XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Strange Situation?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Situation?

We purchased our 2010 XK in Belevue , Washington, USA on March 17, 2010 with 116 miles. We trailered the car to our home on account of 3 mountain passes that had sand, pot holes etc.
We are enjoying the car and are pleased with it.
It was taken to Spokane Washington to deal with a SRS fault (lamp illuminated), on June 11, 2011.
I picked up the car drove it home which is about 200 miles. I noticed right away that the front rotors were warped and contacted Jaguar NA.
I had some ideas that someone at the the dealership had "hot rodded" the car and had damaged the rotors. The service that was done was was a software upgrade, and 36 miles were put on the car.
The service manager ended up admitting that that he drove the car to his home twice and tried to get get the SRS fault to reappear. Fine, but he did so without our permission.
This all happened at 1964 miles on the odometer and under 6 months on the warranty.
Jaguar NA was nice and said that the brakes, rotors, pads would be replaced, car picked up, delivered and retreavedif the work was performed in Spokanw, Washington.
I have talked with service managers at Bellevue, Washington, Portland, Oregon and the parent company of Spokane Jaguar in Boise, Idaho and they stated that the service manager in Spokane did screw up and obviously put excessive miles on the car for just a software upgrade.
Did they warp the rotors or are the rotors defective?
I need to set up some repore with the service dealership in Spokane, Washington as they are the closest but, the service manager took advantage of us and our new car. Akin, to having his way with our nubile daughter!
I can have the repairs done in Bellevue but I would have to retrive it and any other future work would be done at?
Do I give the service dealership in Spokane another chance or just stay away and head to Bellevue?
Thanks for taking the time to read about my issue,
Harry

Old 07-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm sure the manager has been "made aware" of Jaguar corporate's displeasure with his behaviour, so since it is practical and benefits you to give them another chance, I think it would be the thing to do. I can garauntee the one thing you don't have to worry about is the service manager running off on any long side trips with your's or anyone else's Jaguar!

Old 07-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

I can't imagine how hard you would have to drive to warp rotors in 36 miles. Does he live at a track? I'm guessing he drove really hard, then parked the car without letting the rotors cool down before parking. Even so, it has to take real talent to screw them up that quickly. Still, I agree with Skid Mark; give him a chance to make it right. It appears Jaguar NA will be watching, so they should treat you right.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reply to Situation.

Thanks for corresponding. It started out a real fight until I figured out the tow truck driver wrote down the trip odometer miles! We had thought that they had put 150 miles on the car.
I thought that the rotors were warped but took the car to a local shop where a ASE Certified Master Mechanic drove the the XK and agreed with the wheel shaking left and right while coming to a stop were in fact distortion in the rotors.
It is not over yet. If I don't get the reassurances from the Regional Service Manager, it might go to Bellevue.
I can not figure out why the service manager is still there...
Regards,
Harry