XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Will the DVD system play movies?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Will the DVD system play movies?

It might be a dumb question. I was learning the navigation system on my 2011 XKR and was getting really frustrated that there were not any places in North Carolina!!!! I had the "Light Bulb Moment" and switched out the Western US DVD for the Eastern US DVD and now I am in business.

Then I got to thinking (always a dangerous thing). I have some great concert DVD's that I wonder if the player in the trunk would actually project to the front screen. And would the audio on the DVD work as well?

I am terrified to try it so I was wondering....Has anyone put a non navigation system DVD in the player in the trunk?

Thanks,

Kyle

Old 10-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,139 Likes on 3,383 Posts

kyle191,

It can be done, but to get a DVD movie to play back on the Jaguar factory nav screen you have to do more than simply put a movie DVD in the player in the trunk. You'll need an interface. This was discussed several years ago. See this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...-system-40939/

Also see: Jaguar GVIF Video Interface - TVandNav2Go

TheJagWrangler (Steve, on this forum as White XKR) may be able to give you some advice. See his website: XK8 / XKR Auxiliary Video for Nav. Screen - TheJagWrangler I installed his remote top kit and am very pleased with it. He will probably see this thread and reply with his thoughts.

If this was helpful, please press on the bottom right.

Stuart

The following users liked this post:
kyle191 (10-06-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Very helpful indeed Stuart. Thanks for the information and links