Sponsored by: DashLynx

For those who bought out of state

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 02:07 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 928 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by Snide72
SoCal Babe - You say, “Our whole intent was to drive that car ... to see if we could trash it … and by the time the 4 of us got done with the XKR-S, it should have been junked.

Why would you intentionally try to 'trash' a car that didn't belong to you ...especially an XKR-S? For that matter, why would you intentionally try to 'trash' a car that DID belong to you ... especially an XKR-S? You've got me confused! The first 90% of your posting made me think you were a real Jag enthusiast, but after you describe your trip to Las Vegas, I'm thinking you're just a jerk. Please set me straight.

I surmise program cars are made available to reviewers to do what they want to the car. To take it through extreme punishment and beyond to treat the car under extreme conditions to see how well it holds up. I'm unfamiliar with program cars but have been duly warned here. Some cars driven 3,000 miles may show wear and tear of a similar car driven 30,000 miles because the car was tested to the extreme. I don't think Jaguar's were meant to be pure track cars and no one drives them on the track all the time. If this is how program cars are treated by they should have a branded title.

I, also, assume SoCal Babe works in the automotive business as an inspector/reviewer and must think highly of the XKR to have purchased one. Maybe using the word "trash" was over kill for doing her job to drive the car to its extreme and putting it through a lot more than she would normally put her own car through.

Last edited by DGL; 02-07-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Received 189 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Hope You're Right

Hope you're right, DGL!

Old 02-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
Default No problem from the rep!

Originally Posted by Snide72
SoCal Babe - You say, “Our whole intent was to drive that car ... to see if we could trash it … and by the time the 4 of us got done with the XKR-S, it should have been junked.

Why would you intentionally try to 'trash' a car that didn't belong to you ...especially an XKR-S? For that matter, why would you intentionally try to 'trash' a car that DID belong to you ... especially an XKR-S? You've got me confused! The first 90% of your posting made me think you were a real Jag enthusiast, but after you describe your trip to Las Vegas, I'm thinking you're just a jerk. Please set me straight.
Mayb trash ws the wrong word. We wanted to try to make the car give up something that it couldnt do as compared to a ferrari or a 911 4s. Making a xkrs handle or get the power out of it that we know isnt here was the intent. There are limiters on all cars to "protect the car", but still it is fun to try to get what isnt there. And besides, program cars are there to be abused and tortured. No one every told me that I had to treat a program car whether it was a porsche or jag, or any brand as if it were my own. Would I drive my car or my bf's car the way the four of us drove the xkrs? Never. I dont abuse or tear up my own stuff. The rep had no problem with the way we treated the car. He was surprised that 4 girls were able to drive the car the way we did. Especially beter than most guys that drove it. This has nothing to do with being an enthusiast. Just so ya know I stated in a thread a while back that I wasnt a car enthusiast and never should be taken as such.

Last edited by SoCal Babe; 02-07-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Received 189 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks for the additional info.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

my feelings exactly.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:44 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SoCal Babe
Mayb trash ws the wrong word. We wanted to try to make the car give up something that it couldnt do as compared to a ferrari or a 911 4s. Making a xkrs handle or get the power out of it that we know isnt here was the intent. There are limiters on all cars to "protect the car", but still it is fun to try to get what isnt there. And besides, program cars are there to be abused and tortured. No one every told me that I had to treat a program car whether it was a porsche or jag, or any brand as if it were my own. Would I drive my car or my bf's car the way the four of us drove the xkrs? Never. I dont abuse or tear up my own stuff. The rep had no problem with the way we treated the car. He was surprised that 4 girls were able to drive the car the way we did. Especially beter than most guys that drove it. This has nothing to do with being an enthusiast. Just so ya know I stated in a thread a while back that I wasnt a car enthusiast and never should be taken as such.

Most of the members on this forum love their Jags and take care of there cars with great pride, including me. The thought of trashing a new Jag is heart breaking. I'm not saying you, also, don't care for your personal car. You obviously do by working to improve it. A lot of us are not cognizant with "program" cars and there intended promotion purpose. On the other hand you've warned all members with good insight to the abuse "program" cars are subjected to. As such these program cars should me branded or required by the selling dealer to make prospective buyers know of what abuse the car may have been subjected to. All members and prospective Jaguar owners will benefit from your post.

The following users liked this post:
Snide72 (02-08-2014)
Old 02-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 86 Posts

I found a 2010 coupe with 16K online from a Jaguar dealer. Car was in Chicago, I'm in FL. I had a company inspect it, bought it and had is shipped. Only problem was that it arrived with bad tires. They were apparently switched after the inspection! I emailed the used car manager explained about the tires and asked for the contact info for the dealership's owner. I got a phone call from the manager a few minutes later, explaining that it was all just a misunderstanding and that he would ship the other tires down. I said, too late, the car is having new tires put on as we speak. He then told me to send him the bill. I did, they paid. The "misunderstanding cost the dealership $1100.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:42 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by chazaroo
I found a 2010 coupe with 16K online from a Jaguar dealer. Car was in Chicago, I'm in FL. I had a company inspect it, bought it and had is shipped. Only problem was that it arrived with bad tires. They were apparently switched after the inspection! I emailed the used car manager explained about the tires and asked for the contact info for the dealership's owner. I got a phone call from the manager a few minutes later, explaining that it was all just a misunderstanding and that he would ship the other tires down. I said, too late, the car is having new tires put on as we speak. He then told me to send him the bill. I did, they paid. The "misunderstanding cost the dealership $1100.

Doesn't sound like a misunderstanding to me. Why would they replace the good tires on the car with worn out tires. They tried to pull a fast one on you to save a few dollars.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
Doesn't sound like a misunderstanding to me. Why would they replace the good tires on the car with worn out tires. They tried to pull a fast one on you to save a few dollars.
Exactly. Happily it cost them not me.