XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/CCU Blower PDU Reprogram - Any JAG TECH

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Question A/CCU Blower PDU Reprogram - Any JAG TECH

I'm going to see if my XK8 has a cabin filter installed. If it does not and I add a filter ALLDATA say the following:

"Where particle filters are fitted as 'after market' items the A/CCM program must be changed to allow higher AUTO blower speeds; this compensates for the slight loss of air flow. Access to the program is by PDU. Vehicles with filters fitted OEM will have this facility enabled by Jaguars Cars Ltd."

I called the ONLY Jag dealer in Oregon to find out what it would cost to have the program changed. The service adviser couldn't answer the question. He said because it would be "after market" they would not do it. They would only do work on OEM.

Have any of you Techs ever done this A/CCM reprogramming? Is a PDU used in all Jag dealerships?

Thanks

Old 06-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool A/CCU Blower PDU Reprogram

Green Jewel,

The service advisor's at our ONLY Jag dealer in Oregon are a bunch of monkeys running around with there head up there ***. I don't like them and they don't like me. I cant stand talking to people who instantly look at me as if i am filthy rich and stupid. If you ask them any thing even remotely technical they get pissy because they don't want people like us who have brains, they want Miss Buffy the senators wife who will pay 200.00 for a oil change.

Any way... sorry for the rant..

My XKR has it already installed. am actually about to replace it shortly. So i don't think i can help. But it sounds like the moron at the dealer was not understanding you when you told him you would like to install a cabin air filter. he prob was half listening with glazed over eyes as soon as you started talking about reprograming and as soon as he heard the work "after-market" he said no because they cant make a crap ton of money.

Try calling the monkeys back and asking them if they can install a cabin air filter for you. Watch how quick they say "why yes, yes we can! it will be $500.00".... only guessing on the $500.00 but it wouldn't surprise me.

Good Luck

Old 06-30-2009, 04:16 AM

2000BLACKXKR Thanks for the reply and you are 100% correct. 'Bob' the 'advisor' said that ALLDATA is not correct and doesn't have correct information. From what I've seen, they have all of the JHS or what ever you call the CD from Jag with info about our cars plus more!

Here's one for Monte Shelton

There are two independent shops that I'm going to call. I had Consolidated Motors look at my XK8 and Ed, the owner, inspected the car and solved a shaking problem that I had that was caused by one tire out of balance. He checked the lineup and checked the car over and took it for a 90 mph test. I had a shake at 70-72 mph and he solved it. This was like a pre-purchase inspection where he checked it all out. I'm a bit late having it done after I bought the car instead of before I purchased.

When are we going to get together? I'm on vacation the last week of July, maybe a meeting at PIR's Wed night drags? I've never run this car.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,062 Likes on 759 Posts

"Where particle filters are fitted as 'after market' items the A/CCM program must be changed to allow higher AUTO blower speeds; this compensates for the slight loss of air flow. Access to the program is by PDU. Vehicles with filters fitted OEM will have this facility enabled by Jaguars Cars Ltd."

This is a correct statement, however "after market" is not the right term. Jaguar did offer this as a option, also for retrofitting. If you want to do the latter, you need part MJA6865AA “Filter element Housing” , and of course the filter MJD6863AA and change the Pollen filter setting with the WDS/IDS. If you want an true after market (ie 50% cheaper filter) you can choose the Bosch one with partno P3742.

Please note that these are partnos for LHD cars.

Andre.

The following users liked this post:
Skid Mark (03-23-2012)
Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking Pir

GreenJewel,

I have also dealt with "bob", He is a idiot. As far as PIR go's. Sounds good to me. Lets keep in touch via Email and we can figure out a good day. I am currently waiting for my front suspension rebuild kit from http://www.britishparts.co.uk/

i should be ready in about a week or two to go racing..

Look forward to it

Old 07-01-2009, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by avos

This is a correct statement, however "after market" is not the right term. Jaguar did offer this as a option, also for retrofitting. If you want to do the latter, you need part MJA6865AA “Filter element Housing” , and of course the filter MJD6863AA and change the Pollen filter setting with the WDS/IDS. If you want an true after market (ie 50% cheaper filter) you can choose the Bosch one with partno P3742.

Please note that these are partnos for LHD cars.

Andre.
Andre thank you for the part numbers for the housing and for the Bosch filter part number. I do have a LHD.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000blackxkr
Green Jewel,

The service advisor's at our ONLY Jag dealer in Oregon are a bunch of monkeys running around with there head up there ***. I don't like them and they don't like me. I cant stand talking to people who instantly look at me as if i am filthy rich and stupid. If you ask them any thing even remotely technical they get pissy because they don't want people like us who have brains, they want Miss Buffy the senators wife who will pay 200.00 for a oil change.

Any way... sorry for the rant..

My XKR has it already installed. am actually about to replace it shortly. So i don't think i can help. But it sounds like the moron at the dealer was not understanding you when you told him you would like to install a cabin air filter. he prob was half listening with glazed over eyes as soon as you started talking about reprograming and as soon as he heard the work "after-market" he said no because they cant make a crap ton of money.

Try calling the monkeys back and asking them if they can install a cabin air filter for you. Watch how quick they say "why yes, yes we can! it will be $500.00".... only guessing on the $500.00 but it wouldn't surprise me.

Good Luck
Sounds like somebody is insecure here.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by jaglover922
Sounds like somebody is insecure here.
No he's 100% correct. The "service adviser" will not look you into your eyes, he's always looking down at some papers.

The only answer to ANY question such as "what is the cost of a alignment" you're told they have to put your Jaguar onto "The service lift" and inspect the car first. No ballpark figure with our without parts installed.

They will not change your transmission fluid because it's "sealed for life". Yes for life which means when your tranny goes teats up "That's the life"!

All they have in mind is money, money, money.... YOUR Money. $75.00 MINIMUM to tell you the price of an alignment.

The parts department isn't as bad, they'll tell you the price of the part AFTER they pull it from the shelf. $8.50 for a rear stop light bulb. $15.00 for a dash Speedo bulb.