Removing separate unit
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

6-CD Player for XK8

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6-CD Player for XK8

Say, can anyone help me advise how to un-jam a CD player?...I have one that's stuck...is there anyway to fix...short of removing the entire rack? and taking the unit out completely...the screws holding the unit in place are impossible(to Me) ro unscrew and drop the CD unit out separately...
I would appreciate any thoughts...Thanks...Its Wemy

Old 05-30-2016, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 456 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by itswemy
Say, can anyone help me advise how to un-jam a CD player?...I have one that's stuck...is there anyway to fix...short of removing the entire rack? and taking the unit out completely...the screws holding the unit in place are impossible(to Me) ro unscrew and drop the CD unit out separately...
I would appreciate any thoughts...Thanks...Its Wemy
As its nearly mid-night here and pitch black I cannot go outside and confirm this but, if my memory serves me right, is there not a tiny hole that you can poke a straightened paper clip in that pushes out the disk?

If you do have to remove the cd player you can look at my postings here http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...yer#post770694 that is how I fixed mine.

Hope this helps.

Frank C

Last edited by frankc; 05-30-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:19 PM
Received 140 Likes on 103 Posts

I am dealing with his same issue and have been for a while. I find slipping a flat screwdriver between the top of the cassette and the top of the slot and simultaneously pushing the eject button and maybe pushing the cassette in a bit will pop it out. To fix the underlying problem involves removing the changer and adjusting a spring I think. You can find references to the fix in other threads.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 456 Likes on 299 Posts

Well mine was jammed. I managed to fix it. But you would have to follow the link above to see the pictures and instructions.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Re: CD magazine stuck - cant get out.

Once I got rather frustrated with mine not ejecting and pressed the little blue button a bit too hard. Snap - it broke off (at least it seemd to - turns out it was just misaligned). I decide to open her up and try to figure out what was wrong, maybe I'd solder in a new eject switch.

Found the eject switch mechanism to be a lot different that I expected. Let me explain. I am certain the mechanical design led to numous can't eject situations on my unit.

The blue eject button you see isn't a switch at all. It is a piece of plastic just over a centimeter long that activates a switch when you press on the blue button. If you were to look at it from the side (profile), you would see the it protrudes straight back into the unit another centimiter or so. From that same side/profile view: The upper edge of the blue plastic piece is straight and flat front to back. The lower edge does the work. It is tapered (thickest point just behind where your finger touches to "push" the eject button, tapers to thin at the far end inside the unit).

Why is this tapered? It is designed to move for and aft. There is a tiny button below the blue plastic piece about 3/4 cm in. This button is mounted on the PCB just below the blue plastic piece. As you press the blue plastic piece inward the tapered edge eventually hits the top of the button, further pressing inward forces the tapered bottom to push the switch. Click - the switch closes the circuit and the magazine is ejected.

I am quite certain that misalignment of the tapered blue plastic piece prevented it from pushing the switch closed on my unit time and time again. Hope this helps you visualize the mechanism and get it to work.

FWIW - Given the position of the eject button on the PCB, it just wasn't worth the effort to desolder it and solder in a new external switch. I reassembed all and left the blue plastic piece out. I just keep a thin wood dowel next to the unit. It is so easy to just insert the dowel and activate the switch that I don't miss the blue button at all. BTW - using the switch directly like this = 100% works every time now.