XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers seat not working 2001 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 09:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Drivers seat not working 2001 XKR

Hi, Wondering if someone can help. I have checked through lots of posts regarding this problem, all to no avail. Current situation is: All drivers seat functions worked until a couple of days ago. I have checked the following,
- Drivers side fuse box, fuse number 1 20amp. and number 8 10amp both. OK.
- Removed both driver and passenger seat modules, both function okay on the passenger seat, neither work on drivers seat.
- Jumped a 12v supply to the multi pin connectors (which are normally plugged into the drivers seat module) all motors run and operate the various seat movements.
- Removed drivers seat and inspected the seat harness, one wire had damage to the plastic sheath but not broken. Checked continuity and repaired sheath.OK
- Drivers door remote panel, memory 1 and 2 both work, but only operate the seat head restraint, door mirrors and steering column. No seat movement.
- Drivers seat controls all move smoothly but only the ones which operate the head restraint and lumber support (Air pump) work.
I have now run out of ideas and am hopeful that other forum members may be able to help, thanks in advance.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:50 AM
GGG
Received 16,823 Likes on 12,178 Posts

The systematic troubleshooting you have completed so far eliminates power supply, harness, seat module and seat motors as you can power them directly. My thoughts turn towards the seat switchpack even though the controls may appear to move smoothly.

Graham

Old 11-09-2020, 06:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Missing 12v Supply to Drivers Seat 2001 Jaguar X100

Thanks for your input GGG. After further investigation I have established that I am not getting a 12v supply from the main car harness which runs from the drivers side fuse box and behind the drivers console then down under the carpet alongside the gearbox and through a plastic sheath under the drivers seat to the seat harness via a yellow multi pin connector.
I have established continuity of the brown/red power cable in the main harness from a test point I made at the side of the gearbox to the seat via the yellow seat harness connector and through the seat harness to the black multi pin connector into the seat control module (connector SD5 pin 5).
I do not get continuity from the test point back to the 20amp fuse in the drivers side fuse box. The fuse is okay.
My question is, is there another connector (other than the yellow one under the seat) prior to the power cable entering the fuse box ? Another connector could perhaps be the cause of a break in the continuity. The actual harness is well bound and secured, at least as far as the side of the gearbox. I am unable to gain access to the rest of the harness without a major strip down. I jumped a 12v supply to the brown/red power cable on the multi pin yellow connector under the drivers seat and everything functioned as it should.