XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Suspension Actuator Weather Pack Connector

Old 07-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Suspension Actuator Weather Pack Connector

Hi All,

Pulled a wheel to detail a bit and noticed a small actuator on the suspension. There was a weather pack connector that looked like it was crushed and 2 of 3 wires were disconnected. I'm wondering what I am missing with this not connected and if it is harmful to drive. Loose wires have now been taped and I am in search of the proper connector that I can replace the damaged one with.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Old 07-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,149 Likes on 3,085 Posts

YOU'RE GONNA DIEEEEEEE!!!!!
Wow, with something that obscure, maybe a breaker's yard would be the best place to find a replacement. Other than that worthless bit of advice, I'm out of ideas. Maybe I shouldn't even have posted.......

Old 07-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Getting a Welcome to the Jungle - Axel Rose vibe from that last response. Hope that is what you were going for. I appreciate you response as you have a better suggestion that anything that I have in mind. Originally thought breaker's yard was some kind of retail store..then realized you may be a junk yard.

Certainly a good option...I really just need the pigtail. I am assuming the actuator itself is fine, but may need to test that also.

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (07-03-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,149 Likes on 3,085 Posts

Originally Posted by J5hort
..... Originally thought breaker's yard was some kind of retail store..then realized you may be a junk yard.

Certainly a good option...I really just need the pigtail. I am assuming the actuator itself is fine, but may need to test that also.
Yeah, I was attempting to be British with the Breaker's Yard.
I did also assume that you just need the connector and a bit of wire on both sides. No sense to replace a sensor that functions fine. That's why I suggested the salvage option, cheapest fix, and probably nearly the easiest as it'd only require six splices. Now, what other models would use this connector? Maybe even some Ford models..... Lincoln LS perhaps? I sold mine a few years ago so I'm no help on that end.