XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SDD

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 11:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SDD

I'm fairly new to Jaguar. I'm wanting to add AUX and someone mentions that I need to turn it on with SDD. When I googled it, I came up with system driven diagnostics. A company on Ebay is selling software and cable for this. My questions are. Is this what I need to program the radio to receive aux? It also said that i can program keys to the car. Anyone doe this their self? Anybody used one of these tools? I'm curious what else i can change. I had a BMW in the past and could change a lot through an adapter i got. They called it "coding" Think this is a little more intercate.

Old 12-24-2018, 03:19 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Welcome to the forum Overkill,

There are lengthy discussions on Jaguar SDD (Symptom Driven Diagnostics) in General Tech Help forum. We keep discussion there and NOT in the individual Model forums to avoid repetition.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...d-truth-32683/

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 12-24-2018, 09:11 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I read the whole thread and didnt find any answers to my questions.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Many people buy a Mongoose cable, or failing that get the Chinese knock-off Mangoose cable. Some say both work great, some say the Chinese MAngoose will fry their baby.

Me, I bought the Jaguar approved DA Dongle instead of the Mongoose cable and it works flawlessly for less than half the cost of a Mongoose.

For the software, I've found it is best to use an 'older' version of SDD, especially one that can be Tweaked a bit to fit different requirements. Lots of times the Stock Software blocks out some really useful switches and such.

I got my SDD software for 'free-ish', though it is just a bit more risky doing it that way.

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by Overkill
I read the whole thread and didnt find any answers to my questions.
Overkill, as Cambo indicated in your query about the Aux, SDD is the dealer software required to turn this on. It appears from Cambo's comment to "turn it on" in SDD, that's it's a feature in the Car Configuration File where you will select the option (it's either on or off) and it will appear in the screen. It may not be that simple though as he indicated that Aux wasn't an option in the X150, which would mean some additional work would be needed to program. The bottom line is you need to get the software to do what you want so start there and others can help you with the details once you have it wired. Now this has nothing to do with the hard wiring as that is also outlined in your thread by Cambo, but you know that already.

Yes you can program keys and all modules. Some features are limited to Dealerships. Some folks on this forum have fully unlocked versions, most don't. Everything comes with a price.

Many of us use the SDD software instead of going to the dealer but it's not software for the timid. You can brick your car if you don't know what you're doing.
There is no other software to be had if you want to program anything. This is your only option. Reach out to Cee Jay or Texas Traveler on the X150 forum. They just bought versions of the hardware and software and can guid you on specifics there.

Give these limited videos a view to see the software in action:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t&p=jlr+sdd+131+how+to+use#id=14&vid=200458bf853b0 8b5284552ffacb71f70&action=view

I'll add that I've flashed me TCM on my last Jag and have retrofitted a camera and premium sound and also did an iPod retrofit. I leaned heavily on Cambo for the backup camera and iPod. JaHummer was also tremendous help. Cambo's write up on the premium audio is excellent and enough to DIY. I haven't attempted an Aux add on. I'll let you do that first:-)

Last edited by Sean W; 12-24-2018 at 11:07 AM.