XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 316 Posts
Default Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.

Found this very brilliant lift solution on you-tube, a very neat bit of engineering.

http://myliftstand.com/

Last edited by powerhouse; 08-06-2015 at 05:30 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by powerhouse:
GrtShrk (08-07-2015), ralphwg (08-07-2015), sklimii (08-06-2015), u102768 (08-06-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Received 420 Likes on 205 Posts

I have to admit - that's pretty slick, and would solve the majority of the issues I have regarding the do-it-myself jobs that I'm not afraid to tackle. The website (myliftstand.com) suggest that the product is relatively new and not currently available for sale. I left my contact info on the web form and will post back with any info I receive. Good find!

Old 08-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LoudHogRider
I have to admit - that's pretty slick, and would solve the majority of the issues I have regarding the do-it-myself jobs that I'm not afraid to tackle. The website (myliftstand.com) suggest that the product is relatively new and not currently available for sale. I left my contact info on the web form and will post back with any info I receive. Good find!
I left my details to, but the hope of getting them to Ireland is a bit slim, unless there is a Uk supplier. Maybe someone else has thought of the idea.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:48 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

Interesting...

Old 08-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Received 6,249 Likes on 5,449 Posts

It does look interesting but I notice the video was uploaded in 2010.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Just buy a set of Race Ramps for about $250.00. I use these for all my sports cars. Click the thumbnail image once, then again to enlarge it.

Attached Thumbnails Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-race-ramp-2-pc-67.jpg   Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-race-ramps-6.jpg   Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-race-ramps-3.jpg   Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-race-ramps-2.jpg   Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-race-ramps-4.jpg  

Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-race-ramps-order.jpg  
Old 08-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 359 Likes on 254 Posts

I still think the MaxJax is an easier solution and it's portable too.
I purchased mine through Costco and received free shipping. This was a real score as this setup is extremely heavy in total, but, very manageable individually.

Attached Thumbnails Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-img_0257.jpg   Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-img_0258.jpg   Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-img_0588.jpg  
Old 08-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Received 420 Likes on 205 Posts

My response from the website inquiry form:

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for visiting MyLiftStand.com! We appreciate you taking the time to share your contact information with us.

We are working hard to ramp up production and bring My Lift Stand to the market for auto enthusiasts and automotive repair shops. We don't yet have sufficient staffing to answer every email, but we will do our best to keep you informed of our progress in making My Lift Stand available to you and the thousands of others who have expressed an interest in purchasing a set of Lift Stands.

Meanwhile, these FAQs might answer questions you have.

How much does it cost? We are working on finding a high quality, reasonably priced manufacturing partner and we want to bring this product to the market at an affordable, low price. This journey has just begun, so stay tuned and we will be coming out with pricing.

Where can I buy it? We are evaluating a Kickstarter campaign to help launch our product. Our website, MyLiftStand.com, will likely be the next early place that My Lift Stand will be available for purchase. Once we have production, pricing, website ordering and shipping running smoothly, we'll begin approaching national retail distribution channels.

So again, stay tuned to our website and our emails. We'll be contacting you periodically to let you know the latest and greatest news on My Lift Stand. And please help us spread the word! You can now easily share any page on the website via your own social media channels.

We truly appreciate your interest and we know you'll love using your very own Lift Stands!

Best Regards,

The Launch Team at My Lift Stand
Lift Stand for Autos & Cars | My Lift Stands| for DIY Car maintenance & auto repair shops

My Lift Stand is patent protected by U.S. Pat. No. 6,464,192

Old 08-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member

That's nice personal and frank response from an entrepreneur.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by LoudHogRider
My response from the website inquiry form:

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for visiting MyLiftStand.com! We appreciate you taking the time to share your contact information with us.

We are working hard to ramp up production and bring My Lift Stand to the market for auto enthusiasts and automotive repair shops. We don't yet have sufficient staffing to answer every email, but we will do our best to keep you informed of our progress in making My Lift Stand available to you and the thousands of others who have expressed an interest in purchasing a set of Lift Stands.

Meanwhile, these FAQs might answer questions you have.

How much does it cost? We are working on finding a high quality, reasonably priced manufacturing partner and we want to bring this product to the market at an affordable, low price. This journey has just begun, so stay tuned and we will be coming out with pricing.

Where can I buy it? We are evaluating a Kickstarter campaign to help launch our product. Our website, MyLiftStand.com, will likely be the next early place that My Lift Stand will be available for purchase. Once we have production, pricing, website ordering and shipping running smoothly, we'll begin approaching national retail distribution channels.

So again, stay tuned to our website and our emails. We'll be contacting you periodically to let you know the latest and greatest news on My Lift Stand. And please help us spread the word! You can now easily share any page on the website via your own social media channels.

We truly appreciate your interest and we know you'll love using your very own Lift Stands!

Best Regards,

The Launch Team at My Lift Stand
Lift Stand for Autos & Cars | My Lift Stands| for DIY Car maintenance & auto repair shops

My Lift Stand is patent protected by U.S. Pat. No. 6,464,192
These guys have a long way to go until anyone sees any kind of production, or product being sold in any stores or auto parts stores. They don't have a staff, they don't have any money for financing the manufactuering of the product.

Don't sit around and wait, you may be waiting for a few years if they ever even get off the ground. There are so many other lift products on the market.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:43 AM
Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
Just buy a set of Race Ramps for about $250.00. I use these for all my sports cars. Click the thumbnail image once, then again to enlarge it.
This things work really well. I bought a set some time ago when I had my Mustang that was lowered quite a bit. Though I picked up mine at a local parts store for about $60. Look and function exactly the same but don't have a Race Ramp logo.

Old 08-07-2015, 02:48 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RainsFather
This things work really well. I bought a set some time ago when I had my Mustang that was lowered quite a bit. Though I picked up mine at a local parts store for about $60. Look and function exactly the same but don't have a Race Ramp logo.
Ramps are great, but you need your car level for an oil change, and with the lift stands you can level up the car, which makes for better working and although certain hydraulic lifts have safety cut off, these type of stands are way safer IMO. To many lift disasters.

Attached Thumbnails Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-lift-failure.jpg  

Last edited by powerhouse; 08-07-2015 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:34 AM
Received 194 Likes on 123 Posts

Looks great, BUT:

1 - They only support a maximum tyre width of 275mm, so that's too narrow for most X150s with 20" wheels

2 - How do you get the car onto them in the first place? The minimum height looks too high to just drive onto them, you'd have to either use ramps or jack up each corner in turn enough to get these under the wheels and with the suspension decompressing as you lift the car you'd have to jack them quite high - probably past the minimum height of axle stands.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 8bit
Looks great, BUT:

1 - They only support a maximum tyre width of 275mm, so that's too narrow for most X150s with 20" wheels

2 - How do you get the car onto them in the first place? The minimum height looks too high to just drive onto them, you'd have to either use ramps or jack up each corner in turn enough to get these under the wheels and with the suspension decompressing as you lift the car you'd have to jack them quite high - probably past the minimum height of axle stands.
Did you not watch the video, yes you jack each corner first and on the width, rears at full width are mostly 295 and a small over hang each side wouldn't be a big deal, it would be still stable, a wider top plate could be fitted no problem.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:53 AM
Received 6,249 Likes on 5,449 Posts

An overhang would be a problem as the tyre needs to be cradled in the recess to prevent any chance of rolling off.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:05 AM
Veteran Member

got a message back from maker, stating the top part can be made available in sizes for wider wheels.

The following users liked this post:
Norri (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

I like the concept but my days of crawling under the car are over. It would take me 5 minutes to get on the creeper and maybe a 1/2 hour just to get back up. In fact my bet would be I'll be doing less work and more play with the car. Until then I'll stick with the 4 poster.

Attached Thumbnails Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-dsc00126.jpg  
Old 08-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member

I think the idea has merit, in that, it's a jack stand for tires in lieu of ramps. It's the process of having to jack first, move the stand beneath a tire, that causes me to look the other way.
However,..........
Owning an RV without a built-in leveling system, causes me to think in terms of having two of these for placing under the front tires for leveling. With RVs not being within a certain range of "level" can lead to refrigeration failures. At least with our class C 2008 Winnebago View J model.

Attached Thumbnails Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.-img_6061.jpg  
Old 08-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by powerhouse
Ramps are great, but you need your car level for an oil change, and with the lift stands you can level up the car, which makes for better working and although certain hydraulic lifts have safety cut off, these type of stands are way safer IMO. To many lift disasters.
OUCH, that must've hurt!

Old 08-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Received 194 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by powerhouse
Did you not watch the video, yes you jack each corner first and on the width, rears at full width are mostly 295 and a small over hang each side wouldn't be a big deal, it would be still stable, a wider top plate could be fitted no problem.
Didn't see the video as I'm at work. Watched it at lunchtime, given how high you have to jack each corner up to get one of these under the wheel you'd easy get an axle stand under the car at that point. I can see the appeal if you need to get all four corners raised though but for stuff you only need one corner or one end lifted there's no real benefit compared with traditional axle stands. Also no use if you need to take a wheel off.

Really neat idea though, but probably more appeal for mobile mechanics, recovery drivers or the more able home mechanic than most people that just like to do what they can themselves (like me).

Quick Reply: Very neat car lift solution, brilliant.