Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stance setup help for 07 XKR.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Ground clearance

Pacio, nice work looks great!

I've added the R-S front splitter to mine and I'm hesitant about putting on lowering springs.

Can any of you guys that have added lowering springs tell me what your ground clearance under the nose is now?

Please specify if you've added the splitter too.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-06-2012, 01:43 AM
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

So how are the spacers working out? Any vibration?

Also, you said the H&R's didn't change the ride at all. How much was the drop and where did you find them? I'd be curious which spring rides the best...

Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike V
Pacio, nice work looks great!

I've added the R-S front splitter to mine and I'm hesitant about putting on lowering springs.

Can any of you guys that have added lowering springs tell me what your ground clearance under the nose is now?

Please specify if you've added the splitter too.

Thanks in advance!
I will be fitting the RS splitter soon so i will be able to give you a precise answer

Originally Posted by Evoking
So how are the spacers working out? Any vibration?

Also, you said the H&R's didn't change the ride at all. How much was the drop and where did you find them? I'd be curious which spring rides the best...
I have done around 800 miles now since the upgrade and if you have a full tank of fuel and a passanger then the rear tyres can rub against the little mudflaps on bumpy roads at higher speeds but if you keep your fuel at 50% then even with a heavy passanger no rubbing, and no vibration from spacer under any conditions as expected from the Trak+ system.

You can get the H&R spacers 15mm and 20mm sets as well as the -35mm H&R springs from LarkSpeed UK, i personally recomend Lark used them for ages never dissapointed.

I have made up some amateur comparison pics here goes :P

And the next one shows the car with new reg plates color coded jaguar strip debadged and with the suspension mods i think it looks meaner now

I have also recieved some of the parts ordered and will start putting them on tomorrow

Oh and if anyone is interested i can get another full set ( all 4 pieces) of brand new never used genuine jaguar rear LED taillights for around 350-400GBP

Also i can get a complete modified harness that has all the needed modifications to make sure you get no bulb out errors on the dash and both reverse lights working like they should.

Well thats about it still waiting for the RS diffuser, and the sideskirts, and the splitter, and new intake and.........here we go again

Last edited by Pacio; 04-11-2012 at 01:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mike V (04-12-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Pacio

Great looking mods!

Some questions, please;

1) Did you suspension EVER bottomed out with the short springs under street/highway driving? (not considering going over speed-bumps) Please, anyone who lowered their cars chime in on this important question.

2) When the springs were installed were the damper rubber "bump-stops" shaved to compensate for the reduced damper travel?

3) Did you have to cut the wheel studs for the 15 mm H&R front wheel spacers as suggested by the other poster? How about for the 20 mm?

4) What "little mudflaps" are you referring to when it comes to rubbing at full fuel/passenger load? I don't seem to find any mudflap to fit the description on my car. Is it the plastic wheel-well cover over the wheel?

I really like the way your lowered car looks but, still concerned about the dampers bottoming out and destroying themselves, as well as the alignment issues. Right now my tire wear across the tire-thread is about as perfect as I have seen on any car.

Thanks,

Albert

Last edited by axr6; 04-11-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added one more question
Old 04-12-2012, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by axr6
Pacio

Great looking mods!

Some questions, please;

1) Did you suspension EVER bottomed out with the short springs under street/highway driving? (not considering going over speed-bumps) Please, anyone who lowered their cars chime in on this important question.

2) When the springs were installed were the damper rubber "bump-stops" shaved to compensate for the reduced damper travel?

3) Did you have to cut the wheel studs for the 15 mm H&R front wheel spacers as suggested by the other poster? How about for the 20 mm?

4) What "little mudflaps" are you referring to when it comes to rubbing at full fuel/passenger load? I don't seem to find any mudflap to fit the description on my car. Is it the plastic wheel-well cover over the wheel?

I really like the way your lowered car looks but, still concerned about the dampers bottoming out and destroying themselves, as well as the alignment issues. Right now my tire wear across the tire-thread is about as perfect as I have seen on any car.

Thanks,

Albert
1) NO

2) NO

3) NO my standard jaguar wheels had cutouts inside the wheels to accomodate the studs that ware sticking out and i think they ware like that from the factory. But if you have wheels without these cutouts, then yes you would have to cut the studs, or drill the wheels.

4) im refering to these little plastic bits on the wheel arch

I have no regrets since installing the suspension mods even guys at jaguar dealership in manchester said this is the way xkr should look from the factory lol

Last edited by Pacio; 04-12-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by axr6
Pacio

Great looking mods!

Some questions, please;

Thanks,

Albert
I used to have similar concerns before I lowered a car for the fist time 10 years ago. My friends were trying to convince me its fine but I wasn't budging. Then I woke up one morning and decided to try it.

Since then I have lowered 4 cars and can't drive a car without it. To prevent issues, I go no lower than 1 inch and keep the stiffness no more than 5 - 10% over stock spring rates.

We're not kids trying to slam the car but I hate the gap usually seen with stock cars. I enjoy coming off the interstate at high speed, going around the exit curves like a roller coaster...hugging the road. I like making right turns at 20 mph. I enjoy making high speed lane changes on impulse with little body roll.

This is with a big sedan. I can't wait to drive a lowered XKR.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:54 AM

Yep, once you lower a car you will always do it! Pacio, we need more quarter angle pics of the whole car.

I'm going to order some spacers and springs. So the Ebay spacers you posted won't work? Where did you get the H&R spacers and wheels? Wish I got more responses from my Springs Comparison post to understand the variance of harshness between them. The Mina's seem to be the cheapest at around $300 or so.

Last edited by Evoking; 04-12-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Pacio:

In the pic you show of the spoiler, it also has a leaper on it. Did the spoiler come with this or did you put it on? Did you order it painted? Where did you purchase it from?

Thanks!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Has anyone checked how the lowering affects the suspension's geometry, other than its impact on camber? I'm wondering if there's any downsides that would negatively impact handling (like bump steer) that might offset the improvement in center of gravity.

Bruce

Old 04-12-2012, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by rscultho
Pacio:

In the pic you show of the spoiler, it also has a leaper on it. Did the spoiler come with this or did you put it on? Did you order it painted? Where did you purchase it from?

Thanks!
Got it from my local Jaguar Dealer, comes painted and with the leaper on all i did is install it today and looks amazing you don't notice big difference on pictures but in life looks really good. Took me 30 min to install it and im no mechanic, all you need is a T20 torx bit with a hole inside it as the screw has a little pin in the middle, a standard T30 torx and some cloth and water to clean the surface.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:25 PM

Some more pics of the stance, will be installing the LED taillights and bottom diffuser this weekend so stay tuned !

Old 04-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Pacio - I like your "WTF" number plate. WTF indeed. Stunning XKR!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Veteran Member

I'd be worried about going quite that low but, no doubt the car looks great. You're right, this is how Jag should have filled those wheel wells right from the factory. Not sure why they decided to leave those big gaps, almost like they expected people installing chains over the tires in the winter... maybe they did?

I ordered the 4x20mm spacers. The 15mm that you used on the fronts were not even listed by H&R for this application. I measured and figured that the 20s would work up front. Can you think of any reason why they should not?

Thanks for the write up and pictures. Your car looks fantastic.

Albert

Old 04-15-2012, 10:52 PM

Where did you order the spacers from? I want to order a set as well...

Old 04-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member

Where did you order the spacers from? I want to order a set as well...
From here:

H&R Wheel Spacers For Jaguar Cabrio 2007-up 20mm (4035633)

Old 04-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Pacio I am interested in the tail lights set please PM me your contact details many thanks

Old 04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GhostriderXKR08
I went with Paramount Performance UK lowering springs which are about an 1 inch drop (25mm). There are some more aggressive springs that are 1.5 inch drop but didn't wan to go that low. In the past, I've lowered my C5 Corvette (lowering bolts) and Mercedes (lowered by star diagnostic programming with the air suspension) and had no problems. Typically it does ride harsher but I lower it so it doesn't have the 4x4 look. I go over speed bumps all the time with the Jag at the club with no problems and I do angle in and out of the driveway due to the fact I also have a front splitter on my XKR but you just have to go slow. I've had the lowering springs for 2-3 years now. Here is the PP lowering springs.

Near the end of my friend's vid in my sig below...you can also get a sense of how much of a drop with the PP springs.
Jeez man I love your alloys please tell me what theybare preferbly with a linky to buy!! Im in the UK thanks

Old 04-16-2012, 04:59 PM

xkrsupercharged i cant send you a pm for some reason,

If you are interested i am coming down to london tomorrow ill be at quensway area for a few days so i can take the taillights with me. Its 370GBP for a full set, these are genuine jaguar and brand new.

If you make up your mind please mail me at fireburns7@gmail.com ill send you my mobile nr, cheers

Patrick

Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 PM

Yikes! According to that link the spacers are $127 a pair. Nearly $300 for all 4. I think that's a bit much. Especially since I plan on getting wheels anyhow it would be like throwing money after bad.

I thought they were much cheaper... Also, Pacio who did you use to install them again? I wonder if I should be concerned about using the dealer... If they know I put lower springs on then if my shocks go they may not cover. I have 5 years maintenance on the 11'.

Last edited by Evoking; 04-17-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:38 AM

Yikes! According to that link the spacers are $127 a pair. Nearly $300 for all 4. I think that's a bit much. Especially since I plan on getting wheels anyhow it would be like throwing money after bad.

I thought they were much cheaper... Also, Pacio who did you use to install them again? I wonder if I should be concerned about using the dealer... If they know I put lower springs on then if my shocks go they may not cover. I have 5 years maintenance on the 11'.

I all depends on your relations with the dealer, i have 2 years warranty left on my xkr and they did not mind my new exhaust and suspension mods, i have asked them prior to mods if ots ok and i think thats the way to.

Quick Reply: Stance setup help for 07 XKR.