XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Xk finally home !

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Xk finally home !

I've been a bit lax in my postings, but we finally got the 2013 XK home. Picked it up last Tuesday, started raining about 10 miles into the 50 mile trip home. Had to go through a bit of construction on the way and it got filthy. Washed it down and put it into the garage, but the weather up here is negating any further drives. Annie drove it home, so other than the test drive two weeks ago, I haven't had a chance behind the wheel. Monday looks promising.

Still getting used to this forum,, I tried the search but couldn't find an answer to a question. When I install my CTEK 3300, I will probably disconnect the bat.
Does the car need to go through any memory reset when I reconnect the bat ??

Thanks,
Steve

Old 04-01-2017, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 631 Likes on 409 Posts

Question, why would you disconnect the battery? You would want to connect the CTEK at the auxiliary position which is nowhere near the battery, it is accessed in the trunk, the ridged panel right behind the drivers side brake light.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK52TD
I've been a bit lax in my postings, but we finally got the 2013 XK home. Picked it up last Tuesday, started raining about 10 miles into the 50 mile trip home. Had to go through a bit of construction on the way and it got filthy. Washed it down and put it into the garage, but the weather up here is negating any further drives. Annie drove it home, so other than the test drive two weeks ago, I haven't had a chance behind the wheel. Monday looks promising.

Still getting used to this forum,, I tried the search but couldn't find an answer to a question. When I install my CTEK 3300, I will probably disconnect the bat.
Does the car need to go through any memory reset when I reconnect the bat ??

Thanks,
Steve
Welcome and enjoy the car. You don't need to disconnect the battery. If you purchased the Ctek extension you should hook up the positive side to the battery. There is a screw available on the positive terminal to mount the wire. Then mount the negative to one of the screws on the cage next to the battery where the nav and phone modules are located. Check under battery or ctek in the search function. Enjoy

Old 04-01-2017, 04:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

My battery had a post just for cable like on the ctek.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Welcome and enjoy the car. You don't need to disconnect the battery. If you purchased the Ctek extension you should hook up the positive side to the battery. There is a screw available on the positive terminal to mount the wire. Then mount the negative to one of the screws on the cage next to the battery where the nav and phone modules are located. Check under battery or ctek in the search function. Enjoy
Totally agree with Jagtoes. This is a very clean connection.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member

Doesn't the CTEK come with a small hardwire quick connect tether wire? Probably short though.

I still can't figure out why he would dig out the battery to connect when there are quick access terminations to be had in 5 seconds???

Old 04-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tampamark
Doesn't the CTEK come with a small hardwire quick connect tether wire? Probably short though.

I still can't figure out why he would dig out the battery to connect when there are quick access terminations to be had in 5 seconds???
Yes there is the positive terminal on the left side of the boot behind the plastic grill if you want to use the alligator clips. If you want to do a permanent hook up then the + wire should go to the positive on the battery and the minus needs to go to a ground but NOT the battery negative .

Old 04-02-2017, 12:12 AM
Veteran Member

The aux connection is not just for alligator clips! Why is the aux connection only good for alligator and not the permanent. Regardless, I attached my permanent tether line to the aux and it works fine.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:45 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tampamark
The aux connection is not just for alligator clips! Why is the aux connection only good for alligator and not the permanent. Regardless, I attached my permanent tether line to the aux and it works fine.
You can and you did. It would work either way so I guess it's a matter of choice. I think somewhere in the Jag manual it shows the factory hook up option which goes to the battery. The only warning it gave was for the 5.0L cars to NOT hook up the negative to the battery but to a ground. This is related to the battery control module which is on the neg. battery terminal.