Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Light on and "ASC Track Not Available"

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 02:59 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default ABS Light on and "ASC Track Not Available"

Hi All

I'm sure I've seen something somewhere on this but I can't find the thread!

My 2001 XK8 was serviced/MOT last week which included needing two new brake pipes, one across the front and another connecting front to rear as I recall.

So, driving it home afterwards, the ABS light came on and the message display said "ASC Track Not Available"

Stopped the car, switched off and switched back on which is what the drivers manual said to do, and that cleared it. I have driven it a couple of time since with no issues. Yesterday, after a 50 mile drive, under gentle braking, it felt like the RHS front wheel locked for a fraction of a second as the car came to a halt. 5 minutes later, the same thing happened to the left hand side front under similar gentle braking. These two events may or may not be connected.

After parking the car and leaving it for a few hours, on restarting it to come home, the ABS light came back on as did the ASC Track not available message.

As it was on the way back, I called in at the garage that did the MOT and they put it on a code reader and said it was the PCB for the ABS, located by the passenger side front wheel in the engine compartment. (Mine is a right hand drive). They pulled the blue connector but that didn't reset to display, so they say that the board will have to be pulled and sent away to be checked and fixed.

The lights/message are still on but I don't get any codes on my code reader and I have a jaguar specific Foxdell reader.

1. Any thoughts on their diagnosis?

2. The cynic in me says that they have been playing with my brake lines and now I've got an ABS/Traction control issue immediately after they have done so. Coincidence or not? They say its a coincidence and changing the brake lines won't have any impact on what is causing the problem now.

Any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Old 04-13-2017, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 459 Likes on 331 Posts

The place to start looking is the HOW TO thread at the top of the forum:-

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ts-data-29800/

First topics covered are ABS and you should be checking your wheel sensors/leads first then the ABS module itself - both of which are covered in links in the thread.

Its entirely possible that during the work that was carried out they dislodged/damaged the wheel speed sensor leads and that is what I would look at first.

A weak battery might also cause these symptoms, if it has been sitting for a while. Anyway, plenty of stuff you can check yourself on a bank holiday weekend without spending any money.

The following users liked this post:
Chalgravesteve (04-13-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this problem for four years. This is allmost
allways your abs module.

It took me four years before i figured out there was a wrong module and abs pump in my car. That will not be your problem though.

I would check with a local Jaguar trader (not dealer) and ask him to switch the module (pref try a few with

Mothe corresponding numbers, ALL numbers must match or it will NOT work thus also the long number
see picture...

You can buy these thing on eBay but beware most of them are broken ....

The long number 10.0946-1004.3 is the most important Those must be the same
If you have traction control (not the same as stability control) Look for a module with tcs otheeisr itvis etcs (e means excluded , took me 4 years to undrrstand that...)