Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corroded Rear Side Marker Lamp Socket

Old 10-22-2015, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,273 Likes on 2,810 Posts
Default Corroded Rear Side Marker Lamp Socket

2006 XK8....

When my wife pulled out of the driveway this morning, I noticed her right rear side marker light was out. When she returned, I pulled the assembly and found the bulb socket full of water and very corroded (along with the bulb terminals). Not surprising considering where the assembly is located on these cars and the fact that it has no plastic wheel well liner protecting it from rainwater thrown up by the rear wheels. When I removed the socket from the harness for cleaning and drying, its corroded electrical contacts basically fell apart in my hands....

I took a close look at the socket, saw a Ford logo embossed on it, and then saw the tiny number W4D000630 embossed into it as well. Took it to the local Ford dealership parts department. They looked at it and said this is a manufacturing number, not a valid Ford part number, and they have no way to cross-reference it. They said if I could come up with a Ford part number they would be able to determine whether or not they can order one for me....

Anyone know of a way to cross-reference the embossed number to a Ford part number?

If not, anyone know where I can find one of these sockets? I don't need the entire harness, just the socket. A Jaguar dealership would be the last resort although I seriously doubt if they even sell these sockets any longer....

Old 10-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Received 6,240 Likes on 5,442 Posts

Parts.com have them for $16.21 Jon but shipping is pricey.

https://www.parts.com/index.cfm?fuse...y&Title=Jaguar

The following users liked this post:
Jon89 (10-22-2015)
Old 10-22-2015, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Norri. I found just the sockets at Welsh Enterprises for $15 each including the bulb. They will first-class U.S. mail it to me which is usually about $3 or so. They should show up by early next week....

I'm sure the left side rear marker assembly is wet as well (although it still lights up), so I went ahead and ordered two new sockets so I'll be ready when the left rear socket eventually corrodes....

It's a design flaw because the rear assemblies are not protected by any plastic wheel well liners so they get soaked by the rear wheels every time you drive in the rain....

Old 10-23-2015, 09:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 676 Likes on 550 Posts

Glad you found the parts. Had the same issue with mine only on the left side. Emptied the water out, noted part of the base was broken and sprayed electrical cleaner in and reattached.

Been back in for at least 6 months and seems to be holding, but a more permanent fix is surely in my future.

I have heard the US cars have the wiring in the front for the UK lights, just not used. I may look there first before ordering the part. Yeah, I'm that cheap.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member

So your 2001 XK8 front side markers do not illuminate when the lights are turned on? They do on my wife's 2006 XK8 Victory Edition....

And no, you're not cheap. Just industrious and frugal. We have to be when we own these particular cars or they will nickel and dime us to death....

Old 10-24-2015, 12:02 PM
Received 219 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Same issue here with my 2004, tried the Ford part number at Ford.

Originally Posted by Jon89
2006 XK8....

When my wife pulled out of the driveway this morning, I noticed her right rear side marker light was out. When she returned, I pulled the assembly and found the bulb socket full of water and very corroded (along with the bulb terminals). Not surprising considering where the assembly is located on these cars and the fact that it has no plastic wheel well liner protecting it from rainwater thrown up by the rear wheels. When I removed the socket from the harness for cleaning and drying, its corroded electrical contacts basically fell apart in my hands....

I took a close look at the socket, saw a Ford logo embossed on it, and then saw the tiny number W4D000630 embossed into it as well. Took it to the local Ford dealership parts department. They looked at it and said this is a manufacturing number, not a valid Ford part number, and they have no way to cross-reference it. They said if I could come up with a Ford part number they would be able to determine whether or not they can order one for me....

Anyone know of a way to cross-reference the embossed number to a Ford part number?

If not, anyone know where I can find one of these sockets? I don't need the entire harness, just the socket. A Jaguar dealership would be the last resort although I seriously doubt if they even sell these sockets any longer....
Had to buy the whole marker light assembly, to be the socket, but $31.00 here in Canada wasn't horrible and I had them next day. Repaced both sides.

The following users liked this post:
Jon89 (10-25-2015)
Old 10-25-2015, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member

Where did you buy the entire assembly? That is indeed a good price....

Old 10-25-2015, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member

So your 2001 XK8 front side markers do not illuminate when the lights are turned on? They do on my wife's 2006 XK8 Victory Edition....
No they do, but I seem to remember the driver's side (left) leaper has the wiring behind it for a lamp.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:28 PM
Received 219 Likes on 112 Posts

Where did you buy the entire assembly? That is indeed a good price....
Bought them at the dealership.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member

Update:

I thought I was purchasing just the lamp sockets from Welsh Enterprises. But their price of $14.75 each includes an entire new assembly with the proper bulb. They arrived in the mail this afternoon. Plugged the connectors together, snapped the assembly into place, turned on the vehicle's lights, and everything works just as it should. I ordered two because I expected the factory left rear side marker assembly to be filled with water as well. It was not. So I'll hold onto my spare until I need it....

By the way, the assembly part number (for both rear side marker lamps) is LJA5034BC....

The following 2 users liked this post by Jon89:
MediaBobNY (12-22-2017), piju1945 (11-03-2015)
Old 10-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member

Glad it was an easy fix.

Sounds like a good price for the entire assembly.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 892 Posts

Hi...

I'm in the U.S.. I need to replace the bulb holders (see pic) all around for side marker lights. Plus to more for side signal lights (fender). I've looked up the 1203522 but all I get is UK and Euro listings. Expensive part and shipping - with a long wait. A US part number would be very helpful,,, if possible. Anyone?

Old 12-01-2017, 05:52 PM
jap
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JayJagJay
Hi...

I'm in the U.S.. I need to replace the bulb holders (see pic) all around for side marker lights. Plus to more for side signal lights (fender). I've looked up the 1203522 but all I get is UK and Euro listings. Expensive part and shipping - with a long wait. A US part number would be very helpful,,, if possible. Anyone?

I need the part that this photographed part plugs into. Here is the one on my 2001 xk8 drivers side front.

Attached Thumbnails Corroded Rear Side Marker Lamp Socket-img_1800.jpg   Corroded Rear Side Marker Lamp Socket-img_1801.jpg  

Last edited by jap; 12-01-2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: upload picture
Old 12-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jap
I need the part that this photographed part plugs into. Here is the one on my 2001 xk8 drivers side front.
Give me a little time. I'll dig it up. Make me do it and don't be afraid to remind me. Ok?

Old 12-01-2017, 06:12 PM
jap

Wow! I'm still stunned at the quick reply! Take your time. Did you find the part that you were looking for (the white one that the bulb actually goes in)? I just bought that one on line for $7 plus shipping ( another $7., ridiculous).

Old 12-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jap
Wow! I'm still stunned at the quick reply! Take your time. Did you find the part that you were looking for (the white one that the bulb actually goes in)? I just bought that one on line for $7 plus shipping ( another $7., ridiculous).
Lol... Hi. Yeah. I used to be all over this forum. Its connected to my email so I get the alert...

I did the male end. I think I paid 7, maybe less, but it was strangely tough to find. The female end was not so much and I found them on ebay, if I'm not mistaken... When at my laptop I will have an easier time retracing my steps.

I'm about to swap engines in my xk8 in December. I've been away from the forum a while but am about to be back, full force, real soon, lol... OOOOH, these cars! 😌

Old 12-01-2017, 06:44 PM
jap

Understood. This is my second Jag. Had an 85 xjs that was very pretty and very fast....and very expensive. So, after a 13 year hiatus, I just bought this xk8 with 230,000 on it! Someone has taken excellent care of it so we'll see how it fares. I had all four shock mounts replaced and a bit of clear coat work done on the bonnet. I replaced the passenger side outer waist seal with a used one from Jaguar Heaven in California. Got a GREAT deal on that part! Went ahead and bought the drivers side as well after seeing what they cost new.

What's up with your motor, tensioners?

Old 12-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jap
Understood. This is my second Jag. Had an 85 xjs that was very pretty and very fast....and very expensive. So, after a 13 year hiatus, I just bought this xk8 with 230,000 on it! Someone has taken excellent care of it so we'll see how it fares. I had all four shock mounts replaced and a bit of clear coat work done on the bonnet. I replaced the passenger side outer waist seal with a used one from Jaguar Heaven in California. Got a GREAT deal on that part! Went ahead and bought the drivers side as well after seeing what they cost new.

What's up with your motor, tensioners?
Nah. Mine has 200k and the guy that basically gave me the xk sold me a motor with 37k for $400. Couldn't pass it up BUT all of this is uncharted territory. BUT engine swap time!!!
I've been doing the jag thing about a year and,,,, the guy just basically gave me a 1990 xjs convert... Been all over that too. Here's a pic.

I replaced the tensioners in the 200k engine already and replaced the ones on the 37k out of the car a couple of weeks ago. Also, in the 200k engine there is a VVT problem that I cannot git rid of since I replaced the LH cylinder head... Engine light that in just CANNOT get to go out... PITA...

Old 12-01-2017, 07:28 PM
jap

Oh man! I admire your bravery.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,252 Likes on 687 Posts

Originally Posted by JayJagJay
Give me a little time. I'll dig it up. Make me do it and don't be afraid to remind me. Ok?
I figured this out when I moved my side indicators into the front marker. It's an EV1 connector primarily used on older fuel injection systems.

Female EV1 on Ebay

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corroded Rear Side Marker Lamp Socket