XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mass Air flow sensor problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mass Air flow sensor problems

Hi All, I have a 2007 XKR Coupe with 84,000 miles on it. For the last year or so, I've had intermittent problems with the mass air flow sensors triggering the check engine light. I can drive in town back and forth to work for weeks with no problem. But when I take it out on the highway and run 75 mph for 50-60 miles, the check engine light will come on. Again, I've had this checked and it is the air flow sensors. Several times I have had them cleaned, etc. and the code cleared and all was good... for a while. This last time, they really checked into it and have determined that the sensors themselves are OK, the problem is that they are registering a significant discrepancy between them and that is why the light comes on (if I understand this correctly). Anyway, one idea was to install a cold air induction which might "even out" the input between the two and keep the light off. Sadly, they couldn't find anything like this for the Jaguar XKR.

Any insights from the mechanics on this list? Thanks in advance!

Old 12-07-2015, 02:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Please post the code(s) you get.

Next time it happens, take a look at the freeze frame data for clues.

If it really is MAF code(s) it can be wiring (or water etc in connectors).

Old 12-07-2015, 02:38 AM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

I am having a similar problem - intermittent faults showing up in the Intake Air Temperature sensor (which is part of the MAF). Replacing the unit did not solve the problem for long, so I probably have dirty connectors or a pinched cable.

See my thread here. https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ed-mil-153326/