XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone entered their xk8 in the "special division" concours event?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Anyone entered their xk8 in the "special division" concours event?

I'm entering my 2002 modified xk8 in our JCNA concours event this July. Anyone done this before?

Old 03-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Note 3: Class S3
a. This Class is for production Jaguar vehicles of any year and model that have been
substantially personalized, modified, or customized. Entries must be equipped with
functional horns, headlights, taillights, brake lights, parking lights, license plate lights,
back-up lights and turn signals appropriate to the vintage.
b. To qualify for Class S3, Entries must have 40 points or more of deductions for judged,
non-authentic, or missing features or components (hereinafter called the qualifying
deductions or items). Advance concours registration is required. The Entrant (using
the appropriate form available in the “Concours” section of Jaguar Clubs of North America) must
provide a list of the qualifying deductions, for the Chief Judge’s review and approval.
Pictures of qualifying items may accompany the form.
Subject to acceptance of the qualifying deductions, Entries modified for solo racing
events may be eligible for this class.
Custom fabricated items, e. g., one-off wheels, steering wheels, etc., custom body work
and significantly non-authentic paint color or schemes may be included as qualifying
deductions.
The qualifying items may not include the tire, wheel, or radio authenticity exceptions
currently allowed in Driven Division (Section 3.A.1) or items “similar to the original”.
This class is not for incomplete restorations or Entries whose modifications consist of
the substitution of minor, non-authentic, after-market hardware.
Aftermarket hardware, accessories and poor-quality reproduction components are
NOT qualifying deductions and include:
- hoses, hose clamps, hose covers, nuts, bolts, washers, and other minor hardware
- wiring and wire connectors
If an original judged item is removed, and listed as one of the qualifying deductions, that
item must either have been replaced by a non-authentic item or have had all mountings,
and traces of the original installation, removed.
Modification workmanship will be judged. Poor workmanship will receive a
deduction comparable to a Condition discrepancy. (2013 AGM)

Old 03-10-2014, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bad Cattitude
Note 3: Class S3
a. This Class is for production Jaguar vehicles of any year and model that have been
substantially personalized, modified, or customized. Entries must be equipped with
functional horns, headlights, taillights, brake lights, parking lights, license plate lights,
back-up lights and turn signals appropriate to the vintage.
b. To qualify for Class S3, Entries must have 40 points or more of deductions for judged,
non-authentic, or missing features or components (hereinafter called the qualifying
deductions or items). Advance concours registration is required. The Entrant (using
the appropriate form available in the “Concours” section of Jaguar Clubs of North America) must
provide a list of the qualifying deductions, for the Chief Judge’s review and approval.
Pictures of qualifying items may accompany the form.
Subject to acceptance of the qualifying deductions, Entries modified for solo racing
events may be eligible for this class.
Custom fabricated items, e. g., one-off wheels, steering wheels, etc., custom body work
and significantly non-authentic paint color or schemes may be included as qualifying
deductions.
The qualifying items may not include the tire, wheel, or radio authenticity exceptions
currently allowed in Driven Division (Section 3.A.1) or items “similar to the original”.
This class is not for incomplete restorations or Entries whose modifications consist of
the substitution of minor, non-authentic, after-market hardware.
Aftermarket hardware, accessories and poor-quality reproduction components are
NOT qualifying deductions and include:
- hoses, hose clamps, hose covers, nuts, bolts, washers, and other minor hardware
- wiring and wire connectors
If an original judged item is removed, and listed as one of the qualifying deductions, that
item must either have been replaced by a non-authentic item or have had all mountings,
and traces of the original installation, removed.
Modification workmanship will be judged. Poor workmanship will receive a
deduction comparable to a Condition discrepancy. (2013 AGM)
Thanks. I've actually printed off the rule book and read it several times. I'm hoping for some practical experience from someone that has entered in that division. I think all my modifications are approved since this division is meant for just my typr of car.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

I thought it strange that you have to document the deductions from a concours example to enter. I'm certain you will have enough modifications to qualify.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bad Cattitude
I thought it strange that you have to document the deductions from a concours example to enter. I'm certain you will have enough modifications to qualify.
I know! I probably have more deductions than anyone. Except maybe enderle!!

Old 03-11-2014, 12:19 AM
Received 675 Likes on 488 Posts
Default OK now I want to do this.

Originally Posted by philhef
I know! I probably have more deductions than anyone. Except maybe enderle!!

Sounds like fun let us know how it goes.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:22 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by enderle
Sounds like fun let us know how it goes.
You should enter an event too. I know your's would be a fan favorite. Are you a JCNA member?

Old 03-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Nothing against entering a Concourse but that arena is usually for very focused collectors. I've done a few Pebble Beach shows, Medowbrook - when it was still running and and many of the Greenwich shows. If you know the presenters displaying their cars (make makes no difference) you'll probably have a pleasant day. If you don't, assuming that your car is accepted to enter, many will find the experience perhaps a 'little stiff'.
If fun is what you're looking for stop in at any car club cruise event. You'll see a million Camaros, Mustangs, GTO's, Dodge and Plymouth's but you're not going to be tripping over many Jags. Car people like to see stuff they don't [if ever] get to see up close and personal. Your car will draw quite a crowd, you'll meet some interesting and fun people and most of all you'll have a stress free fun time. Don't worry about being awarded a trophy. You can't eat the damn things and most of your friends could care less.
Now start detailing your car and have a ball!
RB

The following users liked this post:
Jag#4 (03-11-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by East Haddam
Nothing against entering a Concourse but that arena is usually for very focused collectors. I've done a few Pebble Beach shows, Medowbrook - when it was still running and and many of the Greenwich shows. If you know the presenters displaying their cars (make makes no difference) you'll probably have a pleasant day. If you don't, assuming that your car is accepted to enter, many will find the experience perhaps a 'little stiff'.
If fun is what you're looking for stop in at any car club cruise event. You'll see a million Camaros, Mustangs, GTO's, Dodge and Plymouth's but you're not going to be tripping over many Jags. Car people like to see stuff they don't [if ever] get to see up close and personal. Your car will draw quite a crowd, you'll meet some interesting and fun people and most of all you'll have a stress free fun time. Don't worry about being awarded a trophy. You can't eat the damn things and most of your friends could care less.
Now start detailing your car and have a ball!
RB
I actually went to this event last year and it was great. I'm a member of the Carolina jaguar club, a division to the Jaguar Club North America, and this event is a sanctioned concours competition. The "special" division is for cars just ,Ike mine. Heavily modified either cosmetically or mechanically. From the half dozen or so entrees in this division last year, mine would give them a good running. The location is in the blue ridge mountains at a small resort, Little Switzerland inn. Great food, wine, and views! Very casual.