XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fastest Jaguar currently on the road......

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fastest Jaguar currently on the road......

This is the new model to the Arden line up. The "fastest Jag on the road".

Arden rebuilds this eight-cylinder engine from scratch and sharpens the claws of this big cat by increasing its displacement.

The displacement increase to 4.5 l is achieved by fitting a crankshaft specially produced for Arden, along with new con rods and pistons. Arden elicits an impressive 480 bhp / 353 kW and an awesome torque of 640 Nm at 3.850 rpm from its supercharged 4.5 l V8 engine.

The Arden body modification underlines not only the powerful character of the Arden XK AJ20 but it also increases the aerodynamic efficiency of this real sport car.
The aerodynamic was intensively tested and optimised in the wind tunnel with the effect of a better air drag coefficient combined with higher down force for superb handling.

While testing the AJ 20 on the high speed course at ATP Papenburg a top speed of 305 km/h makes the XK AJ 20 Coupe the fastest Jaguar currently on the road.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Fastest Jaguar currently on the road......

How much?

Old 09-13-2007, 02:18 PM

Well, you can choose which modifications you want but a fully loaded XK AJ20 like the one pictured above will cost you more than those rare Portfolio Edition Jaguars. Just to give you an idea, they sell the ECU chip for $4,500 and the brakes for $20,000.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

480BHP??? Couldnt you get same with the Exhaust, ECU and supercharger pulley from Paramount? At a lot less money. My Milltek exhaust just arrived from the UK and its being fitted in a few days. Cant wait.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  7.4 KB

Wow.........that is one gorgeous fast lookin car

Jim

Old 09-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

It looks so aggresive and I really like side skirts. Now, for only 60 hp, I wouldn't waste much money. However, 190 mph is awefully fast.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 AM

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm lucky to hit 135 mph on very rare occasions here in CT. However, if I should ever feel the need to do 200 mph, I think I'll buy this instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D80Sa1QQr2Y

Old 09-15-2007, 09:28 AM

If your trying to buy a fast (and practical) street car then I would choose the Porsche over Jag all day. But, if your looking into super cars then that Porsche GT does not even compare to the handling and perfomance of most model Ferari's or Lamborghini's. Make sure you take driving lessons if you really can ever afford one of those though, its not like pressing in the peddle on an auto Jag.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure they still have XJ220's on the road somewhere

Old 09-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

ORIGINAL: ArdenX

If your trying to buy a fast (and practical) street car then I would choose the Porsche over Jag all day. But, if your looking into super cars then that Porsche GT does not even compare to the handling and perfomance of most model Ferari's or Lamborghini's. Make sure you take driving lessons if you really can ever afford one of those though, its not like pressing in the peddle on an auto Jag.
Never thought I would see the words "practical" and "Porsche" used in the same sentence

Old 09-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member

Yea I didnt even notice that one, You can fit golf clubs in the trunk ofa jag, porsche's don't even have a trunk, lol. You can fit liek 2 bags of groceries into the front of a porsche. And jags are practical because they are auto, I dont think they make automatic porsches.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:12 PM

I am saying the Porsche is a practical street car for speed. People who buy a car for performance do not need a trunk. I am not talking practical for the business man that doesn't know how to drive a stick....

Old 09-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Veteran Member

Well to me and the people I know practical means at least you can drive it to or from work, and in traffic, and at least use your cell phone whiel driving. In Chicago, your gunna be in rush hour in the morning and comin back from work, and often you need to make phone calls. Nobody can pay attention to the road in traffic, drive stick, and talk on a phone at the same time, least nobody I know. Maybe Blue tooth I guess. But I just don't consider a porsche practical, and I don't know what practical for speed means man.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

To my mind, if speed is the criteria, then a Vette with automatic is sure more "practical" than the Porsche.

Doug

Old 09-16-2007, 07:53 AM

Oh man, I'll take it really slow for you guys here cuz your obviously having a tough time with your reading glasses.....

93xj6,

Yes, OF COURSE they make a auto Porsche (and lamborghini's too). If you havn't personally compared a 911 Carrera to a auto Corvette then I feel very sorry for you. I furthermore feel sorry for you if you do not appreciate (or even acknowledge) the advantages of a manual transmission.

Seismicguy,

The Porsche is pracitcal for speeding BECAUSE it has a stick, because it is actually an option. The Porsche is far more practical to hit high speeds in because of it's real sport suspension and aerodynamic design. Going fast in a Porsche in practical, owning a XJR with 400hp is not a practical car to actually take advantage that kind of power.

I'd take this over the Porsche GT.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1877188541544667183

Old 09-16-2007, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  7.4 KB

ORIGINAL: 93xj6
Nobody can pay attention to the road in traffic, drive stick, and talk on a phone at the same time, least nobody I know. Maybe Blue tooth I guess.
Lol............93....as we tend to mostly drive manuals ( stick shift ) over here most of us have been doin exactly that for years...lol

Arden X - I furthermore feel sorry for you if you do not appreciate (or even acknowledge) the advantages of a manual transmission.
I love the feeling of driving a manual, a REAL drivers experience, although having said that, as I get older I find myself strangley drawn to autos....lol

Jim

Old 09-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Everybody I know tells me I'm an old man in a young kids body.
I wear slacks and a hawaiin shirt to high school, I used to need a cane, I'm conservative, I love Jaguars, and I hate manual transmisions. All covers why I'm an old man.

And I still do not understand what arden is saying about it being practical to go fast in a porsche I have no idea what that means, lol...Idk if I'm the only person who is confused. But I don't know your talking to someone who enjoys the luxuries of cars liek a fine interiorand a comfortable ride a lot more than someone who cares about speeding a lot.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:52 AM

Jay Leno is a tool because he couldn't hit 200 mph in a GT on a race track, even after practicing over and over again under the instruction of a Professional Race Car Driver! Did anybody else besides me see that show (can't recall the show's name)? He spun out at 190 mph. Fortunately for him, he didn't hit the wall.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:12 PM

Ok, I'll be sure to avoid trying to explain things you are too ignorant to understand. Here is a commercial for ya....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KPNT5j_OMzw

Quick Reply: Fastest Jaguar currently on the road......