XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 disc DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6 disc DVD player

Anyone have an easy fix for a jammed disc?
I know this is a common problem...but don't want to take the unit apart.
Thanks in advance....

Old 08-13-2017, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Are you sure she's jammed? Can't imagine what you can do without opening her up if so. Sometimes the cassette won't come out that's why I ask.

How about unplugging replugging to force reset routine?
John

Old 08-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Mine "jammed" soon after I obtained my '04 convertible. Replaced the battery, problem solved.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:54 PM
Received 7,903 Likes on 4,774 Posts

SOMETIMES you can get the magazine out by pressing and HOLDING the eject button while the changer cycles.

Give it a try.

bob

Old 08-13-2017, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 916 Likes on 654 Posts

itswemy,

Take the Positive cable off for about 30 seconds and it should recycle when you hook it back up! Then! "Stop using those cheap CD's that you bought at the Office Supply Store"! They are too thin............All the answers above have been known to work!!!!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 08-13-2017, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Just in case it's the cassette not ejecting:

I went inside after I got frustrated with intermittent cassette won't eject when pressing button - I umm tried too hard in frustration and broke the eject button!

Well I planned to just wire in an external switch to fix things. Not as simple as that. Here's how it works.

The plastic eject switch slides on a spring. The part you can't see is tapered to a point. When you push this switch, the tapered plastic end moves towards a momentary micro switch protruding downwards from the bottom of the circuit board on the chassis.

When all goes well, the tapered plastic protrusion contacts the switch pressing it upwards, closing the circuit, and ejection occurs. I'm convinced that years of use wore the alignment of plastic eject button, the race it slides in, and the mechanical contact with the tiny switch its supposed to trip. That caused intermittent operation in my unit.

If this is occurring in your unit, don't just push switch back (or in), try pushing down to raise the tapered plastic end, as you press this button in. In a nutshell the button may move within its race, it needs to contact that micro switch hanging face down from the circuit board. Don't press too hard - you can break it.

Fwiw, no I didn't replace the switch. You would need special soldering tools because of the miniature size. I just yanked the button and keep a wood dowel nearby to just insert and trip tat switch. It's easy once you have seen the layout.

John

Last edited by Johnken; 08-13-2017 at 09:40 PM.