XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Top Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 06:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Stuck

Hi All just reading his post, I have the same kind of problem, it has started since I took the battery off, just bought the car its not been loved and is filthy I removed the battery as it had a new one fitted before I got the car, the old one had leaked for some reason, probably the vent pipe was pulled off, anyway there where signs of acid spill around the battery and dribble into the spare wheel well. I opened the hood half way propped it open so I could get a better access cleaned everything up put the battery back on and now I have a non functioning hood?
To begin with it wouldn't operate at all it was stuck in the half way position.
Then it seemed to lose pressure and sag, I had to lift the bow then lift the tonneau cover above it.
After a few attempts the hood opened fully and then closed OK but now wont open or close?
tried releasing manually but it sticks just a few centimetres up from the widescreen.
It seems the bow is not lifting at the back
Rear windows are now stuck down

Is this a jammed ram or has the system got out of sequence
If out of sequence can it be re set by me or is this a dealer fix?
thanks in advance
RDS

Old 08-05-2017, 07:59 AM
Received 6,251 Likes on 5,451 Posts

This is an X100 car?
Try putting the top down manually following the instructions from Gus's site JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

The following users liked this post:
robtroxel (08-06-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, no its a X150
I left it for a couple of hours then tried a manual open, it went quite easy, on the 150's you can see the rams when the top is open by pushing the closer back on either side, the activation cord un-clips. I made sure both rams where full back then by mistake tried to close it with the valve still open !!! I let the pump run for a few seconds wondering if it might help purge air out of the system.
Clsed the manual valve and tried it, all seems to be OK, it was a bit sluggish the first time I closed it but back to its normal speed now.
Fingers crossed that was an hour ago I'm about to try it again now

Thanks for your reply

Now to sort out the wiring harness under the seats (air bag light coming on) and try and find why it intermittently shows a gearbox fault must be a bad connection somewhere

Old 08-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard starkess
Hi, no its a X150
I left it for a couple of hours then tried a manual open, it went quite easy, on the 150's you can see the rams when the top is open by pushing the closer back on either side, the activation cord un-clips. I made sure both rams where full back then by mistake tried to close it with the valve still open !!! I let the pump run for a few seconds wondering if it might help purge air out of the system.
Clsed the manual valve and tried it, all seems to be OK, it was a bit sluggish the first time I closed it but back to its normal speed now.
Fingers crossed that was an hour ago I'm about to try it again now

Thanks for your reply

Now to sort out the wiring harness under the seats (air bag light coming on) and try and find why it intermittently shows a gearbox fault must be a bad connection somewhere
Richard, on the X150 only, you need to reset your front windows (sometimes 2 or 3 times) after a battery disconnect to get rid of the sluggishness or 10-20 second pause during operation.

The following users liked this post:
robtroxel (08-06-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Received 6,251 Likes on 5,451 Posts

Richard I've moved your post to the X150 section, but it sounds like you are good now.