Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

new born car seat help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default new born car seat help!!!

Hi all,

NEED URGENT HELP TO SAVE A FELLOW XK OWNER!!

I'm in need of a new born Iso fix car seat system to use in my 2010 XKR....must allow Iso fix fitment in the back preferebly with a seperate base and clip in seat for a new born.....oh and still able to use the front seat reasonably well.........

so anyone any experience or are the Jags days numbered!!!!

Thanks all

Old 01-25-2015, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Jaguar has part numbers listed but the pricing is a bit insane and I was never able to get confirmation from Jaguar if they would work as well as stated. The ISOFIX base is C2C32923 and the infant carrier is C2C36774. However, while this may not help now, I did manage after several years to locate a car seat specifically designed for compact cars and coupes that does fit in the rear and still allow some use of the front seat. But as far as an infant carrier I am afraid you are probably limited to placing it in the front passenger seat.

http://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgus...at-cc086bmm--1

Last edited by jahummer; 01-25-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:42 PM

Hey,

Thanks for the info........its not looking good!!!

Old 01-26-2015, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by damienedwards
Hey,

Thanks for the info........its not looking good!!!
Don't get too discouraged, they grow fast...

Old 01-26-2015, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

I think you just found out the hard way that you have to sell the XKR. Just kidding!

I am dreading the day that I have little ones of my own...!

The following users liked this post:
damienedwards (01-27-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 02:24 PM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 717 Posts

Been there, done that.
In Canada, the infant seat anchors are installed by default. The trick was sourcing a small enough child seat, rear facing. The 'all in one" solutions with a booster seat and an infant cradle are too big! Go for the cheap infant cradle seat only. fits like a charm.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,159 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Originally Posted by guy
Been there, done that.
In Canada, the infant seat anchors are installed by default. The trick was sourcing a small enough child seat, rear facing. The 'all in one" solutions with a booster seat and an infant cradle are too big! Go for the cheap infant cradle seat only. fits like a charm.
Agreed, the "Transformer" seats just won't work, no matter what you try. As far as the "cheap" cradle seat only, don't actually go "cheap". There are many good small seats that aren't cheap, and you usually get what you pay for. I know what Guy meant though.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:26 PM

So you guys mean forget the ISOFIX base/infant carrier that you plug into a buggy frame??

I guess you mean just go with a belted only carrier?? How do they fit in the rear bucket seats though?? Are they loose??

Old 01-30-2015, 12:00 AM
guy
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Agreed, the "Transformer" seats just won't work, no matter what you try. As far as the "cheap" cradle seat only, don't actually go "cheap". There are many good small seats that aren't cheap, and you usually get what you pay for. I know what Guy meant though.
good point. the seat I used was also certified by british airways for use on the plane.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:04 AM
guy
Veteran Member

So you guys mean forget the ISOFIX base/infant carrier that you plug into a buggy frame??

I guess you mean just go with a belted only carrier?? How do they fit in the rear bucket seats though?? Are they loose??
Fit is snug. the 3 point harness and the anchor tether keep it tight... as does the passenger seat in front of it,and the shape of the bucket seat. The folks at 'toys r us' assisted me with the choice and the installation.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:32 AM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by guy
Fit is snug. the 3 point harness and the anchor tether keep it tight... as does the passenger seat in front of it,and the shape of the bucket seat. The folks at 'toys r us' assisted me with the choice and the installation.
perhaps you have a modelnr?

Old 01-30-2015, 10:33 AM

Great stuff......there is hope!!

So have you got make and model of the ones that fit..........will save me a world of pain in Mothercare!!!

Thanks

Old 01-31-2015, 10:40 AM
guy
Veteran Member

Great stuff......there is hope!! So have you got make and model of the ones that fit..........will save me a world of pain in Mothercare!!! Thanks
I've looked online for you but I can't seem to ding it. It was not unlike the smallest of the Greco versions... Without the base. It had a moulded open 'ring' where the 3 point harness lap belt fit. It was white in colour and truly the cheapest. It also had the European airline certification. Don't get me going here... The freaking North American Airlines think it's 'safe' to hold the infant in your arms... Clearly they never studied Newton's laws of motion. Idiots.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:07 PM

Well i think we tried every car seat today and not one fitted......

The closest was a cybex aton q.......actually fitted better with the Iso fix base as it sat close to the front seat head rest.......absolutely no way of getting a passenger in as the seat had to go full forward and squab full tilt.........noooooooooooo

Old 02-03-2015, 07:34 AM
guy
Veteran Member

Well i think we tried every car seat today and not one fitted......

The closest was a cybex aton q.......actually fitted better with the Iso fix base as it sat close to the front seat head rest.......absolutely no way of getting a passenger in as the seat had to go full forward and squab full tilt.........noooooooooooo
Yes, I've just seen a picture of that seat... not unlike that but narrower and smaller. but no base.

This didn't fit:
Seggiolino auto Intense Concord Sahara: Amazon.co.uk: Baby Seggiolino auto Intense Concord Sahara: Amazon.co.uk: Baby

Old 02-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

Did you talk to the parts people at your Jaguar dealer or Jaguar North America in New Jersey? They maybe able to steer you in the right direction.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a set in my Xkr for my two year

Used sine she was born - still need information and prod name ? K

Old 02-06-2015, 10:37 AM

There is a Jag seat but its just a car seat......after a rear facing one that i can connect into a buggy frame.......its got that bad that i'm looking at an XFR tomorrow........tasty Le mans version though!!

Old 02-07-2015, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it all depends how much space you need in the front passager seat

Please take a Picture of the Space you need when you have a passenger - you need to mve the seat a lot forward.

I can then check and show you how much Space you will hvae in the back for the Little ones feets

Please remember certain seat can change the angle and it helps a lot (Cybex)

Also remember height of seat can also be an issue (not the child's height)

I have two different seat to use in my XKR - no issue but my girlfriend is not the biggest girl

K

Old 02-08-2015, 03:37 PM

Thanks Kren.......do you use a cybex with the isofix base?? Was looking at the Aton Q......

Have to have the seat abount 1" from full forward and the back of the seat jist back from vertical......my Wife is only about 65kg but yall at 5'10".......

Actually loosing hope and went shopping for an XFR today.........

Quick Reply: new born car seat help!!!