XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

New 2014 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2014 XKR

We bought a 2014 XKR over the weekend. So far, so good. Looks great, runs strong. Not exactly an economy car fuel-wise, but I did not expect good mileage from a 510 HO supercharged engine anyway. I hope the info I found here was correct regarding fuse #19. Could not even read the fuse labels in the fuse box by driver's left knee. Then found a thread here that said the Owner's manual is wrong and the exhaust fuse is in the rear seat middle compartment. Pulling the cushion was a pain as it was not intuitive and the manual says nothing. Also, is there an available picture of the three fuse boxes with labels? No picture in the manual, or the apparent mislabeling between the two interior fuse blocks would have been easy to spot. So, what else should we be aware of? Gotchas? Things not in the manual? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyVet24
We bought a 2014 XKR over the weekend. So far, so good. Looks great, runs strong. Not exactly an economy car fuel-wise, but I did not expect good mileage from a 510 HO supercharged engine anyway. I hope the info I found here was correct regarding fuse #19. Could not even read the fuse labels in the fuse box by driver's left knee. Then found a thread here that said the Owner's manual is wrong and the exhaust fuse is in the rear seat middle compartment. Pulling the cushion was a pain as it was not intuitive and the manual says nothing. Also, is there an available picture of the three fuse boxes with labels? No picture in the manual, or the apparent mislabeling between the two interior fuse blocks would have been easy to spot. So, what else should we be aware of? Gotchas? Things not in the manual? Thanks in advance.
Congratulations and enjoy the new ride. Do you know if you have the standard exhaust or the performance exhaust. Also when you hit the DSC (checkered flag) this will open the exhaust all the time and will stiffen up the suspension. Have fun playing with the features and welcome to the site. Please post pictures when you can.

Oh , Thank You for your service.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:17 PM

It is hard to be sure, but if my research is right, all XKRs have the Performance Active Exhaust. Owner's Manuals and Jaguar web site do not provide much information though. Wife thinks it is way too quiet, as do I. I have not tried the Dynamic Mode switch without Sport Mode to see if exhaust is louder. It appears a bit louder in Sport/Dynamic, but not much of a noticeable difference. Maybe we are spoiled from several race-prepared Corvettes we had in the past. We became very used to "muscularly loud" but are now both retired from racing, but still "need" the sound, even on a beautiful cruiser. Quick history - off road wreck broke neck and back, time caught up with me as spinal problems forced me off HPDE and NASA track events. Wife and I did autocross (love the challenge and rapidity of elements) until multiple vertebrae fusions forced me out altogether. We are both retired, so decided to go the XKR route after a couple of Porsches.

USN for 24 years was my pleasure and honor, but you are welcome. Will post pics when I get a chance.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

[QUOTE=NavyVet24;1030825]It is hard to be sure, but if my research is right, all XKRs have the Performance Active Exhaust. Owner's Manuals and Jaguar web site do not provide much information though. Wife thinks it is way too quiet, as do I. I have not tried the Dynamic Mode switch without Sport Mode to see if exhaust is louder. It appears a bit louder in Sport/Dynamic, but not much of a noticeable difference. Maybe we are spoiled from several race-prepared Corvettes we had in the past. We became very used to "muscularly loud" but are now both retired from racing, but still "need" the sound, even on a beautiful cruiser. Quick history - off road wreck broke neck and back, time caught up with me as spinal problems forced me off HPDE and NASA track events. Wife and I did autocross (love the challenge and rapidity of elements) until multiple vertebrae fusions forced me out altogether. We are both retired, so decided to go the XKR route after a couple of Porsches.

NV24 if you have your window sticker it will tell you if you have the Performance Active exhaust. I believe it was still an option in the 2014 XKR. That system has an X pipe instead of a center silencer. If you look under the car and see the picture below then you have it.

Attached Thumbnails New 2014 XKR-dsc00092.jpg  
Old 08-06-2014, 01:32 PM

Jagtoes - thanks for the notes and picture. I found several references (Jag site and others) where it indicated that the XKR & XKR-S both had it standard, at least on the new ones. It does (did) have a 10-amp miniature in the #19 slot in the fuse block between the back seats. Will try to look underneath as soon as I can get it up in the air. More later.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

Welcome to the Forum! You will be able to pickup lots of useful (and not so useful, but fun) information here. And , you may make a few new friends, I know I have. Thanks for your service and enjoy the ride!!

Old 08-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

All XKRs have the active exhaust, which is powered from Fuse 19 in the box between the rear seats. The Performance Active Exhaust was an extra-cost option on 5.0 XKRs from (I think) MY2011 - as jagtoes says, you can identify it by the crossover centre section and no centre mufflers. It was standard on the XKR 75 (not the 175), the XKR-S and (I think) the 2014 Dynamic R. It may be standard on other run-out models.

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (08-11-2014)