XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Retractable woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retractable woes

I have a /008 XKR and while cleaning it I decided to put the top half way up so I could clean behind the cover. As I was in the process of cleaning a neighbor came over with a problem. After taking care of the problem I returned to the car to put the top down and all of a sudden the roof and cover relaxed to where the cover is laying against the convertible top and the top itself fell back forward stopping about 5" from the windshield. I started the car and pressed the toggle to open the roof but nothing happens. Even when I go to close it nothing happens. The indicator on the dash first said the keyless controls weren't present and for me to set the remote into the carrier. The other warning indicator said that the hood wasn't latched. Any thoughts on how to activate the retractable roof?

Old 07-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmerr
I have a /008 XKR and while cleaning it I decided to put the top half way up so I could clean behind the cover. As I was in the process of cleaning a neighbor came over with a problem. After taking care of the problem I returned to the car to put the top down and all of a sudden the roof and cover relaxed to where the cover is laying against the convertible top and the top itself fell back forward stopping about 5" from the windshield. I started the car and pressed the toggle to open the roof but nothing happens. Even when I go to close it nothing happens. The indicator on the dash first said the keyless controls weren't present and for me to set the remote into the carrier. The other warning indicator said that the hood wasn't latched. Any thoughts on how to activate the retractable roof?
If you have the owner's manual, there is a procedure for resetting the top. You are going to need to follow it. If you do not have the manual let us know and one of us will post it.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 07-12-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I didn't see in the index where in the manual it referred to the retractable roof. Found the directions and it worked like a champ! All is back in working order except for the drivers side window when closing the top. All other windows return to close position. Had to replace the battery because it was the original and it was about dead. Wonderful experience! Thank you again.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmerr
Thanks for the advice. I didn't see in the index where in the manual it referred to the retractable roof. Found the directions and it worked like a champ! All is back in working order except for the drivers side window when closing the top. All other windows return to close position. Had to replace the battery because it was the original and it was about dead. Wonderful experience! Thank you again.
Run through the window reset procedure, also in the manual, and then your misbehaving window will probably sync up with the top again.