XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is a wind deflector necessary on a XK/XKR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts
Default Is a wind deflector necessary on a XK/XKR?

Opinions please........

I own an XKR convertible..........

Is the wind deflector necessary and worth the expense?

If so, what wind deflector do you recommend, Jaguar OEM or aftermarket.

Thanks for the input and replies.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

I have a wind deflector on my 12 Vert. I got it from Adamesh a UK company. The deflector does a great job, When driving with the top down with the temp below 65 degrees f it is nowhere near as cold. In addition if you keep anything in the back seat the Adamesh deflector covers the back seat and things don't blow out. By the way the cost delivered is around $400 and they ship almost overnight. I was surprised at how quick it got here.

The one negative thing about it is there are two metal rods that fit into the slots where the center seat belts come out of the seat back area that need to be fit into the slots when installing. It is only a minor inconvenience at worst. Go to the Adamesh website www.adamesh.co.uk to check it out.

The following users liked this post:
richzak (07-04-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,140 Likes on 3,383 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
Opinions please........

I own an XKR convertible..........

Is the wind deflector necessary and worth the expense?

If so, what wind deflector do you recommend, Jaguar OEM or aftermarket.

Thanks for the input and replies.
Rich,

I have an aftermarket Adamesh wind deflector, and am very pleased with it. Whether it is necessary and worth the expense depends on how much, if any, hair you have left!

Seriously, the wind deflector makes a very significant difference with the windows up at speeds over 35mph. There is less diffence at lower speeds with the windows down. In my opinion, the OEM deflector isn't worth the additional cost.

See this post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...flector-62273/

Hope this helps,

Stuart

richzak (07-04-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ralphwg
... The one negative thing about it is there are two metal rods that fit into the slots where the center seat belts come out of the seat back area that need to be fit into the slots when installing. It is only a minor inconvenience at worst. ...
Ralph,

From my Post #2 in the above-referenced link (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...flector-62273/)

"Simple fix: I took some 1/4" clear plastic tubing that I had laying around and cut two 4" long pieces that I pushed over the posts, thereby making them about 3" longer. The tubing is barely noticeable and the deflector stays put when I raise and lower it."

Stuart

Old 07-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey there, I have the windblox winscreen on my jaguar. This one is kinda of a no frills model. I got it because it's clear instead of the mesh, and the price is friendlier. Else, you can see a list of vendors over at windscreen review. But, any way you go, I'd say a windscreen in mandatory. For my long hair, I wouldn't go top-down without one.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ViVi
Hey there, I have the windblox winscreen on my jaguar. This one is kinda of a no frills model. I got it because it's clear instead of the mesh, and the price is friendlier. Else, you can see a list of vendors over at windscreen review. But, any way you go, I'd say a windscreen in mandatory. For my long hair, I wouldn't go top-down without one.

I saw the Windblox product, but did not like the idea of securing the windscreen or Lexan plastic panel to the headrest. I am looking for the closest type that resembles the OEM Jaguar windscreen, which seems to be the Adamesh or Mina product. Now, I am seeking the best deal I can find on either one. These seem to be the most popular brands and other members of the forum have positive comments on both.

I do however appreciate the input as all members of the forum who responded state it's a great accessory to have in my XKR Convertible.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
... I am looking for the closest type that resembles the OEM Jaguar windscreen, which seems to be the Adamesh or Mina product. Now, I am seeking the best deal I can find on either one..
Mina's price is $420 plus $12.95 shipping, total $432.95. See their website. Black only. Interesting that Mina sells it on eBay for $399 delivered: Jaguar XK8 XKR 07 2011 Wind Deflector Screen Wind Spot | eBay

Adamesh's price is $351.32 (black) or $363.82 (black/tan) delivered to USA/Canada. That excludes VAT (Value Added Tax), which does not apply to USA buyers. See their website.

You might find a used one for less on eBay, but I doubt it. I bought mine in 2010 from a UK vendor who claimed to be the manufacturer for Adamesh for $309.57 delivered. Prices/exchange rate have gone up since then.

richzak (07-06-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
You might find a used one for less on eBay, but I doubt it. I bought mine in 2010 from a UK vendor who claimed to be the manufacturer for Adamesh for $309.57 delivered. Prices/exchange rate have gone up since then.
I took your advice and ordered the Adamesh deflector. I will also use your idea of the black 1/4" rubber tubing for the insert into the seatbelt harness in the rear seat. Thanks so much for the advice from yourself and others here in the forum posts.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I ordered the Mina Gallery deflector today. Hope I made the right decisions...

Old 07-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member

New Adamesh Wind Deflector received and installed today. It was a 48 hour delivery via DHL Express from Adamesh Ltd., located in the UK. Ordered Monday delivered to my door at 10:02 AM today Wednesday.......cost $382.74 delivered based on currency exchange British Pound to USD. Easy 3 minute installation. Looks great, folds down. I took the advice from Stuart S here on the forum about the Adamesh product, and will use his idea of the 4" 1/4" black tubing to retrofit the pins into the seatbelt harness on rear seat.

Overall impression: Outstanding service from Adamesh, outstanding tracking info from DHL Express, quality product, and extremely easy to install (about 3 minutes or less).

Attached Thumbnails Is a wind deflector necessary on a XK/XKR?-adamesh-jaguar-xkr-wind-deflector-002.jpg   Is a wind deflector necessary on a XK/XKR?-adamesh-jaguar-xkr-wind-deflector-003.jpg   Is a wind deflector necessary on a XK/XKR?-adamesh-jaguar-xkr-wind-deflector-005.jpg   Is a wind deflector necessary on a XK/XKR?-adamesh-jaguar-xkr-wind-deflector-006.jpg   Is a wind deflector necessary on a XK/XKR?-adamesh-jaguar-xkr-wind-deflector-007.jpg