery, if you start to have glitches coming up would just chuck it and go to AGM. Sam's club has Duracell AGM size 49 installed for $160. Saves a lot of future headaches. Enjoy the ride!

Old 02-23-2014, 08:04 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts
Default Hey brother...

Sounds like you got a good deal. The previous owner must have thought his car was falling apart (lol), which worked to your advantage. You're going to love it. Great color combination for a convertible in Southern California. You also have the fabulous cooling seats. When I had my 175 my first mod was, also, putting the leaper on the trunk. I have the coupe in the same color combination bro.:

Attached Thumbnails Lovin' my "new to me" 2010 XK Convertible-p1020228.jpg  
Old 02-23-2014, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by SoCal Babe
YOu will enjoy this car so much. You have to take it for a ride up and down the PCH and also go and sit in it at the overlook to the ocean south of the nuclear powerplant near Oceanside. Take it there at sunset, and the ride home is unforgettable. I-5 near John Basilone Rd. is a great place to "stretch its legs. " I m happy for you that u were able to get the dealer to fix the discrepancies. There are a great many vendors on ebay to buy aftermarket parts for it
I actually live in Northern Cal (East Bay), so I'll have to start with our NorCal section of the PCH. Sounds like a great road trip!

Old 02-23-2014, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by bobdr1
Congrats, great car. Like the black with ivory interior. Lexol everything leather regularly! Leaper rear badging a must. Suprised you had so many things wrong with the car when you got it. Keep an eye on the battery, if you start to have glitches coming up would just chuck it and go to AGM. Sam's club has Duracell AGM size 49 installed for $160. Saves a lot of future headaches. Enjoy the ride!
Thanks. The battery was replaced not long before I got the car, so hopefully I won't need to replace for a while. I've read all the CTEK threads, so I'll probably be getting one of those soon.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by DGL
Sounds like you got a good deal. The previous owner must have thought his car was falling apart (lol), which worked to your advantage. You're going to love it. Great color combination for a convertible in Southern California. You also have the fabulous cooling seats. When I had my 175 my first mod was, also, putting the leaper on the trunk. I have the coupe in the same color combination bro.:
I love that color combination (nice XKR BTW). The fact that this was a local car (the dealer had bought at auction and transported it to NorCal) was a bonus so I could see it in person and drive it home.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Smart move making the punch list and having all repairs done under existing warranty. Sounds like a great dealership.

Now, your Jaguar is like new. Glad to help with the Jaguar leaper badge, which I am sure really enhances the brand and look from the rear end.

Enjoy the ride, and stay active on the forums.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Very nice car. Congrats. Love the contrasting interior!

I just purchased my 5th Jag-in-a-row and waiting for delivery, hopefully next week. It is a 2010 Black XKR with 6K miles. Will keep an eye out for you and your car in the East Bay as I spend a fair amount of time working part-time in San Ramon, usually driving one of my Jags.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
Smart move making the punch list and having all repairs done under existing warranty. Sounds like a great dealership.

Now, your Jaguar is like new. Glad to help with the Jaguar leaper badge, which I am sure really enhances the brand and look from the rear end.

Enjoy the ride, and stay active on the forums.

What was your recommendation for purchasing the leaper? I looked up a dealer's listing and they wanted over $200 for one. I did purchase an e-bay leaper for my previous XK but, I had to hassle with it to make it fit the curve on the trunk surface.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by axr6
What was your recommendation for purchasing the leaper? I looked up a dealer's listing and they wanted over $200 for one. I did purchase an e-bay leaper for my previous XK but, I had to hassle with it to make it fit the curve on the trunk surface.
I got mine from richzak. I think he knows a guy who knows a guy.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Wow, that is quite a laundry list of things that had to be fixed! I don't believe my Sirius ID shows either--I did not realize this was a reflash issue!

Old 02-23-2014, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by hendercc
Picked it up Jan. 30. Just over 27,224 miles. Ultimate Black with Ivory interior, figured ebony veneer, 20" Kalimnos wheels and HD/Sat radio. Five months left on original warranty. Lived it's first 3-1/2 years in SoCal.

• Sirius radio – Radio ID does not display => performed reflash and now works
Congratulations - actually my SIRIUS is the same as this.You said they "reflashed" the unit?

I will check this option out...

How do you like the POWER?! Intoxicating...

Enjoy!

Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by rscultho
Congratulations - actually my SIRIUS is the same as this.You said they "reflashed" the unit?

I will check this option out...

How do you like the POWER?! Intoxicating...

Enjoy!
The Power is awesome! Such a fun car to drive. "Technically" it's my wife's car since my daily driver is an F-150 Raptor... so now I just have to convince her how much fun she has driving the truck! LOL

In terms of the 'fix issues', the most significant was the fuel gauge. The others didn't affect day to day performance. I do plan to sign up for Sirius, so that needed to be fixed. On another thread, one forum member said his dealer had to replace the satellite radio module. My dealer just had to reflash and now the ID displays. The other issues were minor but taken care of by the dealer under warranty... so good as new!

Old 02-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 323 Posts

Enjoy the ride

Old 02-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

Welcome to the group. The PCH and Mulholland north of LA proper are made for the xk and xkr. Enjoy!!

Old 02-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts

Enjoy the ride. It's a great car and you are going to love it!!!!