XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About time!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Default About time!!!

Well after being ignored for over a month, my insurance comapny (Statefarm) has given me the green light to get my XK8 fixed.

The problem is, they don't want to paint the front bumper cover because there are existing flaws in the pain on the drivers side that wasn't hit. I think they want to try to blend it in on the pass side where it was hit. I am not happy about that Idea. that never works. It always looks like S#%T

I am going to call them back Monday and see if I can get some one to listen to reason. I am not trying to take advantage I don't want a two tone car.

I am so tired of inept people who do not know how to drive. Some one else who can't drive hit my BMW too while backing up. I think I have targets on my cars for them to aim at, I just can't see them.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:05 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Got to agree.

Whilst you can get away with blending on a metal panel, the plastic bumpers never look right patched like this.

Any chance you can make a separate deal with the bodyshop for the difference between what your insurers will pay for the passenger side and them doing the full bumper or doesn't it work like this in the US?

Graham

Old 10-06-2012, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by GGG
Got to agree.

Whilst you can get away with blending on a metal panel, the plastic bumpers never look right patched like this.

Any chance you can make a separate deal with the bodyshop for the difference between what your insurers will pay for the passenger side and them doing the full bumper or doesn't it work like this in the US?

Graham
Called insurance company and they agreed as well . No problem now. I got the new report today and it shows repaint & repair front bumper cover.

I am as happy as a kid on Christmas morning.

I am selling my BMW 740il and considering a 2004 XJ8. The car is amazing. Hope to have it in two weeks. Low miles and it looks new inside and out.

I am a new Jag convert. I do not like M.B and I am over BMW as well. I think both cars are way over rated and they are the pits (Very costly) to keep on the road & running well. Sorry, If the car is such high quality, why can't it stay running correctly for more the 2 weeks before something stops working or making strange noises. All they seem to be is a hole in which people with more money then brains throw their money into year after year just so they can say they drive a car made in Germany. The Brits kicked their German ***!!!!! and nothing has changed.

My XK8 after the inital maintanence items, chain tensioners, oil change, trans service, water pump & thermostat has cost me nothing in the last year.

Now that is the way a quality car is supposed to be. Amen!

The following users liked this post:
wcnesta (10-06-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 05:20 PM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigvettefreak
Called insurance company and they agreed as well . No problem now. I got the new report today and it shows repaint & repair front bumper cover.................
Result.
Hope the XJ8 deal also works out. If it does, Christmas has definitely come early in the Bigvettefreak household.

Graham

wcnesta (10-06-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I have had the same issues as you owning both Mercedes and BMW cars. I had more problems with the several Mercedes than any of the other cars I have owned. The BMW's weren't to bad and I enjoyed driving them, but were rust buckets. My first Jag was a 01 XK8 vert that needed some minor repairs the two years I drove it. My current 03 XKR had some issues when I bought it, but they were fixed under warranty. I later had some suspension problems and a Reduced power problem which were all fixed and the car is now running very well. Of all the cars I have owned, I like my current 03 XKR the best of them all. It is a keeper!!!

Bill N
03 XKR

Bigvettefreak (10-08-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 01:51 AM

JD Powers gave the 2004 XJ8 really high scores. MB has really gone down hill & I am no longer impressed with BMW. The 3 series is a good car but stay away from the newer 7 series. they have a ton of computer and other electrical problems I have heard.

I have really enjoy my XK8 and it gets alot of attention. People seem drawn to it and like talking to me about it. The car runs great and isn't having a problem every other week. I am hoping the XJ8 does as well. I have been told that Infinity & Lexus are the best but they look Old and Boring in style etc. I want something that stands out and is fun to drive. I think that for now, Jag fills that need.

Thanks for all the support everyone. This is a great forum.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 PM

Dropped off the car roday to be repaired. I am really excited. I can hardly wait to get her back.

Hope she looks as good as I think she will.

Again, Thank you to everyone, fore all the help and support.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

If you want to trade that BMW for an 04 XJ8 I may be able to help.

Search around about me. I'm a dealer, but I usually broker cars. I have several references on the forum and I'm in NJ.

Let me know if you want more info.

Take care,

George

Bigvettefreak (10-10-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

That's a good offer from george, you'll likely get a better XJ for the same money in your budget. I'd consider it.

The following 2 users liked this post by H20boy:
Bigvettefreak (10-10-2012), JimC64 (10-09-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by androulakis
If you want to trade that BMW for an 04 XJ8 I may be able to help.

Search around about me. I'm a dealer, but I usually broker cars. I have several references on the forum and I'm in NJ.

Let me know if you want more info.

Take care,

George
Hi George,

I have a buyer for my car and I am looking at a 2004 XJ for 7k with under 100k milage. here in NJ. I am just waiting for buyer to get the money from her insurance company, (She totaled her Corvette.)

My BMW is a 2000 740il with 141K on it. the car has evey option offered for that year and then some. I have up dated the GPS to the Big screen unit and repaced the MKII unit with an updated MKIII unit that has split screen etc. I also have all the GPS CDs as well. I have replace all missing manuals and other items that were missing when I bought the car. I have the parts and service history as well, it looks like the book "War & peace" it is so thick.I have also added 750il interior wood trim upgrades too just to give it a little more eye appeal.

Car runs really nice but it does have 141K on it and I know I won't get much if I trade it in, that is why I sold it outright.

Where are you in NJ? If you want to get more information, My e-mail address is: Bigvettefreak@aol.com

Last edited by Bigvettefreak; 10-10-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Ok we are talking across the boards here....

Bottom line. 2004 xj With under 100k isn't going to happen. Unless it has a salvage history etc. The x350 just hasn't depreciated that much.

I have an 04 xj, blue over oatmeal, really clean, with 133k on it, with a documented rebuilt trans, air suspension, 4 new tires, (within the last 500 miles) and new control arm / suspension bushings (that I did) I have all the paperwork for that.

I could probably let you have for a bit less than that. The car has had some paintwork, but it's decent. Needs a couple odds and ends but it's really solid and runs and drives right.

If you are looking for an 04 with under 100k, you are in the 8500 - 9500 price range at minimum. And you can expect those repairs in the future.
I can get you whatever you want as long as your patient. No pressure on my car, but I want you to understand what to expect, and the car that best suits your needs.

Shoot me an email - george@rmexoticautos.com

As far as your e38, if you got 5500 or better you did very well.

Take care,

George

Bigvettefreak (10-11-2012)
Old 10-11-2012, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by androulakis
Ok we are talking across the boards here....

Bottom line. 2004 xj With under 100k isn't going to happen. Unless it has a salvage history etc. The x350 just hasn't depreciated that much.

I have an 04 xj, blue over oatmeal, really clean, with 133k on it, with a documented rebuilt trans, air suspension, 4 new tires, (within the last 500 miles) and new control arm / suspension bushings (that I did) I have all the paperwork for that.

I could probably let you have for a bit less than that. The car has had some paintwork, but it's decent. Needs a couple odds and ends but it's really solid and runs and drives right.

If you are looking for an 04 with under 100k, you are in the 8500 - 9500 price range at minimum. And you can expect those repairs in the future.
I can get you whatever you want as long as your patient. No pressure on my car, but I want you to understand what to expect, and the car that best suits your needs.

Shoot me an email - george@rmexoticautos.com

As far as your e38, if you got 5500 or better you did very well.

Take care,

George
The car is on the net at a dealer in Morristown NJ for $6,995 with 99 and change miles on it. I haven't seen the car yet except on the internet but it looks very clean. I have gotten much better than $5500 for my BMW, only because I have a killer service History and the car is in very good condition.When I go to BMW even they are amazed at how well it looks and runs for it's age. I know the buyer, she knows how I take care of my cars and asked me to sell it to her, I did not ask her to buy it. I go over the top when it comes to taking care of my cars and I baby them when I drive them. I have had the car a little over 2 years and averaged only 5K a year, the Jag has only been driven 3 K in the year that I have owned it and I once again have really gone over board with service and up grades with this car as well.
I realize the 04 for 7k is a bargin You are correct, and I have seen other 04 XJ's in the 8-9k range as well, with even less miles..

Having been in the car business for many years myself, I am well aware that any car with 100k is going to need to be serviced and that Jags have their own special needs just because they are Jags.

I am waiting for my buyer to get her check from her insurance company and then I will go check out the car up north. If it turns out to be a dud, I will let you know and we can get together. I like the sounds of your car (& the colors as well)

I very much appreciate your help and very generous offer.

Thank you and I will keep in touch

P.S. George, I sent you an e-mail with information about the 04 XJ I am talking about.

Last edited by Bigvettefreak; 10-12-2012 at 12:12 AM.