XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragging Window

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragging Window

Hey all. On my wife's '06 XKR vert the passenger side front window has started not closing all the way. It's not the normal window needs reset stuff, have tried that and no better. The window still drops normally and then goes up normally when opening and closing the door. However, if you roll the window down or during a door open cycle it seems like the front of the window is maybe dragging and when it gets "closed" there is about a 1/4 inch gap between the top of the window and the rear window. With the door closed I can apply pressure to the window from the outside with my hands and push it backward so that it contacts the rear window weather stripping and is then fully closed. I have not tried to take the doors apart on this car yet, but I am guessing that is the next step, any help on doing that or any suggestions from anyone who has experienced a similar problem would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Old 10-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Stan, you might have more luck with help in the XK threads. That's the only nugget of advice I have for you, unfortunately. Good luck!

Old 10-22-2011, 10:27 AM

Whoops. Thank you, thought that's where I was. Too early on Saturday morning I guess...

Old 10-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Default Front Window Dragging

Hey all. On my wife's '06 XKR vert the passenger side front window has started not closing all the way. It's not the normal window needs reset stuff, have tried that and no better. The window still drops normally and then goes up normally when opening and closing the door. However, if you roll the window down or during a door open cycle it seems like the front of the window is maybe dragging and when it gets "closed" there is about a 1/4 inch gap between the top of the window and the rear window. With the door closed I can apply pressure to the window from the outside with my hands and push it backward so that it contacts the rear window weather stripping and is then fully closed. I have not tried to take the doors apart on this car yet, but I am guessing that is the next step, any help on doing that or any suggestions from anyone who has experienced a similar problem would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Old 10-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Attached is a pdf with all the window adjustments . From your description, I am going to guess that you should jump to Step 20, and see if that bolt has loosened. If so, readjust the parrallelism with the rear window and retighten the bolt.

Rev. Sam has youtube videos on door panel removal and some of the other window adjustments.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
window adjustments.pdf (611.7 KB, 130 views)