XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Who shall not remain Nameless.........

Old 02-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Who shall not remain Nameless.........

so I went ahead and ordered some hi flo cats from Jason at Nameless Performance. Talked to Jason for 45 minutes on the phone today about mods, parts and cars amongst other things and he is a stand up guy. I told him about my time constrants and he told me he is going to work on getting them built within my time table. Good guy to deal with!

Last edited by GhostriderXKR08; 02-28-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  19.3 KB

Nice one ghostrider......looking forward to your post on the subject c/w pic, maybe even sound clips too?
I'm sure it'll go well and I look forward to reading / hearing it

Old 02-28-2011, 07:06 PM

Will do Jim! Unfortunately I won't be able to do a before sound clip as the car is at the shop waiting for the final pieces of the xkrs bodykit to arrive from another shop. Will post when everything is done though.

I believe GN4HIR is getting the cats for his XKR also....and looks like he'll post sound clips ...before and after......

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...t=34351&page=2

Old 02-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

@Ghostrider- Did you do dyno the car before you took into the shop for the mods?

Old 02-28-2011, 10:53 PM

I have not as I always considered my XKR as a cruiser and I focus my other car as the faster performance car and therefore whatever power gains on the XKR...great....if not...no biggie. With the bolt on mods I have now....I am satisfied and that is all that matter to me. I will definitely dyno before and after when I start modding the SL65. That is my focus fast car. Reason I haven't modded the SL65 is that I would like to get the Package 3 from Renntech which cost around $16,000. Still debating which avenue to go.

I did dyno my previous Corvette before and after my stage II heads and cam. Below is my dynograph after the heads and cam were installed but I can't find my baseline dyno. I just remember my car dynoed the lowest during dyno day when it was stock....LOL. For some reason my car was on the lower pwoer range from factory. Corvette guys use a 20% parasitic drivetrain loss for the A4s so I gain approximately 89HP to the drivetrain with the heads/cam.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I am glad you made a good deal with him , thanks for the feedback much appreciated

Old 03-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Ghost,

What all is included in XKRS blackout kit; are you ordering through a dealer or shop; and last not least what is ballpark number on that bad boy

Old 03-01-2011, 09:47 AM

:
Originally Posted by quaker13
Hey Ghost,

What all is included in XKRS blackout kit; are you ordering through a dealer or shop; and last not least what is ballpark number on that bad boy
You can definitely order the anniversary kit through your dealer or best is to go through Dan at Nalley. The only thing is the front splitter on the 2008 XKR-S for the pre 2010 bumper might be difficult to get here in the U.S. I believe you can get the front splitter for the 2010 bumper though. I'll PM you the details.......

Old 03-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

@Ghostrider- How are you going to address the foglight issue if you are installing a 2010 front bumper?

Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 AM

I was thinking possibly tucking it behind the front side vents like I did with my C5 when I installed the Z06 front mesh....but not sure if that would look good. With the side louvers...I haven't installed the 2010 ones without the side turn markers and with those....I'll probably foil up the bulb and tuck it in there somehow.....a'la the MB boys when they buy the euro bumper without side markers. If that doesn't work...I painted an extra set of pre 2010 side louvers in black. If they don't look good inside the side mesh...I'll have to consult with the shop to see how to eliminate it....I still have a year to figure it out . I'm still debating to get the 2012 XKR-S Bumper.....must be the ricer in me.....LOL....from my Supra days as I know you don't like the 2012 XKR-S....

The MB boys use foil to cover up their side markers...hope I can post this...if not please mod delete the link: http://www.mbworld.org/forums/4360756-post450.html

Here is my C5 after I installed the Z06 duct...you can't really see the fogs until they are on.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:51 PM

Thanks again to Jason at Nameless Performance....he said he was going to ship it last Friday and he did...my shop received it yesterday. The shop took a pic for me and they looks awesome! Probably another 2 weeks before I get the car back as the shop is waiting for the painter to finish the bodykit next week and also waiting for an air intake kit. Can't wait to hear it! Looks like my wheels wil be here next Wednesday according to my wheel guy. Thanks again to Jason at Nameless Performance for the cats and also Mike at Eurotoys for taking the pic.

Name:  np.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  138.8 KB

Old 03-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostriderXKR08
Thanks again to Jason at Nameless Performance....he said he was going to ship it last Friday and he did...my shop received it yesterday. The shop took a pic for me and they looks awesome! Probably another 2 weeks before I get the car back as the shop is waiting for the painter to finish the bodykit next week and also waiting for an air intake kit. Can't wait to hear it! Looks like my wheels wil be here next Wednesday according to my wheel guy. Thanks again to Jason at Nameless Performance for the cats and also Mike at Eurotoys for taking the pic.

Very nice!

Old 03-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your performance upgrades is now faster than your amg? yes?

Old 03-13-2011, 01:39 PM

Even with air intake, upper and lower pulleys, exhaust, ECU tune and hiflo cats, there is no way I'm close to the SL65 in power. Recently, someone ran a 11.5 sec in the 1/4 mile on their stock SL65 ....I doubt it would even keep up with a stock 5.0L XKR which ran a 12.3 sec in the 1/4 mile from C/D. What's new once I get the car back would be the air intake (hopefully more ram air effect at speed), ECU tune and hiflos + appearance mods. Main reason I want the hiflos is to make it alittle louder as the Milltek is alittle too soft for me but every little HP I can squeeze out is a bonus.

Yesterday...went to look at some ACR Vipers as my buddy is looking for one. I guess the ACR Viper had the fastest lap time for a production car in 2008 at the Nurburgring. It's now 7th best time for a production car below th 911 GT2 RS and 3 other cars..............Gumpert, Radical SR8 and Doonkervoot d8 rs. It looks like the ACR's time is still faster than the ZR1, GTR, F458, LFA and Koenigsegg. Was thinking of trading in the XKR after looking at some cars but I'll keep it for now as I just added new mods.

Here is the ACR my buddy was looking at.....the sales guy was starting it up for us in the pic.

Name:  acr2.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  92.2 KB
Name:  acr.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  108.4 KB
Name:  acr3.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  179.8 KB

Old 03-27-2011, 12:41 PM

no update?so how is mods? let see you kit? how you like cats?

Old 03-28-2011, 05:47 PM

Just delays for the bodykit to arrive from the vendor in California. Everything finally arrived and now found out 2 weeks ago the front splitter is for the 2010 bumper....not my 2008 bumper. After a few calls last week and emails.....the vendor called today saying they can get the splitter for the 2008 bumper but will take another week to arrive to them and another few days to send to me. So two more week....which translate to probaby 4-5 weeks knowing what happened from the past.

The cats from Nameless Performance doesn't fit correctly and so my shop contacted Jason at Nameless Performance 2 fridays ago. Called and emailed a few times last week and still waiting for Jason to send a shipping label. Still no shipping label today from Jason as I checked with the shop. Just got off the phone with Jason and he said he'll email the shipping label to the shop today. We'll see if the shop receives the label or not.

Getting very frustrated when they don't respond when their product doesn't fit or ship the wrong stuff even with constant requests via emails and phone calls to get it resolved.

Looks like Jason is waiting for more info from the shop.

Last edited by GhostriderXKR08; 03-28-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:12 PM

that sucks. you would think they would bend backward to fix their mistake right away. not you constantly reminding them. where is customer service these days.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:42 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Yikes.. I have a set setting in my garage that Jason sent me around the same time. I was planning on installing next week. Any explanation from your installer on why they didn't fit?

The cats from Nameless Performance doesn't fit correctly...

Old 03-31-2011, 09:04 AM

The cats are hitting the heatshield. After bending the headshield for more clearance, the the right converter is still touching the shield and the left only has 1/8 clearance. If tightened......it would go into the shield even more.

I remember talking to Jason last week on the phone if he contacted you........as I did see your post on the Perf Section......... he said you were out of town in France.........He must have been talking about someone else and forgot to contact you. Ours were made the same week as he did mention during production that one was going to Texas. I beleive ours are the first sets he's made for the X150.

Definately call Jason today to have them sent back to be modified.

Last edited by GhostriderXKR08; 03-31-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:05 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, that's me. I was in France with the wife. Got the cats right before leaving town and had no time to install. Jason did call me while I was out of town and rather than call him back I sent an email. I'm sure he was trying to find out if I'd had a problem.

I sent him an email about the issue yesterday. I don't want to spend $$ to put my car on the lift only to have them not fit up. Sorry you had to go first.

I guess I can work on my stereo upgrade while awaiting the reworked cats.

Joe W.
Houston

The cats are hitting the heatshield. After bending the headshield for more clearance, the the right converter is still touching the shield and the left only has 1/8 clearance. If tightened......it would go into the shield even more.

I remember talking to Jason last week on the phone if he contacted you........as I did see your post on the Perf Section......... he said you were out of town in France.........He must have been talking about someone else and forgot to contact you. Ours were made the same week as he did mention during production that one was going to Texas. I beleive ours are the first sets he's made for the X150.

Definately call Jason today to have them sent back to be modified.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who shall not remain Nameless.........