XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Special Thanks......

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Special Thanks......

Just want to give a special thanks to Mike at Eurotoys for installing the XKR-S Replica Bodykit (rear diffusor, side skirts, front splitter), blackout window trims, front grills, side blades, rear blade, air intake, veizu tuning, Nameless Performance Cats, painted copper brake calipers,yellow hid foglights and installing the new wheels. Everything looks great. Thanks Mike!

Also thanks to Jason at Nameless Performance for such a quick turn around in reworking the cats and sending them back out the same day.

Also thanks to Chris at Mina Gallery....although took alittle while for the bodykit to arrive....and sent the wrong front splitter for my bumper....it's all good. Still waiting for Chris to send the '07-'09 XKRS front splitter so I can install later.

Also...thanks to Dan at Nalley for getting the trim pieces....easy to deal with and quick shipping.

Lastly...thanks to George Kale (on the forum) for trying to help us out with the pesky "Lamp Failure" on the dash with the left LED taillights. Still haven't figured it out yet but George gave us some good leads.

Still waiting for the front splitter to complete the look. Haven't driven it yet as it started to rain right after Mike dropped off the car (it's a garage queen....) but just startup and revving it...I can tell it's louder but at idle it's still pretty quiet.

Next winter project....2010 front bumper with splitter.....

Here are some quick pics from my iphone4(not the best quality) before the rain started coming down here in Chitown.......will take more next week as we're suppose to have rain the next 3-4 days.

Last edited by GhostriderXKR08; 04-15-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Congrats Ghostrider, your car is looking very sleek and unique, (didn't mean to rhyme that lol) and those rims are sick... nice choice!

Thanks for the 08 front splitter tip on the other thread. I'll check out what Mina has to offer.

Can I ask what made you decide to go with Veizu for the tuning? I noticed online there are several UK companys that offer the ecu work. How did you narrow it down to them?

Again, the ride looks great, very tasteful and very unique!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I like it! Very well done. Those wheels are very nice.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

I must admit to favoring the newer choice for wheels ghostrider, and blackening the window trim and especially the side vent very nice touches...that chrome was out of place before it seemed. Looks like just enough shiny parts now, great work!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

One word...SWEEEET!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I appreciate your taking time to submit this thread , happy safe driving

Old 04-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks amazing. Can you provide me a link on your body kit? I am new to the Jaguar can you give me info on your wheels brand size and offsets? Also what size tires are you running? I am working a deal on a 11 White XKR and you have some mods I would be very interested in. Thanks for posting.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:46 AM

Thanks guys! I went with Veizu tuning because I wanted to do everything at once while the car was at shop and Eurotoys is one of the dealer's here in the U.S. Also...I've talked to Paul Busby (CEO of Viezu) in the past when he worked at Paramount Performance and when I was looking at the Milltek Exhaust and he seems to know his stuff when talking to him. They did a tune and a pulley on a 5.0 SC and dynoed decent numbers also: YouTube - Jaguar XKR Remap and Pulley Upgrade

It stopped raining here but the streets are still wet plus we're suppose to get more rain soon so probably won't take it out yet.

DRL650....check your PM....gave you some suggestions.

Last edited by GhostriderXKR08; 04-16-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:15 AM

Also...just to add alittle color to the engine...I had the accordion tubes replaced with red smooth tubes. Probably 0 HP gain but the Viper guys claim smooth tubes gaines 10HP at the upper RPM range with their cars. Underneath and hidden is the air induction kit.

Last edited by GhostriderXKR08; 05-16-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:39 PM

man....looking good...did you ever sell your other wheels?

Old 04-17-2011, 01:06 AM

My other aftermarket wheels are still not sold as of yet. Had 3 people interested....for a Lexus (backed out after he realized it'll stick out too much), XFR (shop had a potential customer but because my aggressive offset which is flush with the XKR wheel well, the rears stuck out too much on the XFR....looks like we have a wider rear track on our XK/XKR than the XFR), Suburban (yes...suburban....LOL....guy wanted it but my wheel guy says it'll be too much stress with spacers on such a large vehicle).

Wheels are still for sale if anyone is interested: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/2...agoland-47782/

Additional Pics: MHT Vendetta Rims pictures by BradStorey - Photobucket

Also....if anyone from Chicagoland is interested in:

1. 2007-2009 XKR diffusor - painted in ebony black (free): gives it a more cleaner look instead of the stockg grey look.

2. Chrome Rear Blade (free)

--Also the last one of the diffusor pics above.

Again...free but you'll need to meet me in Chicago western burbs to pick them up. Sorry...the parts are alittle dirty...haven't had a chance to clean them since it came back from the shop.

First to email me (xkramg@gmail.com) get it.

Last edited by GhostriderXKR08; 04-17-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW .... love it!!!!!

Old 04-17-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by mja xkr
WOW .... love it!!!!!
Thanks Mike!

Old 04-17-2011, 04:18 PM

Wow. That is one wicked looking XKR!

Old 04-17-2011, 06:36 PM

Damn you. Every time I look at your ride I want to go out and buy an XKR. I love what you have done to your ride and the xtra performance mods are just an extra bonus. Very well done. I also had the same MHT Vendetta wheels on my Lexus nice wheels and GLWS.. What size tires are you running also what are your rim sizes?

Last edited by DRL650; 04-17-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by DRL650
Damn you. Every time I look at your ride I want to go out and buy an XKR. I love what you have done to your ride and the xtra performance mods are just an extra bonus. Very well done. I also had the same MHT Vendetta wheels on my Lexus nice wheels and GLWS.. What size tires are you running also what are your rim sizes?
haha....thanks Dennis. Can't believe you had the same MHT Vendetta's on your Lexus.

The wheel size I'm running are:

Fronts 20x9 with a +40 offset
Rears 20x10 with a +25 offset

Tires:

Fronts: 255/35/20
Rears: 285/30/20

Wish I could have ran 315s in the rears like I did with my Vette.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

@Ghostrider-What is the name of the company that manufactures the bends on your air intake system, specifically the bends leading into the throttle body?

Did you simply cut away the accordion sections of the intake tubing and retain the rest of the plastic tubing?

Old 04-17-2011, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Moe-she-sa
@Ghostrider-What is the name of the company that manufactures the bends on your air intake system, specifically the bends leading into the throttle body?

Did you simply cut away the accordion sections of the intake tubing and retain the rest of the plastic tubing?

Unfortunately I'm not sure which supplier Eurotoys used to get these smooth tubes....also called silicone couplers. I just told Eurotoys when they did everything to also replace the accordion tubes with red smooth tubes and they did. I was planning to do it myself but got lazy and just had them do it. I'm sure you can get any silicone couplers for vehicles on the internet just make sure the diameter and length is correct.

I'm pretty sure just loosen the two clamps from each side and the accordion tubes can slide out with alittle work.....I seriously doubt any cutting is necessary.

The shop kept the stock accordion tubes for me and they look like this:

Old 04-18-2011, 05:40 PM

Sold the wheels today......

The chrome rear blade and painted black 2007-09 rear valance is still available. Both free but local pickup only.

Here is a sound clip of the cats with catback exhaust: http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...headr/efwr.mp4

It's pretty loud during WOT but quiet during idle.

Last edited by GhostriderXKR08; 05-15-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

@ghostrider- I was actually referring to the metal 90 degree bends that clamp directly to the throttle body. I will give Mike a call and ask him.

I did not realize that that the accordion segments were detachable. I have a K&N cone filter on my XK. I used similar silicone couplers but I left everything behind the MAF stock. Now I have a new project.

I want to do something similar to my 1998 XJ8 but I know for a fact that the accordion section is not detachable.

I want my XJ8 air intake to look like this

Quick Reply: Special Thanks......