XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

A new stance for my Jag XK60 edition.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 11:40 AM
Received 270 Likes on 93 Posts

Quick update I got the fender in today. Its in great shape except the dam box packaging tape is stuck all over it! DOH! This means an hour or so of removing that crap. And my poor bumper thats on my car now has been through hell, the not so fun perks of a lowered car.

And now for some really good news. Talked Michael from Clinched yesterday and I still have my sponsorship deal with them, they are sending me one of each of these 3 flares, the new MUSCLE flare which I am 99.9% sure that's the one I will use as it fits our curved fenders I have to wait until 8 weeks before I can get them. The MUSCLE flares they have now are just preproduction units.

Going to be super busy next week, the new sound system comes Monday. The Wheels come on Tuesday and the AirBagIt suspension finally arrives on Wednesday.

Old 02-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 651 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridicrick
Depending on the quality of the 3d model, size nozzle, and layer height I can print a part and really make something smooth and dam near stock quality, but it would be a really long print. I suppose using ABS plastic would be best to sort of match it up with stock, the PLA like I am using is really strong too but not as good as ABS. The new flex filament is really impressive, I will be printing a set of tires for my model with that soon. With my model I have just been printing at the lowest quality with the largest nozzle to get the prints done quick. My 3d printers are here at work and many people want to use them for projects so I dont want to be a print hog. lol
The problem the last time it came up, was that the tabs holding it in would break when going in place, instead of flex and snap.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome build, subscribed!

Old 02-05-2018, 02:25 PM

Wheels just arrived. Had to meet the semi at home depot because he couldn't make it into my neighborhood since its a blizzard here today and too slippery. Then I had to shove all 4 wheels into a chevy cruze and bring them home. Then back to work.. fun fun.. lol

The following users liked this post:
TM08XKR (04-25-2022)
Old 02-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Is the logo etched on the lip of your wheels? I was on another car forum and someone had wheels that were etched similarly. Is this a new trend within the aftermarket arena? Are the forged?

Old 02-05-2018, 02:55 PM

They are one piece rims and yeah the logo is engraved into the rim. This seems to be popular on a few different companies lately. Dropstars is the same company as DUB that was known for big rims. Dropstars are actually meant to be a truck rim with the large lip sizes but are very similar in design to the 3 piece big lip rims for the drifting style cars.

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Is the logo etched on the lip of your wheels? I was on another car forum and someone had wheels that were etched similarly. Is this a new trend within the aftermarket arena? Are the forged?

Old 02-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Looks like the suspension work is underway too. Are you going to bump up to XKR sized front brakes? Little guys are going to look funny with those huge rims and flares.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:03 PM

I havent found a nice big break kit for less than $600 (other vehicles have them available, just not ours apparently) so for now I am just putting on new black slotted rotors and new pads. I just dont want to spend a whole lot on a big break kit as its not as important to me, last time I did that I felt it was a waste of money.

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
Looks like the suspension work is underway too. Are you going to bump up to XKR sized front brakes? Little guys are going to look funny with those huge rims and flares.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:46 AM

Payment sent out of the new Clinched Muscle flares. Got a good sponsorship discount. 5.9" flares on the rear and 4.7" flares on the front. About 8-10 weeks until I receive them so I guess I got two months to finish everything else. Its a little hard to see in the picture but these flares are made for fenders with large curves, just like our Jags have. So they will work with the angles.

jwooky (03-16-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Are you filling in the bolts?

Old 02-06-2018, 02:27 PM

Nope. I want the bolts there as I like the look if done right. The female threaded parts go into the fender to make my fenders removable when needed. Im getting black ones from downstarinc.com. I am also considering going with a chassis mounted wing, but that would maybe be down the road a bit. But for now I am going with minigallery larger duckbill spoiler similar to the ones we have now, just a little bit bigger.

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Are you filling in the bolts?

Old 02-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Are you considering side exhausts.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:44 PM

Nah, I want to keep the exhaust looking the way it is. I am having a friend beef it up a bit as far as sound and I might build my own diffuser for the rear.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:35 AM

Good news and bad news... The air ride kit came in today and wow its impressive! Very good quality kit. The bad news is I for some reason sent them the wrong measurements on the rear bottom piece the bushing goes in to. Soo... long story short I got a metal fabricator friend who has actually done work on these strut bushing pieces before. He will remove the bushing, trim it down and install the proper size bushing. Once this is complete I should be able to start installing the air ride setup. Thats of course if it would just get out of the single digit temps here!

yeah... oops.. not sure what I was thinking on that measurement.. lol

Old 02-08-2018, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts
Sean W (02-08-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 10:02 AM

Its nice to have skilled friends. The struts are fixed and almost ready for install. Just waiting on the top strut mounts to come in.

TM08XKR (04-25-2022)
Old 02-09-2018, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 623 Likes on 412 Posts

You have a silver car, so I think optic blue headlight covers would look great. Had them on my silver 996 and really changed the look to a GT racecar. I just ordered a set for my Emerald Fire XK. The blue pearl in my paint should help the covers blend in better. Best part is the covers dont emit blue light, just clear white light. But in the daytime the covers have a tinted to almost clear appearance, yet you can still see the blue. Chameleon headlights might look good too, and you seem to have enough exoticness to pull it off

Last edited by Brewtech; 02-09-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:12 AM

Yeah the blue would for sure be great with the silver, I almost went with an aqua blue instead of the yellow. I am going to decide the color based on whatever wrap color scheme and design I go with. After the wrap I am also getting the Ceramic PPF wrap on the entire car to protect the entire car even more. I will do the headlights with the Ceramic material too, that stuff to me is the #1 thing EVERYONE should do to their car, but its pricey.

Originally Posted by Brewtech
You have a silver car, so I think optic blue headlight covers would look great. Had them on my silver 996 and really changed the look to a GT racecar. I just ordered a set for my Emerald Fire XK. The blue pearl in my paint should help the covers blend in better. Best part is the covers dont emit blue light, just clear white light. But in the daytime the covers have a tinted to almost clear appearance, yet tou can still see the blue. Chameleon headlights might look good too, and you seem to have enough exoticness to pull it off

Old 02-09-2018, 01:13 PM

I have finished drawing up my design and its ready for the print shops (my new printer is too small to print this). I went with what fits me best, and 8bit video game related design. I "was" a pro gamer and am still big into gaming whether its arcade, pc, console or whatever. So I figured why not combine both hobbies, cars and games. This obnoxious design will be fun, turn heads and great for car shows. Cant wait.

TM08XKR (04-25-2022)
Old 02-09-2018, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Totally agree with going with what you want.
I'm just thinking that if I saw it rolling down the street, I be wondering "What is he advertising?", as the only wildly wrapped cars I've seen are always promoting something.

Quick Reply: A new stance for my Jag XK60 edition.