Default Price check: 2007 XKR coupe

Hey guys, looking for a price check.

2007 XKR Coupe
24,700 miles
2 owner
Premium Sound Package
Luxury Package
19's

Great condition with new tires and no issues to speak of. Clean history with all records on file.

Looking for a price check on:
1) today's value (trade-in and private)
2) estimate in 1 year from now (private)
3) estimate in 2years from now (private)

I know the estimate in a year or two might be harder to guage, but just looking to see what you guys think the car might depreciate to over time

Thanks for your feedback!

Old 03-16-2015, 09:15 PM
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Originally Posted by supercat'dXKR
...Looking for a price check on:

I know the estimate in a year or two might be harder to guage, but just looking to see what you guys think the car might depreciate to over time...
Let me google that for you

Old 03-16-2015, 09:48 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NBCat
Lol, nice.

I've checked KBB/Nada/Edmunds/Cargurus. But I'm really looking to see what people have actually bought/sold for. I figured the "R" would fetch more money than book value. Similar to BMW M3 and M5's - the low mileage clean examples fetch thousands over book value. Does the XKR not follow that trend?

Old 03-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Looks like you've done your research. In regards to depreciation, jaguars are infamous for that. So no Idea of value in 1-2 years but don't expect to it retain its value. Saw a 07 XKR near me with 14K on it by a private owner that's been for sale for 105 days and he's dropped the price from 39K to 37K.

I know I bought mine for a daily driver and will probably keep it a long time, had my 97 for 8 yrs prior to this one.

Few things to be aware of with an 07;

Duck bill design on AC drain can get clogged and cause blower motor or module to burn out. Costly fix as dash has to be removed to do properly. So may want to ask if that was done.

Have a power antenna that dates the cars looks and removed on 08 an up models.

I'm sure there are more other members could add but use the forum search and research the issues others have had.

If you're getting it to drive and enjoy good luck but if your thinking investment, you may want to look for something else.

Great car and not sure why they depreciate so but if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have one myself .

Old 03-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by supercat'dXKR
Hey guys, looking for a price check.

2007 XKR Coupe
24,700 miles
2 owner
Premium Sound Package
Luxury Package
19's

Great condition with new tires and no issues to speak of. Clean history with all records on file.

Looking for a price check on:

I know the estimate in a year or two might be harder to guage, but just looking to see what you guys think the car might depreciate to over time

Thanks for your feedback!
I will take an educated guess...

1) Today.......$25,000 to $27,000 If from a "private sale" slightly more from a dealer.
2) 1 Yr..........subtract 10%
3) 2 Yr..........subtract 20%

Most of the "major" depreciation is out of the Jaguar XKR already.

The massive amount of depreciation on the XKR's come out of the MSRP in the 1st 3 years of ownership.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by DpezXK8
Looks like you've done your research. In regards to depreciation, jaguars are infamous for that. So no Idea of value in 1-2 years but don't expect to it retain its value. Saw a 07 XKR near me with 14K on it by a private owner that's been for sale for 105 days and he's dropped the price from 39K to 37K.

I know I bought mine for a daily driver and will probably keep it a long time, had my 97 for 8 yrs prior to this one.

Few things to be aware of with an 07;

Duck bill design on AC drain can get clogged and cause blower motor or module to burn out. Costly fix as dash has to be removed to do properly. So may want to ask if that was done.

Have a power antenna that dates the cars looks and removed on 08 an up models.

I'm sure there are more other members could add but use the forum search and research the issues others have had.

If you're getting it to drive and enjoy good luck but if your thinking investment, you may want to look for something else.

Great car and not sure why they depreciate so but if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have one myself .
Thanks for the feedback,

I've read through the forums, made myself aware of common issues.

Any advice on current prices?

I just don't want to lose $10k next year if I do chose to sell and move on.

I forgot to mention it is still under a 3rd party extended warranty until 50k miles.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by richzak
I will take an educated guess...

1) Today.......$25,000 to $27,000 If from a "private sale" slightly more from a dealer.
2) 1 Yr..........subtract 10%
3) 2 Yr..........subtract 20%

Most of the "major" depreciation is out of the Jaguar XKR already.

The massive amount of depreciation on the XKR's come out of the MSRP in the 1st 3 years of ownership.

Thanks for the insight.

I was thinking roughly along those lines. $27k on the top end, especially given its condition and being under warranty til 50k miles.

If the XKR was made prior to 2007, it would be easier to gauge the yearly depreciation. Comparing it to the 2006 and 2005 XK8 won't yield correct value, IMO.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:58 PM

Any other thoughts?

I forgot to mention in the original post that there is a 3rd party warranty til 50k miles

Old 03-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

All I can add is another data point.
In November, just before I bought my 07 XK, I considered an 07 XKR with the following:
34,000 miles
1 owner
20" Sentas
Luxury package
No warrantee
Convertible
Radiance/caramel
$33,000 firm

The dealer would not budge on the price.
The price was the sticking point, as the car was not perfect. There was some interior damage (the side panel behind the passenger seat was all scraped up, and the clips on the piece over the rear seat hump were broken, kind of like they trying to haul pianos back there. And there were grease stains on the rear roof liner and dash, so the car was just not clean). Also, the top was not working (but that was before I knew about the manual reset procedure, and the dealer had let the battery go dead).

Pricing is subjective, what is it worth to the buyer. The model, color, and style, raised the value to me, but the interior appearance lowered it. I would have bought it at $30,000, but instead, I walked away.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by kj07xk
All I can add is another data point.
In November, just before I bought my 07 XK, I considered an 07 XKR with the following:
34,000 miles
1 owner
20" Sentas
Luxury package
No warrantee
Convertible
Radiance/caramel
$33,000 firm

The dealer would not budge on the price.
The price was the sticking point, as the car was not perfect. There was some interior damage (the side panel behind the passenger seat was all scraped up, and the clips on the piece over the rear seat hump were broken, kind of like they trying to haul pianos back there. And there were grease stains on the rear roof liner and dash, so the car was just not clean). Also, the top was not working (but that was before I knew about the manual reset procedure, and the dealer had let the battery go dead).

Pricing is subjective, what is it worth to the buyer. The model, color, and style, raised the value to me, but the interior appearance lowered it. I would have bought it at $30,000, but instead, I walked away.
Yikes! doesn't sound like a very clean example by any means for the dealer to be sticking to their price. Kinda suprised that a 1 owner car would be mistreated so much.

I hope you are enjoying your XK now!

Old 03-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Maybe the dealer (not a Jag dealer) wouldn't budge on the price, because I probably had a big grin on my face, after having borrowed the car for half a day, and having had a blast driving it on the highway.

For my XK, I'm trying to be patient, to wait for some rain to wash the salt off the roads, but I'm not sure how much longer I can contain myself!

Old 03-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

I think you guys are low on the price. I think we're talking closer to 30 or 33k here. Seems to me that the depreciation has decreased drastically on the earlier X150s. They are very rare cars, and the few XKRs that do crack the $30k mark are high mileage.

I believe my XKR convertible would be offered for about $28k today, and I bought it 2.5 years ago for $35k from a dealer. So at the most, prices may go down about $200 a month!

Last edited by amcdonal86; 03-18-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
I think you guys are low on the price. I think we're talking closer to 30 or 33k here. Seems to me that the depreciation has decreased drastically on the earlier X150s. They are very rare cars, and the few XKRs that do crack the $30k mark are high mileage.

I believe my XKR convertible would be offered for about $28k today, and I bought it 2.5 years ago for $35k from a dealer. So at the most, prices may go down about $200 a month!
seems like most 07-08 XKR coupes with under 50k miles are for sale in the $30-35k range, with lower mileage examples asking a few grand more on top of that.... but they are all sitting, and sitting, and sitting....not selling. I wonder why? Perhaps no one dares to own one of these sophisticated machines without warranty.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:18 AM
Veteran Member

I have noticed that almost all XKs sit and sit and sit. Yet the prices are still so high. Something tells me that if it's not selling, then the price must be too high!

Old 03-20-2015, 06:32 PM

I have noticed that almost all XKs sit and sit and sit. Yet the prices are still so high. Something tells me that if it's not selling, then the price must be too high!
Most 2001-2006 BMW M3's (especially coupes with a manual trans and low miles) go for way over KBB value. Perhaps XKR owners have the same mentality. But they don't see the same results.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:48 AM

Bought the car last night!

Old 03-23-2015, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

Welcome to the club. Enjoy the ride.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member

HOw much did you end up paying? Congrats!

Old 04-15-2015, 12:07 AM

HOw much did you end up paying? Congrats!
$24,900 initially, but threw in a set of Senta's for an extra grand

Last edited by supercat'dXKR; 04-15-2015 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I had the exact opposite experience. Most of the XK(R)s I was interested in were sold seemingly instantly.

Of course, I was looking at the better priced ones.

I've sold a handful of cars privately and they've all gone reasonably quick. Why? I don't inhale deeply and expect the moon for a selling price.

If its sits, its simple...the price is too high.

Also, when I saw production numbers somewhere on this forum, the # of XKRs produced is very similar to the number of XKs.

An XKR will command a higher price because it offers more, but as to 'limited availability', I would wager that's worth exactly ZERO more on an XKR over an XK.

Quick Reply: Price check: 2007 XKR coupe