Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wheels and offsets...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Wheels and offsets...

So, I just wanted to post this and apologize for giving anyone the wrong information.

Recently, I called a wheel/tire shop that I trusted and asked about the offsets of the wheels on the 2010+ XKR. They told me that the offsets were 46 front, and 29 rear, they also told me that they were negative offsets. Based on this info, I purchased a set of wheels for around $1200. They were aftermarket Senta wheels.

The wheel offsets were not correct. I put them on and they did not fit correctly as compared to my Nevis wheels. So I had my Nevis wheels put back on.

I subsequently measured the Sentas I bought and sure enough they were 49 and 26. So I called another Jag dealer (one I don't normally go to) and they told me the offsets on my 2010 Nevis wheels were 56 front, and 46 rear (positive offset). When I got home today I actually pulled my rear and front Nevis wheels and measured them and sure enough, the fronts are 56 and the rears are 46 (positive offsets, meaning the hub mounting surface is to the right of centerline). Now I know why the 07 - 09 wheels will not fit a 2010+ XKR.

And so, I apologize for giving mis-leading info earlier. I learned a valuable and expensive lesson!

The following 2 users liked this post by rscultho:
Bruce H. (06-13-2012), Mike V (06-14-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rscultho
So, I just wanted to post this and apologize for giving anyone the wrong information.

Recently, I called a wheel/tire shop that I trusted and asked about the offsets of the wheels on the 2010+ XKR. They told me that the offsets were 46 front, and 29 rear, they also told me that they were negative offsets. Based on this info, I purchased a set of wheels for around $1200. They were aftermarket Senta wheels.

The wheel offsets were not correct. I put them on and they did not fit correctly as compared to my Nevis wheels. So I had my Nevis wheels put back on.

I subsequently measured the Sentas I bought and sure enough they were 49 and 26. So I called another Jag dealer (one I don't normally go to) and they told me the offsets on my 2010 Nevis wheels were 56 front, and 46 rear (positive offset). When I got home today I actually pulled my rear and front Nevis wheels and measured them and sure enough, the fronts are 56 and the rears are 46 (positive offsets, meaning the hub mounting surface is to the right of centerline). Now I know why the 07 - 09 wheels will not fit a 2010+ XKR.

And so, I apologize for giving mis-leading info earlier. I learned a valuable and expensive lesson!
I don't understand why Jaguar doesn't publish the offset numbers. Why keep them such a mystery, and why make it so difficult for owners to be informed with accurate information?

Old 06-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

why have the bolt pattern that no one uses?? 5x108 is like Volvo... 5x120 Like germans will do or the most popular 5x114.3 . the more after market parts available the more market place you open up too. I appreciate the rareness of jaguars especially in Victoria Canada but when you look for wheels its a nightmare. I love stock XKR options but the dealership is outrageious with there prices.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:49 AM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Fit

Rscultho thanks for the advice!

I would think since the Sentas had a smaller offest the wheels would at least clear the brakes and suspension components without issues.

What exactly was the fitment issue? Were the Sentas sticking out too far?

Old 06-14-2012, 05:26 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mike V
Rscultho thanks for the advice!

I would think since the Sentas had a smaller offest the wheels would at least clear the brakes and suspension components without issues.

What exactly was the fitment issue? Were the Sentas sticking out too far?
Yes, they cleared the brake components/calipers. The front wheels were farther in by about half an inch and the rear wheel edge was flush/maybe 1 mm out from the edge of the fender.

I have not lowered or put stiffer springs on the car. With the stock suspension, if you hit a good bump traveling at 20 to 30 mph the wheels will travel up past the edge of the fender well. I put two brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the back which now have small grooves cut into them in the area just before the tire edge bends over to the tread. I was told that given the extra rubber in that area it should not be a problem.

But the big chance I was taking with the rear wheels on was hitting a deep enough pothole or something similar that would have caused the tire to travel far enough up to wrinkle/bend my fender. That would have been bad, so I got them off the car.

I still have not gotten a response from Jag USA on the wheel specs, hence my call to the other Jag dealer. I am hoping they will send me some info...will post it if I ever get it.

Anyway, if anybody wants a set of practically brand new Senta's for $900 ($300 off what I paid) plus shipping I can hook you up!

The following users liked this post:
Mike V (06-14-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rscultho
Yes, they cleared the brake components/calipers. The front wheels were farther in by about half an inch and the rear wheel edge was flush/maybe 1 mm out from the edge of the fender.

I have not lowered or put stiffer springs on the car. With the stock suspension, if you hit a good bump traveling at 20 to 30 mph the wheels will travel up past the edge of the fender well. I put two brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the back which now have small grooves cut into them in the area just before the tire edge bends over to the tread. I was told that given the extra rubber in that area it should not be a problem.

But the big chance I was taking with the rear wheels on was hitting a deep enough pothole or something similar that would have caused the tire to travel far enough up to wrinkle/bend my fender. That would have been bad, so I got them off the car.

I still have not gotten a response from Jag USA on the wheel specs, hence my call to the other Jag dealer. I am hoping they will send me some info...will post it if I ever get it.

Anyway, if anybody wants a set of practically brand new Senta's for $900 ($300 off what I paid) plus shipping I can hook you up!

The 20mm difference between the Nevis wheel and the Senta wheel equals the amount that lots of folks use when they put on spacers. So, it sounds to me that you're saying that 20mm will push the wheel out too much and potentially cause both tire and fender damage. Maybe 15mm is the sweet spot for spacers on the rear.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by aahmichael
The 20mm difference between the Nevis wheel and the Senta wheel equals the amount that lots of folks use when they put on spacers. So, it sounds to me that you're saying that 20mm will push the wheel out too much and potentially cause both tire and fender damage. Maybe 15mm is the sweet spot for spacers on the rear.
I'd say that's accurate for teh 07 - 09 XK/Rs. On my 2010 with my Nevis wheels on, I may have another 5mm I could set the wheels out before they'd be too far. That's front and back...

Old 06-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts
Default wheels and offsets

Are they still for sale ? are you saying they will fit the 07/09 with no problem ? and are they 20" ? also are they chrome , ?

Old 06-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sherbercars
Are they still for sale ? are you saying they will fit the 07/09 with no problem ? and are they 20" ? also are they chrome , ?
They will fit 07 -09 perfectly. They are 20", and are silver - not chrome.

Yes, still have them. Send me a PM and we'll chat!

Last edited by rscultho; 06-30-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts

Sorry they have to be chrome